X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• w.vuyk
    replied
    Originally posted by aleksander.lyse View Post
    Hmm So you think this is a HomeSeer issue, not the plugin. Look at the log - I setup the parent device as voice control, but then by logic the children should be sent too. As you can see the hue is a separate device. To make alexa work with all settings they should be paired together as one device (if I call the parent living room alexa should see living room as parent + hue child + sat child + ct child. Now it only see it as parent and ignore the children. So turn on/off and dim works, but of course colors doesnt as thats part of the children

aug-29 19.33.06 Device Control Device: Main Living Room Living room (Hue) to color picker (-1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    aug-29 19.32.44 Device Control Device: Main Living Room Living room (Hue) to (value) (60478) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    aug-29 19.32.33 Device Control Device: Main Living Room Living room to (value) (254) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    aug-29 19.32.22 Device Control Device: Main Living Room Living room to (value) (119) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    The problem adding things to the parent as it seems like I cant add more than one range element.
    Alexsander,

Capi commands, which are generated by HomeSeer are generated by the HomeSeer system. The plugin only responds to the end command, which is the change of the device.
    Did you try to enable the voice command for the Hue device?

Wim

Leave a comment:

• aleksander.lyse
    replied
    Originally posted by djsaad1 View Post
    Are these hue bulbs? If so the easiest way to do it through alexa is by adding the hue skill. All the bulbs will then be added to alexa.

The way i do it is with events, I create a manual homeseer event with a voice command that either turns on a hue scene or jowihue scene/preset.
    Yes its hue bulbs, but since this is a native alexa thing I cant see why HS / Plugin would not be able to do it without an event?

Leave a comment:

• aleksander.lyse
    replied
    This is the directive from alexa if that helps anything https://developer.amazon.com/docs/de...ontroller.html

Leave a comment:

• djsaad1
    replied
    Are these hue bulbs? If so the easiest way to do it through alexa is by adding the hue skill. All the bulbs will then be added to alexa.

The way i do it is with events, I create a manual homeseer event with a voice command that either turns on a hue scene or jowihue scene/preset.

Leave a comment:

• aleksander.lyse
    replied
    To add, if I add color picker (-1) and set that to color the bulb show up as alexa compatible, but asking for a color just turn off the light
    aug-29 20.03.50 Device Control Device: Main Living Room Living room to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    aug-29 20.03.40 Device Control Device: Main Living Room Living room to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Is it any way to figure out what the real command coming in is?

Leave a comment:

• aleksander.lyse
    replied
    Hmm So you think this is a HomeSeer issue, not the plugin. Look at the log - I setup the parent device as voice control, but then by logic the children should be sent too. As you can see the hue is a separate device. To make alexa work with all settings they should be paired together as one device (if I call the parent living room alexa should see living room as parent + hue child + sat child + ct child. Now it only see it as parent and ignore the children. So turn on/off and dim works, but of course colors doesnt as thats part of the children

aug-29 19.33.06 Device Control Device: Main Living Room Living room (Hue) to color picker (-1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    aug-29 19.32.44 Device Control Device: Main Living Room Living room (Hue) to (value) (60478) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    aug-29 19.32.33 Device Control Device: Main Living Room Living room to (value) (254) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    aug-29 19.32.22 Device Control Device: Main Living Room Living room to (value) (119) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    The problem adding things to the parent as it seems like I cant add more than one range element.

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    The WAF is needed for using alexa and speaking English is not part of WAF

I am afraid this cannot be done from the plugin? The alexa control part is done by the homeseer program, there are no alexa functions controlled by the plugin. The only suggestion I can imagine is setting voice control on the Hue device as the plugin listens to hexadecimal input on this device and has the "Color Control" option set - the only adjustment needed as HST mentioned. Other then that I would not know what to do from plugin perspective?

Wim

Leave a comment:

• aleksander.lyse
    replied
    You can still run an us Alexa there. Working fibfin Norway I mean the plugin don't send the children of the parent to Alexa. It only detects the parent that is circled in red. The other ones Alexa smart home is not detecting.

That way Alexa don't see them as rgb bulbs.

I think the solution is to be able to send the whole element parent and childeen as one device.

If you provide me with what logs you want I can record

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    Aleksander,

I am not really sure as I have not an Alexa here. This device is not available in Dutch, so I cannot use it for my environment.
    The devices are already grouped together, so I do not know what you do to group 'elements'? What are 'elements' here? Devices? You cannot do that as the plugin will not function anymore then. Or is an 'element' something in Alexa? Then I hope with an Alexa can chime in here.

Wim

Leave a comment:

• aleksander.lyse
    started a topic Traverse light parent children to alexa

Traverse light parent children to alexa

Im trying to use JowiHue with Alexa (Homeseer SmartHome skill).

From what I have been told I should set voice command on the root element (from what I understand is the red circle), when I scan the alexa app Living room show up, and I can ask alexa to turn on / off the lights and dim them, as is the builtin functions in "status graphic" in the element.

BUT the other children, "hue, sat and ct" does not get included in the alexa element - that way the bulb does not get registred as a color lamp and im missing a lot of functions.

Is it something I have to do to force group all those elements to one element? It seem like the reason why color does not work is that the ones in the blue circle is not concidered as part of the red circled elemenent.

(If I try to change the color manually it works).

Click image for larger version

Name:	homeseer.PNG
Views:	118
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	1243620
Working...
X