Adding more devices to deCONZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding more devices to deCONZ

I have had the deconz and the JowiHue plugin installed for a year now, and it working like a charm. Now I want to add to add some new sensors. I have tried to add them from HS, and also from the webapp, but no success.

I have already included 8 Philips Hue sensors, and 2 Xiaomi Temp sensors. Are there a limitation on ten devices ?

Originally posted by Xian View Post
    I have had the deconz and the JowiHue plugin installed for a year now, and it working like a charm. Now I want to add to add some new sensors. I have tried to add them from HS, and also from the webapp, but no success.

I have already included 8 Philips Hue sensors, and 2 Xiaomi Temp sensors. Are there a limitation on ten devices ?
    You probably will have better luck bringing them in in Phoscon. Add them there and then tell jowihue to search for sensors once they show up in Phoscon and deconz. Give that a try.

Comment

I have tried that too....

Comment

A hue bulb near the Deconz bridge would surely help . I have more than 10 sensors here

Comment

i am trying to add sensors and switches.. Now I hav put the sensor on top of the bridge... still no success

Comment

I have tried that too....
            I assumed you had some bulbs and/or plugs, as MattLau suggested. If you don't there has to be at least one device that is. Also as he said there should be a bulb or plug as close to the bridge as possible anyway. Also if you can stagger the bulbs or plugs throughout the system putting a bulb or plug in between a few battery operated devices. That would surely help.

Comment

i am trying to add sensors and switches.. Now I hav put the sensor on top of the bridge... still no success
              A switch and sensors are end device. Wich means they do not contribute the the mesh.

addding bulbs (routers: it mean is routes/transmit) the signal at other devices) or plug will help

I have 5 routers in the same room as my bridge ( 3hue bulbs. 1 osram bulb, 1 osram plug).

Comment

ok... I have now turned on the Philps Hue bulb near the deConz, but I cant connect that

Comment

Xian,

Is this bulb been used before on another system maybe? The challenge is that this bulb has to be reset first before it can join the deCONZ network.
                  Philips has changed the methods to reset the bulb. First of all, the bulb has to switched of and on once before you do the reset.
                  If you have the Philips Hue dimmer switch, check this page: https://github.com/mozilla-iot/wiki/...set-a-Hue-bulb

This is also the method I am using to reset my bulbs if I move them between bridges.

Wim
                  -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Xian You can also use the webapp/Settings page to reset a bulb. To find the webapp go to the deCONZ interface, in the top right of the window you will find two buttons, one for Phoscon, the other for the webapp.
                    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
                    X