X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZoRaC
    replied
    Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
    Sounds like you are doing nice checks here! You have two vibration sensors on the washer (also the door, or is this a different sensor?) ?
    Xiaomi door sensor attached to the door.

One big change is that there wll be a "vibration" device that reports "movement" or "no movement", which will replace the current "shaken" status. Also new statusses will be shown on the position of the device as well the angle the device is in.
    I believe there also is a “vibration strength” value in the REST API that returns a number that indicates the “strength” of the vibration? Will that be accessible in JowiHue as well? I think that might work even better for me.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by ZoRaC View Post

First test seems to be working great!

• set sensor sensitivity to 1
    • add a counter “washer shakes”
    • add a device “washer status” with values “quiet”, “washing” and “finished”
    • add an event that increments counter each time vibration sensor is set to “shaken”
    • when counter reaches 12, set status=washing
    • when vibration sensor has been “shaken” for 10 mins AND status=washing, set status=finished
    • when washer door opens or at 2am (to reset false vibrations that could gather up over a few days if the washer hasn’t been used), reset counter and set status=quiet
    you and you water machine are now a unique entity haha. You know it by heart :P

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    Originally posted by racerfern View Post
    My dryer reporting is working reasonably well with the temp sensor attached to the dryer hose. However, the vibration sensor on the washing machine is quirky. I was on holiday and it showed shaked when no one was home, house completely silent.

I don't see how this could work without a "no movement" signal. Otherwise, one would have to write a script to check time last shaked and that just becomes a chore.
    I have to come back on this, with the latest update on deCONZ the "no movement" state will be reported and will be included with the plugin, so your wish will come true after all :-)

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    Sounds like you are doing nice checks here! You have two vibration sensors on the washer (also the door, or is this a different sensor?) ?
    Be aware though, I am here working on the latest updates on deCONZ vibration sensor, the "old" status, even the device will be orphaned when the new plugin update will come out. The changes on vibration sensor are very interesting, but it will leave me no choice other then to radically change the behaviour of the plugin.for vibration. One big change is that there wll be a "vibration" device that reports "movement" or "no movement", which will replace the current "shaken" status. Also new statusses will be shown on the position of the device as well the angle the device is in, With the curent state even a knock on the desk I a working on is enough to trigger the sensor in its high sensitivity setting. It is a lot better behaving then before now.

But this all will have to be on a new device group.

It should not be hard to replace your current event with the new device for movement I think though :-)

Wim

Leave a comment:

• ZoRaC
    replied
    Keep us posted.
    First test seems to be working great!

• set sensor sensitivity to 1
    • add a counter “washer shakes”
    • add a device “washer status” with values “quiet”, “washing” and “finished”
    • add an event that increments counter each time vibration sensor is set to “shaken”
    • when counter reaches 12, set status=washing
    • when vibration sensor has been “shaken” for 10 mins AND status=washing, set status=finished
    • when washer door opens or at 2am (to reset false vibrations that could gather up over a few days if the washer hasn’t been used), reset counter and set status=quiet

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    1, not 0? Just confirming. Too bad it doesn't go back to a "no motion" state after a period of time. If it picks up when the dryer starts how will it pick up when the dryer stops? When X time has elapsed since the last update?

I might be better off using the temp sensor checking the temperature of the exhaust vent. That updates quite often.
    The sensor is not reporting a "no movement" status, so the plugin cannot not show this as a value. This is also because the sensor reports back once in a hour and then will send the last known status vadlue back again. So even emulating the status would cause other issues as well. I think the suggestion of ZoRaC might be the best (I am using the same here) "has been shaken" or (with Easytrigger) "has not changed in X minutes".

Wim

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    Originally posted by ZoRaC View Post

Got my sensor in the mail today. added it to deconz and the “ZHASwitch”-device was still created (running latest deconz, .60).

Any estimates on the ZHAVibration implementation in JowiHue? I think that will work better than the current ZHASwitch to detect when my washer is finished.
    No estimate yet at this point. It should not be hard to do, but am a bit busy here at the moment. It is high on the todo list

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    Just mounted mine yesterday, have to run a couple of cycles to see how to solve it, but I don’t think it will be that hard.
    Keep us posted.

Leave a comment:

• ZoRaC
    replied
    I don't see how this could work without a "no movement" signal. Otherwise, one would have to write a script to check time last shaked and that just becomes a chore.
    I'm planning on just doing a “has been shaken for exactly X mins”. So if the last “shake” happens 10 min before finished, I’ll just trigger the event like that with X=10 min. I might also add a counter, so that it has to be “shaken” at least 20 times in one hour for that other event to trigger.

Just mounted mine yesterday, have to run a couple of cycles to see how to solve it, but I don’t think it will be that hard.

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    My dryer reporting is working reasonably well with the temp sensor attached to the dryer hose. However, the vibration sensor on the washing machine is quirky. I was on holiday and it showed shaked when no one was home, house completely silent.

Leave a comment:

• ZoRaC
    replied
    If you added the sensors two weeks ago, they will be known as ZHASwitch and will function normally with the plugin. If you did a rescan or a re-add, they will be known as ZHAVibration and are not yet functioning with the plugin as this needs to be added as new type to the plugin. This will be done in the new version of the plugin... no estimate yet
    Got my sensor in the mail today. added it to deconz and the “ZHASwitch”-device was still created (running latest deconz, .60).

Any estimates on the ZHAVibration implementation in JowiHue? I think that will work better than the current ZHASwitch to detect when my washer is finished.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Good thanks

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    If you added the sensors two weeks ago, they will be known as ZHASwitch and will function normally with the plugin. If you did a rescan or a re-add, they will be known as ZHAVibration and are not yet functioning with the plugin as this needs to be added as new type to the plugin. This will be done in the new version of the plugin... no estimate yet

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yes that would nee to be added to Jowihue. Wim was in holiday last 3 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• ZoRaC
    replied
    Is JowiHue seeing the sensor as a ZHASwitch or ZHAVibration? Seems they initially added it as a switch, but recently moved to exposing it as a “vibration”-device. The switch-device is kept for backward compatibility (for now).

See: https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...ment-471196688

Leave a comment:

Working...
X