Philips hue LWB010 dimable Warm white light not dimable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips hue LWB010 dimable Warm white light not dimable

I have a number of Philips Hue LWB010 lamps which are dimable but show only as on/off devices in Homeseer. The Jowihue page correctly shows the device as dimmable but the option to enable this is greyed out on the homeseer page. See screenshots below.

Is it possible to correct this or does it need a lamp type update ?
    thanks
    Click image for larger version

Name:	jowihue.PNG
Views:	581
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	1261486

Click image for larger version

Name:	config.PNG
Views:	664
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	1261487

It should be recognised as an dimmable device already. Could you try the following steps to check if there is an issue with initialising the database?

1. IN the HS installation directory you will find a subdirectory Config. IN this directory there is a file called JowiHueImports.xml.old. Rename this file to JowiHueImports.xml
    2. After a maimum of 30 minutes the plugin should find this file and import this. You will see lines in the log rgarding the import.
    3. If any errors occur in the log, let me know?
    4. If no errors occur, the devices for the bulbs should change, so the dimmer functions are added. If it doesn't, restart the plugin once and check if this changed the devices?

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi Wim,
      I followed those instructions and get the following in the log.
      Nov-25 16:31:46 JowiHue Importing SensorModels
      Nov-25 16:31:46 JowiHue Error: (UpdateSensorTypes)::Failed to enable constraints. One or more rows contain values violating non-null, unique, or foreign-key constraints.
      Nov-25 16:31:44 JowiHue Importing SensorTypes
      Nov-25 16:31:44 JowiHue Error: (UpdateLampTypes)::Concurrency violation: the UpdateCommand affected 0 records.
      Nov-25 16:31:43 JowiHue Importing lampTypes
      Dave

Comment

The error for the Lamptypes is the issue here. I have seen one other user with the same issue, but did not yet see the cause behind it yet The error on sensortypes is new for me, will have to chack if I missed something there.

I have to work on that! Hoping to come up with something soon!
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Ok let me know if you need any more logs or diagnostics.

Dave

Comment

I'm having a similar issue but just with the colour gu10 bulbs (LCT003). the other 46 bulbs have recognised correctly.

mike

Comment

sorry I spoke to early, I'm having the same issue with the colour candles (LCT012), white gu10's (LTW013), v1 colour bayonet (LCT007) and the white bayonets (LWB006)

in fact the only ones that have been detected properly and show as dimmable are the new colour bayonet bulbs (LCT015)

Mike

Comment

This issue will be resolved with the new beta. I have to solve one other issue before I can release it. It will probably need a refresh of the devicevalues once the new version is installed (proprties of the device, JowiHue tab and press refresh devicevalues)
                -- Wim

Comment

do you know when you may be able to post the new beta?

Comment

I am testing the issue with another user. The concurrency issue came back after all, I was too enhousiastic ...
                    I am still hoping soon, but it will have to wait until after Christmas for sure. was hoping for better news!

Happy Christmas!
                    -- Wim

Comment

No problem, have a great Christmas and if you need any help testing let me know, I have every type of hue bulb and quite a few of their lights too if that will help.

Mike

Comment

mikeeee30 and Davem

Finally solved the issue here. Has been on of the most stubborn issues so far. Dimming and CT devices should start working with the new beta 2.0.2.13

Happy New Year
                        -- Wim

Comment

Hi

i tried installing the new beta but it fails, even in developer mode. I am missing something to be able to install Betas?

mike

Comment

Mike,

No, there is some issue when installing an update on an active plugin. This is is an issue on the manage plugins page that need to be solved by HST.
                            Easiest way is to first disable the plugin and then install the beta. after installing enable the plugin again.

Wim
                            -- Wim

Comment

Wim

Thanks for getting this working. I disabled the plugin and then upgraded. All bulbs now are dimmable. There does seem to be a problem with tap switches though.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X