Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to setDeviceString() on Hue bridge device (can this be added, please?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to setDeviceString() on Hue bridge device (can this be added, please?)

I just noticed the "Use a device for notifying bridge updates" option, so turned it on.

Rather than add yet another row to my ever-increasing list of devices, I wanted to hide if from view and trigger a script on any change that would update the device string of the main Hue device, setup by your plugin.

If the Hue BridgeUpdate device's value is 1, I tried using,
    Code:
        Dim hueDevice As Integer = 21 '* ref of my Hue device
        Dim hueStatus As String = hs.CapiGetStatus(hueDevice).Status '* grabs "Online" or "Offline" from Hue device status

hs.SetDeviceString(21, hueStatus + "<div class='hue-update-availability'>Update Available</div>", true)

'* And I also tried:
        hs.SetDeviceStringByName("Networking Hue2.0", hueStatus + "<div class='hue-update-availability'>Update Available</div>", true)
    If that worked, it would change the Hue device from this:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 9.55.05 PM.png Views:	1 Size:	16.5 KB ID:	1245113

To this: (I added styling to Custom.css to handle alignment, size & color of the <div> in the string)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 10.05.03 PM.png Views:	1 Size:	17.2 KB ID:	1245114

But I am not able to update the string for that device. I am able to update the device string for many of my other devices, including the new device your plugin just created for "Hue BridgeUpdate", but not my original Hue device. I don't get an error. It just doesn't update the string

Can you please allow the setting of the Hue Bridge device string or let me know if there is another way to set the string via VBScript?

Thank you!
    -=Randy
    Last edited by RandyInLA; September 2nd, 2018, 12:46 AM.

Randy,

I have been testing here too and am surprised that the string for the bridge device cannot be changed. The plugin is not setting any special values for the bridge so it should respond like any other device as far I know. Don't know why this happens, but will look into it when I have some time. I like the way you handle this Lookin good

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
    650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

That'd be great! Thanks for looking into it. Not that I need these two for anything, but Status Only Device: & Is Dimmable: are also disabled on the device's Configuration page. Maybe a clue to the locked String attribute?

Comment

Working...
      X