Smartenit ZBMLC30 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smartenit ZBMLC30 ??

Presently this device shows up as I light and I can turn it on and off remotely and it appears to report locally. I believe this device can / does report energy , maybe I just installed it incorrectly,, I'm surprised it shows up as a light and not a plug.. Anyway is there a way for me to be able to get the information that is required to get this device supported ?? TIA

Any plug device will show up as a light in deCONZ. I would rather have seen it differently, but that is how deCONZ has implemented it. I think this is a cool device for pools

To get full support for it, I am afraid you have to be at the github for deCONZ and post the right images of details. I noticed you already posted a request for smarteinit devices. Check out this post and add the info to your request. Once you do this they will be responding quite soon normally.

Once deCONZ has added the support, I will need to adjust the plugin for adding the report of energy. This might need some extra work as it is a dual power device I think? Not sure is that work out of the box yet, but we can see when we progress on this.

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Yet there does seem to be something odd with the device,, It appears to have an extra relay connected to one hot ,, yet no neutral in the unit at all , it seems to be independent of the two replays used for the 220 volts. Lastly it appears to only do current off one side of the hots and that hot line appears to go to the extra relay , so most likely one can monitor two different loads... Maybe I should read it's pfd !!! TIA

Comment

Yes it appears to be able to do two loads..

Comment

I'm not trying to get in on Wim's ZigBee action. However I have been speaking with SmartenIT and investigating an integration if you're interested.

Comment

Odd question: integration into what ?? Using what interface ??

Comment

Originally posted by dem5867 View Post
              Odd question: integration into what ?? Using what interface ??
              Making a plugin to integrate a SmartenIt system with HomeSeer. Besides their normal hardware controllers you can also purchase their USB stick and make a SmartenIt controller from a Raspberry Pi as well. Just like with DeConz.

BTW I did see your request on the DeConz github. I hope you get a better response than I did for a motion sensor. Nada....

Comment

"I hope you get a better response than I did for a motion sensor"

Is that the NYCE motion detector ??

It be nice to see Mark do something with the Smartenit 5010N ZBPLM - ZigBee/INSTEON/X10 Interface since he already has Insteon and X10 PLC working great..

The DeConz interface is working well ,, yet if not for one HUE bulb that matches two dimmable white insteon controlled leds all on the front of the house (WAF effect.) {They maybe Philips.. } I would likely be using the Logitech add on hub for Zigbee it worked with the NYCE tilt sensor (Quick also.) which at the time (I beleave it still is..) the best (Smallest) for mailbox detection,, the smartthings hub most times was to slow to catch the MB door...
                ​​​​​​​

Comment

Yeah the NYCE Motion sensor which is not an unusual request has just been mostly ignored.

Everything with SmartThings is slow

Being able to use ZigBee devices (primarily sensors) was the reason I wrote the Vera plugin. To use ZigBee sensors with Vera. I don't know, haven't tried if those SmartenIt modules work with Vera or not. I don't have any so I've never tried.

Comment

dem5867

I see manup has responded to your post with images. Normally it should not take much time after that before they release an updae for the devices. I already have energy devices for other plugs, like aqara, Heiman and OSRAM/Lightify. Although the last one has an issue with reporting power usage as it is always reporting 40 Watts.

So the plugin should be prepared for the most of it, with the speciality that this one could need a dual reporting device. Once they have added the support, I will need a extract from your bridge to be sure I get everything right - or maybe they will document it in the thread on github...

I see bdickhaus has tried bumping the thread on the NYCE motion thread with the needed images for the details. It might be good to bump it again, while adressing @manup in the bump, so it will be in his attention list?

Thanks,

Wim
                    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

I'll bump the thread again. It's just been months of nothing which was leading down the road and speaking with SmartenIT to get broader ZigBee support of more US devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post
                        It's just been months of nothing which was leading down the road and speaking with SmartenIT to get broader ZigBee support of more US devices.
                        If devices are supporting HA 1.2 and/or Zigbee 3 there are no protocol differences between US or EU devices. Both can be supported by deCONZ and this plugin, eventually after an extra update.
                        It will always be possible that a manufacturer is adding brand specific functions, but those probably will not follow the official specifications. Like Philips Hue is now doing with the Hue Entertainment functions. These differences cannot be supported by the plugin, in that case indeed a different plugin might be needed to add support for those extra's.

-- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post

If devices are supporting HA 1.2 and/or Zigbee 3 there are no protocol differences between US or EU devices. Both can be supported by deCONZ and this plugin, eventually after an extra update.
                          It will always be possible that a manufacturer is adding brand specific functions, but those probably will not follow the official specifications. Like Philips Hue is now doing with the Hue Entertainment functions. These differences cannot be supported by the plugin, in that case indeed a different plugin might be needed to add support for those extra's.
                          It's not the protocol as you have said there are no differences in protocol. It's the clusters and capabilities that differ by manufacturer and by region (it seems). A motion sensor is a motion sensor right? It is normally but not in the Zigbee world as a Xiaomi sensor works but an NYCE doesn't? I'm learning more and more about Zigbee though. I saw your reply about the documentation. I saw a thread of manu commenting about not enough people helping. I think the reason for that is there's no documentation for any to be able to help.

Comment

As I stated before ZIGBEE is an industrial goof,, that when industry didn't want anything to do with it they pushed it on us via the HA market. Hubless WIFI be taking over , a good thing ,,, maybe ! The good cost , with time it should become plug and play {Most people are clueless about HA...}, the products,, there is already more and different items than all other interfaces combined. The bad the 2.4ghz band ,,, can you say crowded ! ,, software {All ways a problem, yet no where's the power of HS3 is SmartLife they appear to support most things WIFI.}, lastly instant gratification, I see it it more and more especially in our youth,, most of us are here because we want this to work with that the way we want it to !! If something don't work we do are best to figure it out, troubleshoot, get answers,, today people want to bring it home and have it work the way they envisioned,, if it don't, it gets trashed and on to the next device they envisioned will do what they want.. --- My thoughts...

Standards nobody follows the standards ,, if they did, X would work with Y and Z,,, right !! The real world ,, ZIGBEE should be called the standard of standards ,, how many ZXXs are there ?? And then there's IRIS , HUE and many others that made there "own ZIGBEE STANDARD".. Z-wave isn't much better... Even X10 had variants , Smartlinc , Leverton and others..

Comment

Working...
                            X