Traverse light parent children to alexa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traverse light parent children to alexa

Im trying to use JowiHue with Alexa (Homeseer SmartHome skill).

From what I have been told I should set voice command on the root element (from what I understand is the red circle), when I scan the alexa app Living room show up, and I can ask alexa to turn on / off the lights and dim them, as is the builtin functions in "status graphic" in the element.

BUT the other children, "hue, sat and ct" does not get included in the alexa element - that way the bulb does not get registred as a color lamp and im missing a lot of functions.

Is it something I have to do to force group all those elements to one element? It seem like the reason why color does not work is that the ones in the blue circle is not concidered as part of the red circled elemenent.

(If I try to change the color manually it works).

Click image for larger version

Name:	homeseer.PNG
Views:	118
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	1243620

Aleksander,

I am not really sure as I have not an Alexa here. This device is not available in Dutch, so I cannot use it for my environment.
    The devices are already grouped together, so I do not know what you do to group 'elements'? What are 'elements' here? Devices? You cannot do that as the plugin will not function anymore then. Or is an 'element' something in Alexa? Then I hope with an Alexa can chime in here.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

You can still run an us Alexa there. Working fibfin Norway I mean the plugin don't send the children of the parent to Alexa. It only detects the parent that is circled in red. The other ones Alexa smart home is not detecting.

That way Alexa don't see them as rgb bulbs.

I think the solution is to be able to send the whole element parent and childeen as one device.

If you provide me with what logs you want I can record

Comment

The WAF is needed for using alexa and speaking English is not part of WAF

I am afraid this cannot be done from the plugin? The alexa control part is done by the homeseer program, there are no alexa functions controlled by the plugin. The only suggestion I can imagine is setting voice control on the Hue device as the plugin listens to hexadecimal input on this device and has the "Color Control" option set - the only adjustment needed as HST mentioned. Other then that I would not know what to do from plugin perspective?

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Hmm So you think this is a HomeSeer issue, not the plugin. Look at the log - I setup the parent device as voice control, but then by logic the children should be sent too. As you can see the hue is a separate device. To make alexa work with all settings they should be paired together as one device (if I call the parent living room alexa should see living room as parent + hue child + sat child + ct child. Now it only see it as parent and ignore the children. So turn on/off and dim works, but of course colors doesnt as thats part of the children

aug-29 19.33.06 Device Control Device: Main Living Room Living room (Hue) to color picker (-1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
          aug-29 19.32.44 Device Control Device: Main Living Room Living room (Hue) to (value) (60478) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
          aug-29 19.32.33 Device Control Device: Main Living Room Living room to (value) (254) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
          aug-29 19.32.22 Device Control Device: Main Living Room Living room to (value) (119) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
          The problem adding things to the parent as it seems like I cant add more than one range element.

Comment

To add, if I add color picker (-1) and set that to color the bulb show up as alexa compatible, but asking for a color just turn off the light
            aug-29 20.03.50 Device Control Device: Main Living Room Living room to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
            aug-29 20.03.40 Device Control Device: Main Living Room Living room to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
            Is it any way to figure out what the real command coming in is?

Comment

Are these hue bulbs? If so the easiest way to do it through alexa is by adding the hue skill. All the bulbs will then be added to alexa.

The way i do it is with events, I create a manual homeseer event with a voice command that either turns on a hue scene or jowihue scene/preset.

Comment

This is the directive from alexa if that helps anything https://developer.amazon.com/docs/de...ontroller.html

Comment

Originally posted by djsaad1 View Post
                  Are these hue bulbs? If so the easiest way to do it through alexa is by adding the hue skill. All the bulbs will then be added to alexa.

The way i do it is with events, I create a manual homeseer event with a voice command that either turns on a hue scene or jowihue scene/preset.
                  Yes its hue bulbs, but since this is a native alexa thing I cant see why HS / Plugin would not be able to do it without an event?

Comment

Originally posted by aleksander.lyse View Post
                    Hmm So you think this is a HomeSeer issue, not the plugin. Look at the log - I setup the parent device as voice control, but then by logic the children should be sent too. As you can see the hue is a separate device. To make alexa work with all settings they should be paired together as one device (if I call the parent living room alexa should see living room as parent + hue child + sat child + ct child. Now it only see it as parent and ignore the children. So turn on/off and dim works, but of course colors doesnt as thats part of the children

aug-29 19.33.06 Device Control Device: Main Living Room Living room (Hue) to color picker (-1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    aug-29 19.32.44 Device Control Device: Main Living Room Living room (Hue) to (value) (60478) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    aug-29 19.32.33 Device Control Device: Main Living Room Living room to (value) (254) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    aug-29 19.32.22 Device Control Device: Main Living Room Living room to (value) (119) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    The problem adding things to the parent as it seems like I cant add more than one range element.
                    Alexsander,

Capi commands, which are generated by HomeSeer are generated by the HomeSeer system. The plugin only responds to the end command, which is the change of the device.
                    Did you try to enable the voice command for the Hue device?

