Error: (SetDeviceByUserRequest)::SDBUR light off transition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error: (SetDeviceByUserRequest)::SDBUR light off transition

So I deleted my hub as you asked in the other thread, that resulted in my entire configuration being destroyed. The plugin recreated new HS devices for all the existing ones. The new ones are showing state correctly, so I deleted the old ones which were showing 'not connected'. However the new devices can not seem to control the actual lights, I get:

Error: (SetDeviceByUserRequest)::SDBUR light off transition -----Object reference not set to an instance of an object

So I am now stuck with a completely broken system, hundreds of useless devices, dozens of broken events because the hub serial number was wrong.
    Last edited by bsobel; September 24, 2018, 02:55 PM.

So I'm testing with some lights trying to understand this better, only the 'Off' command seems to generate the log entry, but the device isn't responding to On or the other as well, but no errors in the log in those cases. E.g. I see in the log when setting the slider very low: Device: Main House Kitchen Kitchen Sink Accent to (value) (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler but no SDBUR error. However no change to the light occurs.

Also the devices are missing their JowiHue tab:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 12.49.16 PM.png
Views:	66
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	1249285

Comment

I am now seeing that Jowihu recreated all my devices a 3rd time. The new devices are controllable, but I have no confidence this won't just happen again a 4th time. So I will delete all the Jowihue devices and try letting the system fully start over.

Comment

Bsobel,

Do you have a backup of the homeseer database before you removed the bridge device? Was it one or two devices you had to remove?

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
          Bsobel,

Do you have a backup of the homeseer database before you removed the bridge device? Was it one or two devices you had to remove?

Wim
          Yes, but not one I can restore due to other system changes. I removed just the bridge device as you asked, I did not remove the bridge notification of updates devices. System came back up and recreated all devices. Just found it did it a second time. I just delete EVERY Jowihue device and am rebuilding my events, I'll see if it occurs again.

Comment

Ok, the plugin is confusing Groups with Lights. I have a Group called Living Room 3 and a Light Called Living Room 3, the system is very confused by this... This seems new, I don't remember these errors before.

JowiHue Pleas rename or remove one of these devices
            Sep-24 1:10:50 PM JowiHue duplicate key!!! JowiHue Main House Living Room 3 at refs 663 and 460
            Sep-24 1:10:50 PM JowiHue Pleas rename or remove one of these devices
            Sep-24 1:10:50 PM JowiHue duplicate key!!! JowiHue Main House Living Room 2 at refs 659 and 456
            Sep-24 1:10:50 PM JowiHue Pleas rename or remove one of these devices
            Sep-24 1:10:50 PM JowiHue duplicate key!!! JowiHue Main House Living Room 1 at refs 655 and 452
            Sep-24 1:10:46 PM JowiHue Pleas rename or remove one of these devices
            Sep-24 1:10:46 PM JowiHue duplicate key!!! JowiHue Main House Living Room 3 at refs 663 and 460
            Sep-24 1:10:46 PM Z-Wave Device: Race Garage Bay 1 kW Hours 2 Set to 121.647 (121.647 kW Hours)
            Sep-24 1:10:46 PM JowiHue duplicate key!!! JowiHue Main House Living Room 2 at refs 659 and 456
            Sep-24 1:10:46 PM JowiHue duplicate key!!! JowiHue Main House Living Room 1 at refs 655 and 452

Comment

Are you on a deCONZ interface then? that is the only part where this can happen. But you can remove the groups for now on the bridge maintenance page, open the groups tab and remove the doubles there, this will remove groups only, both from the bridge and devices. But groups are not made up by the plugin... they come from the bridge, I wonder how these got created?

Wim
              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

No, on a Hue HubV2. And the groups are valid and in use, the error is you are using apparently the string name of the item as a dictionary key and not considering that both a light and a group can have the same name... For now I renamed the groups to include the word 'Group' in the name, so that should differentiate them. Internally you probably need to appoint a light or group prefix/suffix to names to avoid this case (or use two dictionaries depending on device light/gorup)

Comment

Ok after recreating all devices and renaming the groups, now getting this (minor) error in the logs. Turning the setting on/off seems to have created the missing device. Just an FYI in case you want to automate this error case.
                  Sep-24 2:04:36 PM JowiHue Error: (CheckBridgeUpdate)::Object reference not set to an instance of an object
                  Sep-24 2:04:36 PM JowiHue Error: (CheckBridgeUpdate)::CheckBridgeUpdate Version 1.24.0
                  Sep-24 2:04:36 PM JowiHue Error: (CheckBridgeUpdate)::Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Comment

I was wrong. Turning the setting on/off did create the device, but the error continues. Suggestion on how to fix this?
                    JowiHue Error: (CheckBridgeUpdate)::Object reference not set to an instance of an object
                    Sep-24 3:04:36 PM JowiHue Error: (CheckBridgeUpdate)::CheckBridgeUpdate Version 1.24.0
                    Sep-24 3:04:36 PM JowiHue Error: (CheckBridgeUpdate)::Object reference not set to an instance of an object
                    Sep-24 2:04:36 PM JowiHue Error: (CheckBridgeUpdate)::CheckBridgeUpdate Version 1.24.0

Comment

After another restart this resolved itself, I guess I didn't wait long enough. The system seems back to normal now! I do need to upgrade some other hubs (there are 4 at this house), could you add a simple way to modify the serial number, even if its an edit control on the devices config page?

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post
                        After another restart this resolved itself, I guess I didn't wait long enough. The system seems back to normal now! I do need to upgrade some other hubs (there are 4 at this house), could you add a simple way to modify the serial number, even if its an edit control on the devices config page?
                        We could try, but as I told in my first reply in the original thread, it will be trial on error. Problem is that there is no way of testing as the upgrade is a one time step.
                        A possibility is performing the following step (but make a backup!)

1. Disable the plugin
                        2. Perform the Philips bridge upgrade
                        3. Make sure the Gen 1 bridge is switched off AND disconnected from the network
                        4. Make sure the latest version of the plugin ins installed (and still inactive!)
                        5. Remove the bridge device (leave the other devices as they are)
                        6. Restart the new Philips bridge once more
                        7. Edit the JowiHue data base, removing the upgrded bridge (if you do not know how to do that, send me the database)
                        8. Start the plugin and reregister the bridge
                        9. Lights are already present, the plugin should recognise this

This should reinit the bridge information....

If you need to send the database send it to w dot vuyk at upcmail dot nl... be aware we are in a different timezone.... you might need to do this early, so I can reply before dark for you

Last edited by w.vuyk; September 25, 2018, 05:24 AM.
                        -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                        X