No announcement yet.

Xiaomi vibration sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just mounted mine yesterday, have to run a couple of cycles to see how to solve it, but I don’t think it will be that hard.
    Keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by ZoRaC View Post

Got my sensor in the mail today. added it to deconz and the “ZHASwitch”-device was still created (running latest deconz, .60).

Any estimates on the ZHAVibration implementation in JowiHue? I think that will work better than the current ZHASwitch to detect when my washer is finished.
      No estimate yet at this point. It should not be hard to do, but am a bit busy here at the moment. It is high on the todo list
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
        1, not 0? Just confirming. Too bad it doesn't go back to a "no motion" state after a period of time. If it picks up when the dryer starts how will it pick up when the dryer stops? When X time has elapsed since the last update?

I might be better off using the temp sensor checking the temperature of the exhaust vent. That updates quite often.
        The sensor is not reporting a "no movement" status, so the plugin cannot not show this as a value. This is also because the sensor reports back once in a hour and then will send the last known status vadlue back again. So even emulating the status would cause other issues as well. I think the suggestion of ZoRaC might be the best (I am using the same here) "has been shaken" or (with Easytrigger) "has not changed in X minutes".

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Keep us posted.
          First test seems to be working great!

• set sensor sensitivity to 1
          • add a counter “washer shakes”
          • add a device “washer status” with values “quiet”, “washing” and “finished”
          • add an event that increments counter each time vibration sensor is set to “shaken”
          • when counter reaches 12, set status=washing
          • when vibration sensor has been “shaken” for 10 mins AND status=washing, set status=finished
          • when washer door opens or at 2am (to reset false vibrations that could gather up over a few days if the washer hasn’t been used), reset counter and set status=quiet

Comment

Sounds like you are doing nice checks here! You have two vibration sensors on the washer (also the door, or is this a different sensor?) ?
            Be aware though, I am here working on the latest updates on deCONZ vibration sensor, the "old" status, even the device will be orphaned when the new plugin update will come out. The changes on vibration sensor are very interesting, but it will leave me no choice other then to radically change the behaviour of the plugin.for vibration. One big change is that there wll be a "vibration" device that reports "movement" or "no movement", which will replace the current "shaken" status. Also new statusses will be shown on the position of the device as well the angle the device is in, With the curent state even a knock on the desk I a working on is enough to trigger the sensor in its high sensitivity setting. It is a lot better behaving then before now.

But this all will have to be on a new device group.

It should not be hard to replace your current event with the new device for movement I think though :-)

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

My dryer reporting is working reasonably well with the temp sensor attached to the dryer hose. However, the vibration sensor on the washing machine is quirky. I was on holiday and it showed shaked when no one was home, house completely silent.

I don't see how this could work without a "no movement" signal. Otherwise, one would have to write a script to check time last shaked and that just becomes a chore.
              I have to come back on this, with the latest update on deCONZ the "no movement" state will be reported and will be included with the plugin, so your wish will come true after all :-)
              -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by ZoRaC View Post

First test seems to be working great!

• set sensor sensitivity to 1
                • add a counter “washer shakes”
                • add a device “washer status” with values “quiet”, “washing” and “finished”
                • add an event that increments counter each time vibration sensor is set to “shaken”
                • when counter reaches 12, set status=washing
                • when vibration sensor has been “shaken” for 10 mins AND status=washing, set status=finished
                • when washer door opens or at 2am (to reset false vibrations that could gather up over a few days if the washer hasn’t been used), reset counter and set status=quiet
                you and you water machine are now a unique entity haha. You know it by heart :P

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                  Sounds like you are doing nice checks here! You have two vibration sensors on the washer (also the door, or is this a different sensor?) ?
                  Xiaomi door sensor attached to the door.

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                  One big change is that there wll be a "vibration" device that reports "movement" or "no movement", which will replace the current "shaken" status. Also new statusses will be shown on the position of the device as well the angle the device is in.
                  I believe there also is a “vibration strength” value in the REST API that returns a number that indicates the “strength” of the vibration? Will that be accessible in JowiHue as well? I think that might work even better for me.

Comment

The vibration stength will be available in the new device group. But do not keep your hopes up high on this one. In my test I dropped the device from high and strength changed to 65 after few seconds (longer then expected). After this test I twisted the sensor, laying on the desk. Strength changed to 135.... I do not see the logic there yet.

But while typing here on my desk, the movement stays true which is good, so I am guessing movement, tiltangle and position (battery up/reset button up/etc,etc ) will be my favorites.

-- Wim

Comment

I have submitted 2.0.3.2 just now to HST. This version is supporting the new implementation of the vibration sensor. The old version will no longer work, you can remove the devices on the manage devices page.
                      To enable the new vibration sensor implementation you have to use at least version 2.05.60 of the deCONZ. To find the latest version, go to https://www.dresden-elektronik.de/deconz

If you had a vibration sensor joined on an older version of deCONZ, go to the configuration page of deCONZ and start a new scan for devices. Then press the small button on the vibration sensor for 5 seconds (until the blue light starts blinking). This should add the new implementation in deCONZ as weel as the plugin.

You'll find lots of new details in the new devicegroup!

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

How long does HST need to put the new version in the updater? Taking forever...

Comment

We just have to wait I suppose....
                          -- Wim

Comment

Voila! 66 seconds after movement, it said no movement! I have mine positioned upside down attached to the washing machine body so I'm not expecting Orientation to change,
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 04-11-19 at 06.13 PM.PNG
Views:	305
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	1298534

Comment

So my question now is, after the sensor reverts to no movement, why doesn't the vibration strength return to 0?

Comment

is movement based on the other metrics? ex: if oldvalue != newvalue. If this is the case, that would be a mislabel.

Comment

Working...
                                X