Devices don't get imported to HS from deCONZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devices don't get imported to HS from deCONZ

I have 28 devices (1 controller, 23 lights and 4 sensors) in my Zigbee network. They all show up in deCONZ. But, in JowiHue I have just group devices for lights and one sensor device in the plugin. (I can however set all lights on/off using the "All Lights" On and Off buttons).

How do I recover from this situation?

Screen shots from deCONZ and JowiHue are attached.

//Fredrik
    Attached Files

What version of deCONZ are you running? Can you see the lights in Phoscon?

Sometimes recycling the JowiHue plugin (disable/enable) will fix device discovery type things like this.

Comment

I'm running deCONZ v2.05.20 and in Phoscon only one light device is shown, "Light 1" (and one sensor),
      Attached Files

Comment

Try renaming the lights to Light1, Light2, Light3, Light4, etc in deconz and see if jowihue picks them up because they now have different names. Also I would upgrade deconz to latest. It may take jowihue a bit to see them and they may not appear to do anything in deconz but they eventually will. I would do one at a time renaming in deconz.

Comment

Looking at the image you posted there is something wrong in your deCONZ installation. All your lights are named Light 1, that is not supposed to happen. deCONZ normally nems them with the number used in the REST api identification. They are all now named Light 1, which should be all different numbers.
          I am sure that this also the reason that also Phoscon is showing the wrong results.

I don't know if it will work 100% as the ConBee is havng a habit of storing some of the config on the firmware area, but I think the best option is to completely remove the deCONZ installation (make sure all files are removed), reboot the machin and reinstall the deCONZ software. DO NOT ADD LIGHTS YET!
          Then remove the bridge and light devices from Homeseer with the plugin disabled. Once all devices are removed,
          Start the plugin and connect it to the ConBee again.
          After this is one, add one light (only one!) to the ConBee and wait until the light is added as devices in HomeSeer. Then add a new light and check if the name changes in deCONZ?

I hope this will correct this issue which seem to be in deCONZ?
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

After three (or is it four?) attempts and many hours spread over several weeks following advice from w.vuyk I'm sure that it does not help. This is what I do - and the result;
            1. completely remove the deCONZ installation
              1. Deinstall deCONZ
              2. make sure all files are removed - search for and erase all files on C: with name containg "deCONZ"
              3. reboot the machine
            2. Disconnect power from all Zigbee devices (i.e. unplug Trådfri devices)
            3. reinstall the deCONZ software.
            4. Disable JowiHue plugin
            5. Remove the bridge and light devices from Homeseer.
            6. Connect JowiHue to the ConBee again.
              1. Start the plugin, wait until JowiHue config is visable in menu
              2. Start deCONZ (only Coordinator, i.e. Conbee should be visible)
              3. Open Phoscon App and enter a new password (keep gw name)
              4. Settings - Gateway - Advanced
              5. Click "Authenticate App"
              6. In JowiHue plugin - "Start scan". In HS log: "Pressed button for immediate scan for bridges - scanning started" (Wait a few seconds)
              7. In JowiHue plugin - "Register Bridge".
              8. In HS log:
            "Registration of bridge was succesfull" and then "
            sep-28 13:27:27 JowiHue Warning: Bridge registered, device already present - updating device
            sep-28 13:27:20 JowiHue Refresh bridge deCONZ-GW set to 30 seconds after establishing direct connection
            sep-28 13:27:19 JowiHue socket opened for deCONZ-GW on 192.168.2.104:8088
            1. Add one light (only one!) to the ConBee and wait until the light is added as devices in HomeSeer.
            2. Four devices are now present in HS;Click image for larger version

Name:	HS devices.png
Views:	340
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	1250109
            3. Then add a new light and check if the name changes in deCONZ
            Click image for larger version

Name:	deCONZ devices2.png
Views:	392
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	1250110
            (No more devices added in HS after waiting 50 minutes.)

And BTW - it is not possible to manually rename Trådfri devices via deCONZ. The name does not "stick".

Please advice!

Regards
            Fredrik (that´s by now is a little bit frustrated...)

Comment

I really do not understand why deCONZ is naming them all Light 1....
              Could you try to rename the light in Phoscon(press the small pencil in de details of a light)? I tried renaming a sensor here earlier in deCONZ and indeed it seems not to work, will report that as issue on the github, but renaming in Phoscon works.

