Traverse light parent children to alexa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aleksander.lyse View Post

So how to make a real retween hue and the ,"children"? So that they respond until under one device.

It's no logic to it not working with HS directly. Both ho f assistant, honey and openhab got color control without the hue skill
    Since Hue support is not native in HomeSeer, you would have to see if Wim can support it. In addition to that he will have to work with HomeSeer for color support within the Echo HS skill. I think there was color support within one of the HomeSeer skills for Fibaro and Qubino RGBW controllers. I don’t have any of those any longer. We enabled the Hue skill and did not set any HS Hue devices for voice control. That worked very well for voice control of colors, but the whole voice control thing just was not well received in our house. My wife actually rebelled against it.

I don’t know about all the other software, but a friend who has openhab said his Echo skill is very limited. On-Off, some numeric and limited thermostat skills are all he has. Home Assistant uses a virtual Hue hub for control and usedps this to interact with a physical Hue hub. Reading about the emulated_hue in Home Assistant: “The virtual bridge can turn entities on/off or change the brightness of dimmable lights. The volume level of media players can be controlled as brightness”. It doesn’t say anything about color.

I do know that color picker support is evolving in HomeSeer over the last year.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Aleksander,

I really would like to hear the results when you enable the Hue device for voice control as this device has the mentioned color control enabled as HST told us to do to enable the color control in alexa. It might not be the voice command you'd like to give, but at least we can confirm if the attribute is giving results or not?

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        My wife actually rebelled against it.
        Same here when I tried to bring it in the house WAF went wayyyyy below par.... Most especially because it was English only
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
          Aleksander,

I really would like to hear the results when you enable the Hue device for voice control as this device has the mentioned color control enabled as HST told us to do to enable the color control in alexa. It might not be the voice command you'd like to give, but at least we can confirm if the attribute is giving results or not?

Wim
          For me the WAF is opposite. I have a hard time here - He loved the Homee, not because of the crap HW, but the fancy led ring. And now "oh nothing is working" (well more is working, but the one thing that he wants to work is not working, repeating "Alexa, set lights to blue" with it used to work before".

For now I enabled the HUE skill in alexa, and of course it all works, but thas not what I really want.

Let me see if I can do some core logs of Alexa of incoming commands into HS if its possible. It would be interessting to figure out what is actually getting passed over, as I can make the bulbs beeing identified as "color" lights with your plugin, just not possible to control them. If the HS plugin does not parse that directive its no wonder its not working, but for everyone, the plugin developer and users im sure it would actually be of interest of full Alexa integration as for me this is part of the essence of a smart home.

Comment

Aleksander,

I doubt if you got what I liked you to test. So far, looking back you only have enabled the 'root' on/off device for voice control. The point is, that in the plugin, specifically the Hue device is marked for Color control. So my question is not only to enable voice control on the root device, but also on the Hue device and then check after import in alexa if the hue device is enabled for color control? This way we can see if the HST setting is correct?

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Aleksander,

I doubt if you got what I liked you to test. So far, looking back you only have enabled the 'root' on/off device for voice control. The point is, that in the plugin, specifically the Hue device is marked for Color control. So my question is not only to enable voice control on the root device, but also on the Hue device and then check after import in alexa if the hue device is enabled for color control? This way we can see if the HST setting is correct?

Wim
              Okay I got it now

I tried, and I think I have some interessting debug logs for you.

1. If I enable "Voice Control" on a child object (like HUE) the light get registred as "color" compatible, BUT it get a parse error in the object

Code:
              Aug-30 13:23:11         DEBUG JSON    Query: request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=&value=-99&token=73106646115736850126&source=EchoSH
              Aug-30 13:23:11         Error    Problem serializing data for JSON request: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
              2. If I DISABLE the voice control on the child, but put one element in the parent with "Control Use" -> Color the light get registred as color compatible, the rest of the examples follows with this enabled, or alexa will just reply this light is not color compatible

The voice command "Turn on living room lights" works as expected

Code:
              Aug-30 13:14:35         JowiHue    Debug: (SetDeviceByUserRequest) ::End
              Aug-30 13:14:35         JowiHue    Debug: (SetDeviceByUserRequest) :SetDeviceByUserRequest:Start ref=148 Action:255
              Aug-30 13:14:35         Device Control    Device: Main Living Room Living room to On (255) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
              Aug-30 13:14:35         Info    Controling device Living room from JSON, source=EchoSH
              Aug-30 13:14:35         DEBUG JSON    Query: request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=148&value=255&token=73106646115736850126&source=EchoSH
              Aug-30 13:14:35         DEBUG JSON    Query: request=getcontrol&ref=148&token=73106646115736850126&source=EchoSH
              The voice command "Dim living room lights 50%" works as expected

