Hue Brightness Levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hue Brightness Levels

I've seen something interesting tonight.

My main HS3 system is connected to my Hue hub and so is my Vera test box which is running the Vera Hue App. I see this from the interfaces.

HS3 JowiHue Brightness = 25%
    Vera App Brightness = 10%
    Hue App Brightness = 10%

From Hue App Brightness Set to 25%
    JowiHue Shows = 64%
    Vera Shows = 25%

From Hue App Set to 50%
    Vera Shows = 50%
    JowiHue Show = Icon gone, percentage gone, slider bar all the way to 100%

Is there some setting in JowiHue that I missed in order to setup the Hue bulbs correctly for brightness?

Jeubanks,

wich config are you using? If you are using deCONZ, be aware that the plugin slows down on polling to stay easy on the network. It can take time for the plugin to update the devices on an external update, up to 30 seconds?

I am am here still using the actual values on the device (e.g. values 1 to 254) so do not check on the percentages on daily basis(did not set use percentages in the configuration page). I checked the code here and is should translate to the correct percentages, not much to differ from actual percentages, except the waiting time before the device gets updated?

If you want the devices to update instantly, I would need to update the polling frequency for deCONZ?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Jeubanks,

After doing some calculations with the values you reported, I am starting to be convince you did not set the use percentage in the configuration page.

A value of 25 is around 10% of 254, max real value of the brightness, 64 is a setting of 25% of the same max value and off the chart value would be 127 of the real value (you can check this in the properties of the device, advanced tab).

If you set the show percentage option it should show comparable values
      Wim
      Attached Files
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
        Jeubanks,

After doing some calculations with the values you reported, I am starting to be convince you did not set the use percentage in the configuration page.

A value of 25 is around 10% of 254, max real value of the brightness, 64 is a setting of 25% of the same max value and off the chart value would be 127 of the real value (you can check this in the properties of the device, advanced tab).

If you set the show percentage option it should show comparable values
        Wim
        Late reply.

1. I don't use deConz for anything currently. Doesn't work with anything I have that I want it to work with. These bulbs are direct off a Hue bridge

2. After reading I went and checked that box. I figured it was something simple. I can go check the values again later but this is most likely the case. I just didn't know why in the Hue app and Vera the percentage was different than HS3.

Comment

Working...
        X