Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexa / Google Home + DeConz Color support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa / Google Home + DeConz Color support?

I have a light in DeConz showing up with JowiHue just fine. Everything works through HS3.

So what's the secret to get color control through Alexa? I've done a search and checked that ControlUse for the color hue child device is set to color control. Alexa still says no color capabilities.

Can anyone help with this?
    Last edited by w.vuyk; May 30, 2018, 05:13 AM.

Jeubanks,

Sorry I cannot help you out there still. I have updated the plugin as Rich announced the availability of the ControlUse "Color Control" as condition to have color control for Alexa in a plugin. I have added this and also prepared code for hexadecimal input on devices.
    But cannot test it as the skill is still only for the US and also Alexa does not know a word in Dutch

I hope someone else can chime in or we have to find a way to see if mentioning colors reaches the plugin somehow where we can trace things?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      Jeubanks,

Sorry I cannot help you out there still. I have updated the plugin as Rich announced the availability of the ControlUse "Color Control" as condition to have color control for Alexa in a plugin. I have added this and also prepared code for hexadecimal input on devices.
      But cannot test it as the skill is still only for the US and also Alexa does not know a word in Dutch

I hope someone else can chime in or we have to find a way to see if mentioning colors reaches the plugin somehow where we can trace things?

Wim
      Thanks for the update. I tried every change/setting method of possibly getting it to show color capabilities through the amazon app and nothing it never registers with color capabilities. Your plugin works fine, this is a HS issue with Alexa.

If I could ever get these 2 bulbs to pair with my Hue bridge it wouldn't be a problem, but for whatever reason (probably their firmware) I have never been able to get them to pair with my Hue bridge. Oh well... they pair just fine with my Echo Plus.

Comment

The title should be updated to be Alexa OR Google Home. I just did a test with the RGBW light with Google Home and no color control with Google either.

Does Color Control just not work with any voice control?

Comment

I hope another test could chime in.

You can also try to enable detailed tracing in the config ( + log to file) and perform some voice commands for on/off as well as color. Then disable the trace again and send me the JowiHue.log file (from hs3 install directory\Logs).

The I can have a look if the color command reaches the plugin. The on/off command is for me to have a working comparison.

Send the file to w dot vuyk at upcmail dot nl?

Thanks,

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

I hope another test could chime in.

You can also try to enable detailed tracing in the config ( + log to file) and perform some voice commands for on/off as well as color. Then disable the trace again and send me the JowiHue.log file (from hs3 install directory\Logs).

The I can have a look if the color command reaches the plugin. The on/off command is for me to have a working comparison.

Send the file to w dot vuyk at upcmail dot nl?

Thanks,

Wim
            Next time I try to run a test I will do that. I only have the 2 color bulbs currently and they are my daughters so it's hard to get them for testing. I did do the normal on/off/dim testing and all of that worked fine.

I have a LIFX bulb on order but that won't help with this testing.

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
              Next time I try to run a test I will do that. I only have the 2 color bulbs currently and they are my daughters so it's hard to get them for testing. I did do the normal on/off/dim testing and all of that worked fine.

I have a LIFX bulb on order but that won't help with this testing.
              I have some lifx bulbs and they are quite bright. They are the older version with 1130 Lumens. They are just adj white. They work great with the UltraLighting3 plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                I have some lifx bulbs and they are quite bright. They are the older version with 1130 Lumens. They are just adj white. They work great with the UltraLighting3 plugin.
                I got my LIFX bulb today. I'll be playing with that tonight after work. See if I can get any color commands through the UltraLighting3 PI. If not I'm going to say it's not a PI issue but a HS/Alexa API issue???

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
                  I got my LIFX bulb today. I'll be playing with that tonight after work. See if I can get any color commands through the UltraLighting3 PI. If not I'm going to say it's not a PI issue but a HS/Alexa API issue???
                  Jeubanks,

Out of curiousity, did the color commands work for LIFX?

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

Jeubanks,

Out of curiousity, did the color commands work for LIFX?

Wim
                    I have not tried doing color commands with LIFX through HS3. I still need to look at the UltraLighting plugin to see if it supports it. I don't think it does, as it doesn't support Color control from control but from events from what I've read so far.

For the moment I'm just accepting that for certain things (Color bulb support) I have use direct Alexa/Google connection and not go through HS3. It's a shame.

Comment

Any solution for this? I still can't get any colour support on hue or deconz gateway (hue RGB or IKEA RGB).

I know Alexa support colour control. Is it just a setting I'm missing enabling rgb bulbs tgrouth this plug-in?

Comment

I think you have to enable to root for alexa ...not just the rgb node .

Comment

Originally posted by MattLau View Post
                          I think you have to enable to root for alexa ...not just the rgb node .
                          Not sure I understand what you mean?

Comment

In hs3 you can enable devices by cheking the case’’ voice enable’’

when you add a rgbw light you have like 3-4 new devices associated. The first one is the root. You have to anable the root of the rgwb devices by cheking the ‘’voice’’ option . If it is not clear i will post a picture tonight

Comment

Originally posted by MattLau View Post
                              In hs3 you can enable devices by cheking the case’’ voice enable’’

when you add a rgbw light you have like 3-4 new devices associated. The first one is the root. You have to anable the root of the rgwb devices by cheking the ‘’voice’’ option . If it is not clear i will post a picture tonight
                              I tried that. It shows on Alexa, but Alexa don't recognize it as colour compatible :/

Comment

Working...
                              X