Wim
                    -- Wim

Comment

Yes its hue bulbs, but since this is a native alexa thing I cant see why HS / Plugin would not be able to do it without an event?
                      It appears you are using the Echo Hue skill, which is exclusive of HomeSeer, it works directly from Amazon to the Hue hub. The Device Control log entries are likely the plug-in reporting that the devices have changed, not that HS is changing them.
                      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                        It appears you are using the Echo Hue skill, which is exclusive of HomeSeer, it works directly from Amazon to the Hue hub. The Device Control log entries are likely the plug-in reporting that the devices have changed, not that HS is changing them.
                        No, I not with those logs. I ended up enabling it just to get colors working for now, but for those logs the only enabled skill is Homeseer SmartHome

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post

Alexsander,

Capi commands, which are generated by HomeSeer are generated by the HomeSeer system. The plugin only responds to the end command, which is the change of the device.
                          Did you try to enable the voice command for the Hue device?

Wim
                          So it seems like this is a HS issue presenting parent-child relationships and translating color change commands to the CAPI from Alexa? From what you are saying if you would get the correct CAPI commands from HS it should work, in theory.

Any HS staff that could confirm if Color Command is enabled on the SmartHome app at all? If its not, its no wonder why its not working.

This should be possible asap - yes I can use the Hue skill, yes I can setup events, but I would like to use your app to

1. Create scenes for Alexa
                          2. Fully control groups and lights with color (not working now), dimming (working), scenes (not tested, but dont think scenes get picked up by the alexa skill, and on/off (working).

I guess thats part of the basic requirements for a smart home app, but it seems like if your plugin get the correct commands it would work. Would it be possible to check what alexa command HS actually is getting to see it colors actually is picked up and decoded?

P.S Its not just a HUE issue. Same issue With Deconz

Comment

So it seems like this is a HS issue presenting parent-child relationships and translating color change commands to the CAPI from Alexa? From what you are saying if you would get the correct CAPI commands from HS it should work, in theory.

Any HS staff that could confirm if Color Command is enabled on the SmartHome app at all? If its not, its no wonder why its not working.

This should be possible asap - yes I can use the Hue skill, yes I can setup events, but I would like to use your app to

1. Create scenes for Alexa
                            2. Fully control groups and lights with color (not working now), dimming (working), scenes (not tested, but dont think scenes get picked up by the alexa skill, and on/off (working).

I guess thats part of the basic requirements for a smart home app, but it seems like if your plugin get the correct commands it would work. Would it be possible to check what alexa command HS actually is getting to see it colors actually is picked up and decoded?

P.S Its not just a HUE issue. Same issue With Deconz
                            Unless something has changed, you cannot set colors with the HS skills. Echo does support color through the Hue skill.

It is also worth noting that the recommendation to enable the ROOT of a Z-Wave device is not the same as a “Parent” in the Hue plug-in. As Inwrote several days ago, the parent/child relationship in HomeSeer is only for grouping devices together. It is a visual element and has nothing to do with function. A multi element Z-Wave device has a root device (no controls) and one or more child nodes. Z-Wave devices are also grouped so that the root becomes the parent to the associated child nodes. The functional relationship between a Z-Wave root and the child devices is within the Z-Wave device itself. This is a completely different relationship than the parent/child relationship with regard to grouping. On Hue devices Wim chose to make the color control devices children of the level device, purely for aesthetic reasons, it is not a functional relationship between the elements.
                            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                              Unless something has changed, you cannot set colors with the HS skills. Echo does support color through the Hue skill.

It is also worth noting that the recommendation to enable the ROOT of a Z-Wave device is not the same as a “Parent” in the Hue plug-in. As Inwrote several days ago, the parent/child relationship in HomeSeer is only for grouping devices together. It is a visual element and has nothing to do with function. A multi element Z-Wave device has a root device (no controls) and one or more child nodes. Z-Wave devices are also grouped so that the root becomes the parent to the associated child nodes. The functional relationship between a Z-Wave root and the child devices is within the Z-Wave device itself. This is a completely different relationship than the parent/child relationship with regard to grouping. On Hue devices Wim chose to make the color control devices children of the level device, purely for aesthetic reasons, it is not a functional relationship between the elements.
                              So how to make a real retween hue and the ,"children"? So that they respond until under one device.

It's no logic to it not working with HS directly. Both ho f assistant, honey and openhab got color control without the hue skill

Comment

Working...
                              X