Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reports a different serial number than expected

Hi,

Last year I upgraded one of my bridges from the old round to the new square ones. I get an error on every startup saying "Error: (CompleteBridgeConfig):Bridge on IP IP reports a different serial than expected: Device (OldSerial) Bridge response: (NewSerial)

This is followed by a log line saying this will be corrected on the next restart, but its' been a year and lots of restarts and still shows up. Is there some way I can manually update the serial number?

Thanks
    Bill

Bill,

Sorry for the late answer. the bridge upgrade has always been difficult somehow for the plugin. Testing of the change was hardly possible as Philips would not allow you going back to the old situation (Gen1) bridges to repeat the steps. So that is why it is not 100% reliable.

The easiest step to solve it is to stop the plugin. Make sure the Gen1 bridge is not active and delete the bridge device (all if the gen1 device is also still available in HS)
    No need to remove the light or motion devices!! those are used in events, so keep them all.

Than restart the plugin. The plugin will discover it is missing the bridge device and recreate it, now with the correct serial.

Let me know if this works for you? If not we have another possible step.

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thanks, Ill try that this weekend when Im there (just in case) and report back.

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
        Bill,

Sorry for the late answer. the bridge upgrade has always been difficult somehow for the plugin. Testing of the change was hardly possible as Philips would not allow you going back to the old situation (Gen1) bridges to repeat the steps. So that is why it is not 100% reliable.

The easiest step to solve it is to stop the plugin. Make sure the Gen1 bridge is not active and delete the bridge device (all if the gen1 device is also still available in HS)
        No need to remove the light or motion devices!! those are used in events, so keep them all.

Than restart the plugin. The plugin will discover it is missing the bridge device and recreate it, now with the correct serial.

Let me know if this works for you? If not we have another possible step.

Thanks,

Wim
        "The easiest step to solve it is to stop the plugin. Make sure the Gen1 bridge is not active and delete the bridge device (all if the gen1 device is also still available in HS)"

Ugh, this DESTROYED my configuration. Your plugin then recreated ALL OF MY DEVICES (hundreds of them) and leaving the previous devices as 'unreachable' All events now have to be updated. Not an enjoyable experience, there HAS to be an easier way to edit the hub serial number then starting over.

Comment

Sorry to hear this happening, I was not expecting this....

Do you still have a backup of the old HS database? It might be better to restore it to the old situation.
          I wonder why the plugin is recreating devices as it should not do this..... If you can restore it, I would like to see what is available on your bridge maintenance list?

Did the bridge error come back also, or did you not see this afterwards?

-- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
            Sorry to hear this happening, I was not expecting this....

Do you still have a backup of the old HS database? It might be better to restore it to the old situation.
            I wonder why the plugin is recreating devices as it should not do this..... If you can restore it, I would like to see what is available on your bridge maintenance list?

Did the bridge error come back also, or did you not see this afterwards?
            I don't have a backup I can go to due to other system changes. The bridge error did not come back, so that definitely worked. However the newly created devices do not work, so I am very stuck. Not sure how to fix them (posted info on that in the other thread).

Comment

Working...
            X