Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hue colour support

Hi all,
    trying to get alexa to detect my light strip as colour capable, but doesn't seem to get it.
    I've rebuilt the device, set all 4 devices for the strip (on/off, hue, sat, ct) to be voice controlled and "is light", deleted the alexa device and rediscovered.

Just cannot get alexa to see the device as colour capable
    Any ideas?

Furious,

Check the properties of the Hue device? IN the status graphics tab the color control should be enabled on the value of 65538. If it is not, you need to go to the JowiHue tab and press the button "rebuild devicevalues". This should enable the color control through alexa (at least this worked for one other user)

Attached Files
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi,
      I'm afraid that's exactly what I've got already
      Can you post your configs for your devices that work, as the HS support for getting this configured is shockingly non-existent. Click image for larger version

Name:	hshue.png
Views:	149
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	1262062

Comment

Helas, I cannot as I am not using Alexa yet here. There is still no Dutch speaking Alexa available, and an English version will start a debate here hehe. Google Home is now available in Dutch, so I might try that one.

I will have to search wh it was that got the color working, but he confirmed it was working a while ago... That was with the latest homeseer skill I believe.
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Man, HS documentation and support strike again.

So, the v3 version of the skill is broken for the UK. After trawling and changing so many settings, I found a very helpful set of posts which tell you how to actually set this all up:
          1. GO THROUGH ALL 800 DEVICES AS FOR SOME REASON, HS3 BY DEFAULT TICKS THE VOICE CONTROL ENABLED ON VIRTUALLY ALL OF THEM.
          2. Set the voice control tick box AND the voice control name on the root, on/off/dim device and the colour picker device
          3. Delete the existing device if already in Alexa
          4. Rediscover
          Repeat 2-4 for each device as you can only add them ONE AT A TIME currently.

Sorry for all caps, but there is nothing like going through every. single. child. device. and unticking a box on a virtual status only device or a battery motion sensor AS HS DECIDED IT NEEDS TO BE VOICE CONTROLLED BY DEFAULT.

Bonus points for spending a wasted few hours on also trying to programatically do this as ITS A BIT FIELD. Who does that? WHY?

Anyway - rant aside - it does work. Thanks for your support, and I can appreciate what you do despite how HS do their work

Comment

Great to hear it works!

If you want to have a fast way to change the voice control, use the checkbox on the top left of the device utility page to check all devices. Then choose "Disable voice". After enable the checkbox per device that needs voice control and choose enable voice That will surely ease things!

Attached Files
            -- Wim

Comment

Thnx Wim, just today received my Google home and i also would like to disable a lot of voice control devices

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                Great to hear it works!

If you want to have a fast way to change the voice control, use the checkbox on the top left of the device utility page to check all devices. Then choose "Disable voice". After enable the checkbox per device that needs voice control and choose enable voice That will surely ease things!

Man, you give better support than HS, looking forward to the next PI version, have a good Christmas

Comment

Working...
                X