I expect that if you rename the first light 1 in Phoscon to any other name, you will see a second light appear in Phoscon, being the second Light 1. You should also see the change happening in deCONZ.
              Both Phoscon and the plugin see all lights with the same name, so I think both are interpreting this as only one light. After renaming them in Phoscon i hope this can be resolved?

During the rename - if happens what I am hoping, you should also see new lights appear in HS.

Wim
              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

It is indeed possible to rename in Phoscon and the new name will show up in deCONZ. But is does not make any change to JowiHue devices - at least not within some minutes.

Another strange thing, given the fact that I havde had all sorts of problems I wanted to update the firmware as it seems to be available;
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Phoscon and proposed firmware.PNG
Views:	341
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	1250154

Clicking the link gives message: "Upgrade is running. Please wait..." shortly followed by "A new firmware version is available". No upgrade is made! Would feel a lot better knowing that the latest firmware is in place...

Fredrik

Comment

When you renamed the device in phoscon, did an extra device appear in Phoscon too? As this is what I was hoping for.... If it did, try a restart of the plugin, so it might see the change forcefully.

By the way, your deCONZ version is quite old, 2.05.39 is already available. Are you using the ConBee on windows? Then check here: https://dresden-elektronik.de/deconz/win/
                  The firmware upgrade to 261F0500 was problematic on ConBee, the new version should be easier
                  -- Wim

Comment

Nope, in Phoscon I have only one device. When I check now it is not even named with the new name - only one lamp with name Laight 1 is visible while in deCONZ there are two, Light 1 and the renamed one.

How do I install from a firmware file - is it just to execute the file in Windows?

Comment

You better upgrade the deCONZ installation with the link I send you and after that try to install the new firmware through Phoscon from there
                      -- Wim

Comment

Ok, I think I understand. Firmware and deCONZ application is bundled in one installation file. So, I upgraded and guess I need to go through the full routine again. It's late now in Sweden and it will have to wait until tomorrow- thanks for now!

Fredrik

Comment

Why need to go through the full routine? The upgrade should leave everything as it is? Or did you now loose all devices again? That would really point to a major issue with deCONZ I guess?
                          -- Wim

Comment

All devices are still present after the upgrade.But it looks strange in Phoscon - I can only rename the one and only device present (or at least visible) there. I thought doing the full routine was the only way to enforce correct naming so that Phoscon (and JowiHue) can pick upp new devices. If you have another idea I'm more than willing to try!

Comment

Fredrik,

I think the plugin and Phoscon are working properly, but somehow the Conbee stick seems to have a real issue. The challenge is that for some reason deCONZ is storing some information on the stick. I think the advantage is that if you move the conbee to a different machine, you still have all the devices available, although not with the original name and groups. And for some weird reason this information is wrong in your situation.

I am not sure if I can help you out with this or if it might be better for you to go to the github and post some of the images of deCONZ there and see if they come up with a solution. The root of this issue seem to be deCONZ.

One thing worth testing is removing one bulb from deCONZ... it might take some effort for you to do this though.

You said earlier you have IKEA bulbs, are they all IKEA? In that case try the following:

Determine in deCONZ, which device corresponds to a physical bulb. Easiest way to do this I think is removing power from all bulbs, but one.
                              Then while looking at deCONZ, shortly remove power from the last bulb and bring power back on. You will see a dot blinking on one of the devices.n That is the device and bulb combination you will control from now on.

Do NOT bring power back to the other bulbs during this whole process!!

Then reset the IKEA bulb, by switching power off and on 6 times. At the sixth time you should see the bulb blink once to confirm it has been reset.
                              In deCONZ, select the device and press the delete button. Restart deCONZ after that.

Then, with the plugins'configuration page, press scan devices (or use phoscon if you prefer that). After pressing the scan button, you might have to power cycle the bulb once more as the bulb will only search for a new network for a certain period.

At this point I hope deCONZ will find the light and also use a different name? If this is the case you should also see it appear in Phoscon and the plugin subsequently. In that case, this could be the process to follow to correct the other lights too.

If it does not work, we will have to take this to the developers at dresden github as I am out of options here.....

-- Wim

Comment

Working...
                              X