Can't delete light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't delete light

I'm fairly new to all of this HA stuff, so I may be missing something obvious, but I have a ([phantom) light that shows up in Jowihue and the HS3 device dropdown menus, but it doesn't appear on the Hue bridge. I've tried deleting it from the Jowihue Bridge Maintenance page, but I get a banner message "Removing Light was not successful" (presumably because it doesn't exist!). The log provides little additional info. It's a pain because it has the same name as a real device, and working out which one is which is problematic. What is the easiest way to convince Jowihue (and HS3) that this device really isn't there?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	71.6 KB ID:	1261911
    Nov-25 19:43:50 JowiHue Kitchen Lamp is deleted
    Nov-25 19:43:50 JowiHue Removing light was NOT succesful
    Nov-25 19:43:50 JowiHue Removing light 6 from Bridge Philips hue on 192.168.1.12

Is it visible but greyed out in Phoscon? If it is in Phoscon you can delete it there and then in jowihue.

Comment

Apologies, but I have no idea what Phoscon is! I just have a standard Philips bridge. On the Philips Hue app, the phantom light doesn't appear.

Comment

Sorry about that. I assumed you were using a conbee or a raspbee? If you are you merely using the hue bridge in jowihue and bringing your devices into the app then you may have to bring it back into the app so it is viewable and then delete it in jowihue and then in the app.

Comment

Thanks for your help! Unfortunately I have no idea how to bring it back into the app, as I don't think the device exists.

I just remembered that I had a faulty bulb that was dead on arrival (no sign of life whatsoever) which I got replaced by Amazon. Maybe it was partly alive, and I didn't notice that it registered with the bridge. If that is the phantom light, then I no longer have it. That's the only Hue bulb I've had that isn't currently connected (and working correctly).

Comment

OK, I see what you are saying. I am not sure how you would get rid of it unless there is another file somewhere that can be edited. Maybe Wim can help out here or anyone who knows another way.

Comment

Originally posted by boardgamer View Post
              Thanks for your help! Unfortunately I have no idea how to bring it back into the app, as I don't think the device exists.

I just remembered that I had a faulty bulb that was dead on arrival (no sign of life whatsoever) which I got replaced by Amazon. Maybe it was partly alive, and I didn't notice that it registered with the bridge. If that is the phantom light, then I no longer have it. That's the only Hue bulb I've had that isn't currently connected (and working correctly).
              I think the bulb is not on the bridge indeed. But it still exists as homeseer device. It is a long time I checked on this page, but it is very possible it will only delete the lamp from the bridge and it might not delete the HS3 devices. Will have to check on that.

In the mean time you can remove the devices by hand from the device utility page, this will get rid of the light for the plugin as well.

Wim
              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thanks Wim. Um, can you point me to where the device utility page is?

I looked at the HS3 device management pages, and only the valid Kitchen Lamp appears. But when I create a new event, in the "Control a device" selection, I get the choice of 2 Kitchen Lamps (one valid, one phantom, but they appear identical).

Comment

Is it possible you have marked the device hidden in the past? On the image you posted, the device references are shown:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-11-26 10_15_09-Can't delete light - HomeSeer Message Board.png
Views:	245
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	1262050

Make sure that, when you are on the device management page (which is the deviceutility page I mentioned) , you show hidden devices as well:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-11-26 10_19_56-.png
Views:	238
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	1262051
                  This should reveil the devices mentioned?

​​​​​​​Wim
                  Attached Files
                  -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Many thanks Wim, that fixed it!

Comment

Working...
                    X