Xiaomi vibration sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
    I just received another care package of sensors and switches from Xiaomi. However, I'm having trouble using .54 of deConz. As soon as I hold the small button for 5 seconds, deConz crashes, then comes right back. The sensor added, however, it does not show in JH HS3. Should I go back to .52 and try again?

Why wait, I went back to .52 and the sensor appeared as a switch with a battery child. I get reports of shaked, tilted, dropped. I see a sensitivity setting of 0-21. Anyone have any luck with this? I don't see anywhere to put low, medium, high sensitivity.
    The high sensitity is set when you sent the sensitivity to 1, low is 21. At the high sensitivity setiting the device is responding to my dryer running. Which was a surprise to me :-)
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

1, not 0? Just confirming. Too bad it doesn't go back to a "no motion" state after a period of time. If it picks up when the dryer starts how will it pick up when the dryer stops? When X time has elapsed since the last update?

I might be better off using the temp sensor checking the temperature of the exhaust vent. That updates quite often.

Comment

Not 100% sure if 0 is possible to be honest. I have set 0 just now. Be aware that the change you make to a Xiaomi sensor can take 1 hour before it is effective.

And there is indeed no 'resting'or no motion level reported for this device. "has been in state for at least" would indeed be the only way to discover the dryer is finished.
        My dryer has no exhaust vent, otherwise I might copy that idea :-)
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

My dryer has no exhaust vent, otherwise I might copy that idea :-)
          It works perfectly! Being ventless, there must be somewhere on the back of the dryer that gets warmer than usual.
          Here's screenshot of dryer coming on for a few minutes, then cooling down. It's just a matter of setting the temperature that signifies OFF.

Since my vent sits almost on the floor and goes through the floor you can see the temp drop as the night wears on and the heat is set low.

Unfortunately my wife says if I have that much interest in it, then it should text my phone, not hers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 01-11-19 at 04.39 PM.PNG
Views:	151
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	1275055

Comment

Unfortunately my wife says if I have that much interest in it, then it should text my phone, not hers.
            HA! And here for all these years I thought my wife was an only child. But nope! She's got a twin out there!

--Barry

Comment

She wants you to empty the dryer then really
              -- Wim

Comment

Would it be possible to add a value '' no event '' to the sensor in this plugin?

Let's say... if after 30 sec there's no new event set the sensors to no event.

I kknow it could be done with events... but it would be pratical to get it from the plugin. ( or deconz)

Comment

Matthieu,

The plugin always follows the status of a devcie as reported by deCONZ. II am sure deCONZ is doing the same, it follows the statusses reported by the zigbee devices.
                  I am also pretty sure that per type of movement you are checking a different timeout applies (a dryer of Brand X has to show no changes for 2 minutes to be sure the dryer is done, another Brand Y machine might need 4 minbutes... etc)

So I do not think this can be done reliable by the plugin.

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

Is JowiHue seeing the sensor as a ZHASwitch or ZHAVibration? Seems they initially added it as a switch, but recently moved to exposing it as a “vibration”-device. The switch-device is kept for backward compatibility (for now).

See: https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...ment-471196688

Comment

Yes that would nee to be added to Jowihue. Wim was in holiday last 3 weeks.

Comment

If you added the sensors two weeks ago, they will be known as ZHASwitch and will function normally with the plugin. If you did a rescan or a re-add, they will be known as ZHAVibration and are not yet functioning with the plugin as this needs to be added as new type to the plugin. This will be done in the new version of the plugin... no estimate yet
                        -- Wim

Comment

Good thanks

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                            If you added the sensors two weeks ago, they will be known as ZHASwitch and will function normally with the plugin. If you did a rescan or a re-add, they will be known as ZHAVibration and are not yet functioning with the plugin as this needs to be added as new type to the plugin. This will be done in the new version of the plugin... no estimate yet
                            Got my sensor in the mail today. added it to deconz and the “ZHASwitch”-device was still created (running latest deconz, .60).

Any estimates on the ZHAVibration implementation in JowiHue? I think that will work better than the current ZHASwitch to detect when my washer is finished.

Comment

My dryer reporting is working reasonably well with the temp sensor attached to the dryer hose. However, the vibration sensor on the washing machine is quirky. I was on holiday and it showed shaked when no one was home, house completely silent.

I don't see how this could work without a "no movement" signal. Otherwise, one would have to write a script to check time last shaked and that just becomes a chore.

Comment

I don't see how this could work without a "no movement" signal. Otherwise, one would have to write a script to check time last shaked and that just becomes a chore.
                                I'm planning on just doing a “has been shaken for exactly X mins”. So if the last “shake” happens 10 min before finished, I’ll just trigger the event like that with X=10 min. I might also add a counter, so that it has to be “shaken” at least 20 times in one hour for that other event to trigger.

Just mounted mine yesterday, have to run a couple of cycles to see how to solve it, but I don’t think it will be that hard.

Comment

Working...
                                X