GE Appliance Control Zigbee Switch Pairing - 45853GE is the part number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GE Appliance Control Zigbee Switch Pairing - 45853GE is the part number

Update 10/20/18: I have the the GE Appliance control (45853GE) and the GE Smart Dimmer Switch (45857GE) working now. I submitted GitHub Issues 868, 891, and 1058 for the GE Appliance control, Smart Dimmer Switch and Smart Switch. The devices work now, but support will enable more features.

Has anyone paired the GE Appliance Control Switch with jowihue on HS3Pro? I registered the conbee (latest firmware), put the GE Appliance Control into pairing mode (immediately after a reset), then used the jowihue config page to "scan new devices."

I also reset the GE Appliance Control and used the deconz web app to "open the network," then "scan for devices."

Neither scan recognized the GE Appliance Control.

Has anyone tried the GE Zigbee Smart Dimmer Switch (45857GE)? Both the appliance control and smart dimmer are HA 1.2 zigbee.

Wayne
    Last edited by wayneflo; October 21, 2018, 02:23 AM.

Wayne

Did you see the appliance appear in the deCONZ inteface? Probably with an 0xnnnnn naming? I am guessing you should see it as it is a HA 1.2 compatible device. It would mean the device should appear in the deCONZ interface.
    But I doubt it will appear in the REST API as I cannot find mention yet of it on the github, If it apears in deCONZ, check this page: https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...Device-Support to find out what the developrst need from deCONZ to enable the devices for the REST api and request for support with the correct images at the github page for deCONZ: https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...z-rest-plugin/

Let me know when you posted the request, so we both can monitor the request. Once the REST API is updated, I can check if the plugin needs an update, or if the plugin already supports it as is.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      Wayne

Let me know when you posted the request, so we both can monitor the request. Once the REST API is updated, I can check if the plugin needs an update, or if the plugin already supports it as is.

Wim
      I just submitted the issue, asking for support for the GE appliance control (45853GE) and the smart dimmer (45857GE). It is Github issue #868.
      https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...gin/issues/868

It did not show up on deconz, and it is not listed at all on the supported or non-supported device lists. So, I was unable to provide the images they suggest.

I have a house full of the zwave versions of the GE devices. They are excellent.

Thanks very much for your reply,
      Wayne
      Last edited by wayneflo; October 15, 2018, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Wayne,

That will be a challenge as deCONZ should "see" any Zigbee3 HS 1.2 device, even if it is unknown. Phoscon and the JowiHue pugin need the support of the device by the REST API. As you could have seen in the first link I posted for device support, they will need the images of deCONZ to implement support. If that is not there, chances are they cannot support it. We will wait and see.....
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Wayne,

That will be a challenge as deCONZ should "see" any Zigbee3 HS 1.2 device, even if it is unknown. .....
          Perhaps there is something else wrong for me. This is the first time I've worked with deconz. I'll investigate my configuration further.

I was able to get the switch to show up on deconz briefly. I added the "node info" panel to github issue #868. I did not get the cluster info, and I can't get the switch to show up on deconz again.

I set the conbee up as a coordinator, though I also have a fully functioning Hue Bridge with several Hue bulbs in my Zigbee network. Deconz does not list the Hue bridge or bulbs either.

Both the appliance control and smart dimmer are HA 1.2 zigbee.

Wayne
          Last edited by wayneflo; October 16, 2018, 02:03 PM.

Comment

ZigBee devices will join only one network, either Hue bridge network or deCONZ network, you will not see the other network from the other. So from deCONZ you will not see the Hue bridge as part of the network, both networks are seperated. If you want to control Hue lights from deCONZ, you need to reset them and let them then join the deCONZ network.

If the switch was shortly visible in the deCONZ network there might be some tricks you need to try. Each brand has their own twerks to get it to join. Main thing to start over is to reset the device and then delete the entry in deCONZ. Then let it discover again and make sure the device stays alive, by triggering (switch on/off, create movement etc)

For the appliance device I found the following steps to reset and rejoin a network: (originally written for Smarthings, but it works the same for deCONZ)
            To reset the GE Plug-In Smart Switch

If the GE Plug-In Smart Switch was not discovered, you may need to reset the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub(read deCONZ). To do this:
            1. Unplug the switch.
            2. Put the deCONZ in pairing mode by selecting discover devices in either JowiHue or Phoscon. (can also be done after step 6!)
            3. Hold down the button on the front of the switch (no longer than 4 seconds--if held for more than 4 seconds, the dimmer will fail to reset).
            4. While holding the button, plug in the switch.
            5. Release the button immediately.
            6. The button should begin blinking, showing the device is ready to pair with a network.
            From here you should see the device appear in deCONZ, use the switch a few time, you should see a simultatious dot blinking on the deCONZ device... if it does, it is reading the information from the device. The basic cluster will show once all info is processed. This basic cluster info should then be added to the github site, so they can proceed..
            -- Wim

Comment

If the switch was shortly visible in the deCONZ network there might be some tricks you need to try. Each brand has their own twerks to get it to join. Main thing to start over is to reset the device and then delete the entry in deCONZ. Then let it discover again and make sure the device stays alive, by triggering (switch on/off, create movement etc)
              Osram Smart+ plug also did not work. I did a few things, uninstall deconz, re-install the latest beta, upgrade conbee firmware, power off hue bridge, shut down HomeSeer, put conbee on usb extender cable to move it 6 feet away from computer chassis.

Not sure what the magic was, but the GE Appliance control (45853GE) and the GE Smart Dimmer Switch (45857GE), and the Osram Smart+ all work now. I'll need to go through the clusters to make sure all features are available, but, Yea!

I haven't tried it with jowiehue yet.
              Last edited by wayneflo; October 20, 2018, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Wayne

Wim
                I added all the suggested screen shots for the github device support requests. I have not imported the devices into JowiHue, but I have no reason to expect a problem. I am very satisfied with both devices so far.

GE Appliance control (45853GE): Issue 868 - https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...gin/issues/868
                GE Smart Dimmer Switch (45857GE): Issue 891 - https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...gin/issues/891

Wayne

Comment

Wayne, that sounds hopefull, I have the impression that the developers of deCONZ are grouping thier device integration requests. Maybe they will do these in one large block? We''ll wait and see.

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

Maybe they will do these in one large block? Wim
                    They replied immediately, on the weekend. They looked at both devices, said they are very similar and can share most of the code.

Wayne

Comment

I submitted GitHub Issues 868, 891, and 1058 for the GE Appliance control, Smart Dimmer Switch and Smart Switch. The devices work now, but support will enable more features.

Comment

Wayne,

Are they already present in the plugin/HS (rest API) now? in that case, could you post the JowiHue tab of the properties of the device(s)? Or at least the hson part on the bottom part of the page. I can then make it know in preperation of more features.

Thanks,
                        Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                        X