Code:
              Aug-30 13:14:57         JowiHue    Debug: (SetDeviceByUserRequest) ::End
              Aug-30 13:14:57         JowiHue    Debug: (SetDeviceByUserRequest) :SetDeviceByUserRequest:Start ref=148 Action:128
              Aug-30 13:14:57         Device Control    Device: Main Living Room Living room to 128 (128) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
              Aug-30 13:14:57         Info    Controling device Living room from JSON, source=EchoSH
              Aug-30 13:14:57         DEBUG JSON    Query: request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=148&value=128&token=73106646115736850126&source=EchoSH
              Aug-30 13:14:57         DEBUG JSON    Query: request=getcontrol&ref=148&token=73106646115736850126&source=EchoSH
              Aug-30 13:14:57         DEBUG JSON    Query: request=getstatus&devref=148&voiceonly=False&token=73106646115736850126&source=EchoSH
              The voice command "Set living room lights to white" Turn off the lights

An interessting note here is that value is sent as 0, but the String has the correct color (FFFFFF) -> I think your plugin needs to look for the string before value

Code:
              Aug-30 13:15:20         JowiHue    Debug: (EnergyProcessThread) :EnergyProcessThread: Switched off - Total usage of Hue color lamp 1 is now 2 Days, 2 Hours, 16 minutes and 2 seconds(180962 seconds)
              Aug-30 13:15:20         JowiHue    Debug: (EnergyProcessThread) :EnergyProcessThread: Switched off - Total usage of Chimney is now 1 Days, 8 Hours, 0 minutes and 16 seconds(115216 seconds)
              Aug-30 13:15:20         JowiHue    Debug: (EnergyProcessThread) :EnergyProcessThread: Switched off - Total usage of Living room behind sofa is now 1 Days, 7 Hours, 48 minutes and 12 seconds(114492 seconds)
              Aug-30 13:15:20         JowiHue    Debug: (EnergyProcessThread) :EnergyProcessThread: Switched off - Total usage of Living room next to tv is now 1 Days, 8 Hours, 11 minutes and 23 seconds(115883 seconds)
              Aug-30 13:15:17         JowiHue    Debug: (SetDeviceByUserRequest) ::End
              Aug-30 13:15:17         JowiHue    Debug: (SetDeviceByUserRequest) :SetDeviceByUserRequest:Start ref=148 Action:0
              Aug-30 13:15:17         Device Control    Device: Main Living Room Living room to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
              Aug-30 13:15:17         Info    Controling device Living room from JSON, source=EchoSH
              Aug-30 13:15:17         DEBUG JSON    Query: request=controldevicebyindex&ref=148&String=FFFFFF&ccindex=0&value=0&token=73106646115736850126&source=EchoSH
              Aug-30 13:15:06         JowiHue    Debug: (MainWatchTimer) :Checking plugin health 8/30/2018 1:15:06 PM
              The voice command "Set living room lights to blue" Turns off the lights

Same as above, but see, correct color is sent (0000FF)

Code:
              Aug-30 13:15:56         JowiHue    Debug: (EnergyProcessThread) :EnergyProcessThread: Switched off - Total usage of Hue color lamp 1 is now 2 Days, 2 Hours, 16 minutes and 44 seconds(181004 seconds)
              Aug-30 13:15:56         JowiHue    Debug: (EnergyProcessThread) :EnergyProcessThread: Switched off - Total usage of Chimney is now 1 Days, 8 Hours, 0 minutes and 58 seconds(115258 seconds)
              Aug-30 13:15:56         JowiHue    Debug: (EnergyProcessThread) :EnergyProcessThread: Switched off - Total usage of Living room behind sofa is now 1 Days, 7 Hours, 48 minutes and 54 seconds(114534 seconds)
              Aug-30 13:15:56         JowiHue    Debug: (EnergyProcessThread) :EnergyProcessThread: Switched off - Total usage of Living room next to tv is now 1 Days, 8 Hours, 12 minutes and 5 seconds(115925 seconds)
              Aug-30 13:15:55         JowiHue    Debug: (SetDeviceByUserRequest) ::End
              Aug-30 13:15:55         JowiHue    Debug: (SetDeviceByUserRequest) :SetDeviceByUserRequest:Start ref=148 Action:0
              Aug-30 13:15:55         Device Control    Device: Main Living Room Living room to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
              Aug-30 13:15:55         Info    Controling device Living room from JSON, source=EchoSH
              Aug-30 13:15:55         DEBUG JSON    Query: request=controldevicebyindex&ref=148&String=0000FF&ccindex=0&value=0&token=73106646115736850126&source=EchoSH
              The coice command "Turn off living room lights" Works as expected

