Scene Alerts not resuming original setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scene Alerts not resuming original setting

In the JowiHue/Creativity module, when creating a scene and selecting either the "one time flash" or "30s alert", in both cases it does flash, it simple sets the lights to the selected preset and leaves them. It does not return to the previous program after 30s. See attached screenshot of the scene setup.

When using an animation to perform the alert (such as the demo alert), it works perfectly. Obviously I can setup animations for every alert I need, but that is a bunch more work that just using the scene "alert" buttons (if they can work) for simple flashes.

Am I missing something?
    Attached Files

I forgot to mention, the lights are Hue White & Color Ambiance bulbs, connected through the Hue bridge.

Comment

The alert function is supposed to work on its own, without other settings. When you select or set a color, the device controlled is send an on signal, where the alert is an internal function on the bridge. I am here also using animations for my own alerts, as it is not possible in a scene to set a color and alert.

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thanks - that was it. I don't think that is mentioned in the documentation anywhere (at least not that I saw).

Comment

So I tried to create a new scene to try out the alert function, with no other settings (ie: no colors, etc), however when I tried to run it, it bugged the scene. Not only did it not work, but it created a copy of the scene (which also doesn't work), and both scene are bugged in that I cannot delete them (see screenshot below, note the lack of the "X" icon to delete).

Did I do something wrong to cause this? How can I clear out these defunct/bugged scenes?

Attached Files

Comment

I think you did not yet choose the light to use? You need to press the button Choose light, select a light. Then the scene knows which light it needs to control?
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

I did have lights in there. When the scene(s) got bugged, and I couldn't delete them, I tried removing the lights to see if then I could delete the scene (which obviously didn't wokr).

Here is a screenshot showing the same bugged scenes with lights chosen, and still unable to delete. The scene above is not bugged, and shows the icons for delete, duplicate, etc.

Attached Files

Comment

I have been testing here for a few times, but cannot copy this situation. Is it possible you used some special characters we are not seeing here? There have been issues with that in the past and I thought I caught them all by now, but maybe I missed some of these characters?
                -- Wim

Comment

No special characters, but it is possible I had that "invalid value 255" color picker error on these from when I originally configured the scene, even though I since them removed that color (went back to no preset). Would explain why I had the same problem with bugged scene on my other thread about the color picker.

In terms of resolving these, is there a way to manually delete these scenes? Or do I need to completely uninstall the plugin and re-install (and re-discover my lights) ?

Comment

If you know how to edit a sqlite database, you can remove the offending scenes. Othere wise you can send the database to me, so I can edit it and return again.

Send the \Data\JowiHue\JowiHue.db file to my mail adress w dot vuyk at upcmail do nl?
                    -- Wim

Comment

I will email you the database tonight/tomorrow.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X