Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gateway Choosing the Right One

Hello

i think I am primarily going to use hue devices. But I do like the idea of having more varied devices in the future. My question is if I buy a conbee from amazon (UK) - and add Philips devices. Can I still download the Philips app and control lights that way and same with controlling through Alexa? Or would in need the hue bridge for this.

Thanks
    chris

Originally posted by smokeycoles View Post
    Hello

i think I am primarily going to use hue devices. But I do like the idea of having more varied devices in the future. My question is if I buy a conbee from amazon (UK) - and add Philips devices. Can I still download the Philips app and control lights that way and same with controlling through Alexa? Or would in need the hue bridge for this.

Thanks
    chris
    I use the hue bridge with jowihue and works great for hue devices. I think you can still use routines to control them from the app also. Conbee would be needed if you, as you said, add other zigbee devices.

Comment

Originally posted by smokeycoles View Post
      Hello

Thanks
      chris
      Chris,

I know the deCONZ gateway shows up the the Philips App and you basically can control lights with it. But I never tested it to the max, like configuring motion sensors etc... I am not using the Philips app for daily use at all anymore here, it is now all controlled with HS3 and this plugin
      Alexa controlling the deCONZ gatewayis not working as far I know, but people use alexa to control HS3 and with that also this plugin.

-- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
      650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
      X