Code:
              Aug-30 13:17:06         JowiHue    Debug: (MainWatchTimer) :Checking plugin health 8/30/2018 1:17:06 PM
              Aug-30 13:17:05         JowiHue    Debug: (EnergyProcessThread) :EnergyProcessThread: Switched off - Total usage of Hue color lamp 1 is now 2 Days, 2 Hours, 16 minutes and 50 seconds(181010 seconds)
              Aug-30 13:17:05         JowiHue    Debug: (EnergyProcessThread) :EnergyProcessThread: Switched off - Total usage of Chimney is now 1 Days, 8 Hours, 1 minutes and 4 seconds(115264 seconds)
              Aug-30 13:17:05         JowiHue    Debug: (EnergyProcessThread) :EnergyProcessThread: Switched off - Total usage of Living room behind sofa is now 1 Days, 7 Hours, 49 minutes and 0 seconds(114540 seconds)
              Aug-30 13:17:05         JowiHue    Debug: (EnergyProcessThread) :EnergyProcessThread: Switched off - Total usage of Living room next to tv is now 1 Days, 8 Hours, 12 minutes and 11 seconds(115931 seconds)
              Aug-30 13:17:02         JowiHue    Debug: (SetDeviceByUserRequest) ::End
              Aug-30 13:17:02         JowiHue    Debug: (SetDeviceByUserRequest) :SetDeviceByUserRequest:Start ref=148 Action:0
              Aug-30 13:17:02         Device Control    Device: Main Living Room Living room to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
              Aug-30 13:17:02         Info    Controling device Living room from JSON, source=EchoSH
              Aug-30 13:17:02         DEBUG JSON    Query: request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=148&value=0&token=73106646115736850126&source=EchoSH
              Aug-30 13:17:02         DEBUG JSON    Query: request=getcontrol&ref=148&token=73106646115736850126&source=EchoSH

Comment

I think we are on to something now! HST said to enable the Color Control attribute on the device for color, but never explained it should be done on the root device. Am I right you enabled the color attribute on the on/off device by adding a new value (say 258) on the graphics tab? Because from there the responses seem to normalize...

The plugin is checking the change on the Hue device only, so I will have to make a change for the plugin to enable responses for color on the on/off device. Can you confirm what you exactly changed to enable the value passing correctly?

2. If I DISABLE the voice control on the child, but put one element in the parent with "Control Use" -> Color the light get registred as color compatible, the rest of the examples follows with this enabled, or alexa will just reply this light is not color compatible
                When does Alexa reply the not color compatible? Is this on color lights or (as it should) on ambiance and white lights? If it is the latter, the plugin, once working correctly with color attributes will prevent trying to use ambiant and whites as color lights.

The voice command "Set living room lights to white" Turn off the lights

An interessting note here is that value is sent as 0, but the String has the correct color (FFFFFF) -> I think your plugin needs to look for the string before value

The voice command "Set living room lights to blue" Turns off the lights

Same as above, but see, correct color is sent (0000FF)
                This is to be expected as the plugin in its current state is checking for the string only for the Hue devices, so now it is seeing the value 0 and will turn off lights, no matter the color you send as command.

I will try and update the plugin with this information. I expect I will need you to test this, is that ok with you?

Thanks for the help so far!

Wim

-- Wim

Comment

I think we are on to something now! HST said to enable the Color Control attribute on the device for color, but never explained it should be done on the root device. Am I right you enabled the color attribute on the on/off device by adding a new value (say 258) on the graphics tab? Because from there the responses seem to normalize...

The plugin is checking the change on the Hue device only, so I will have to make a change for the plugin to enable responses for color on the on/off device. Can you confirm what you exactly changed to enable the value passing correctly?

When does Alexa reply the not color compatible? Is this on color lights or (as it should) on ambiance and white lights? If it is the latter, the plugin, once working correctly with color attributes will prevent trying to use ambiant and whites as color lights.

This is to be expected as the plugin in its current state is checking for the string only for the Hue devices, so now it is seeing the value 0 and will turn off lights, no matter the color you send as command.

I will try and update the plugin with this information. I expect I will need you to test this, is that ok with you?

Thanks for the help so far!

Wim

I Just added a "-1" value on a new attribute with color control and left the rest as is (on/off/dimming) on the root object

The only thing I changed for the bulb to be detected as "color compatible" was adding a new field with value -1 and set that to color control, plus of couse enabled voice control on the root device.

I did not touch any settings on the child devices

Of course I can test

Comment

Here you got some more details:

Here is the default auto added living room bulb group as made by your plugin with no notifications except set voice command to "living room" and enabled "voice control"
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	default.PNG
Views:	72
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	1244598

Then in the Alexa App the bulb show up with dimmable, on and off, but NOT color compatible

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	1244599

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	1244600

Then I add the one value

Name:	after.PNG
Views:	65
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	1244601

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	1244602

Here for reference is the same bulb through hue - a settings is missing that is about color temperature

Name:	huesettings.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	1244603

Comment

Aleksander,

Am in contact with HST on this issue. Rich explained that it should be enough to enable the Color_Control on the child device itself, NOT on the on/off device. could you do the same test as before, with only voice control enabled on the root device, with the Color_Control -1 value removed? Be sure to refresh the alexa once more. Does it then send the hexadecimal code in the log?

You can do this test also with the test version of the plugin I send you.

thanks,

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                      X