X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some devices not dimmable

Hi,

Thanks for your work on the plugin !

For some reason, not all of my lights appear to be dimmable with the plugin.
    Is this a known issue ?

Br,
    Kriz

Click image for larger version

Name:	hue.png
Views:	47
Size:	212.7 KB
ID:	1262632
    Attached Files

I installed my first hue strip the other day, not sure if it supports dimming like a bulb - you'll get a response shortly, and you may need to check out the devices capabilities of the devices in the deconz app.

Comment

I have the same issue and will create my own thread.

Comment

Hi,

I have 2 light bulbs, both are the TRADFRI bulb E27 WS opal 980lm. It looks like both are similair in HS when looking at light details, apart from that one can't be dimmed or changed light color.

In details:

Name:	GLL1.png
Views:	153
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	1262783

plus

Name:	GLR1.png
Views:	107
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	1262784

So it says both are dimmable and have the color temperature light.

Yet when looking at the devices itself it shows:

Name:	GLL2.PNG
Views:	119
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	1262785

and

Name:	GLR2.PNG
Views:	121
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	1262786

So the one is dimmable and the other is not, just on / off.

The only difference between the two is that the one that works was added in July and the other yesterday.??

Any idea what could be the issue?

Thanks

Comment

Just noticed that 4 other bulbs I added yesterday, are also not dimmable and only show on / off. All 4 are the TRADFRI bulb E27 opal 1000lm................

Comment

darkjamzi Because I expect the issue is the same, I joined your thread back here. Keeps me from repeating myself

kriz83 and darkjamzi

I am afraid I know what the issue is. Can you check the HS3 log back to the last installation of the plugin? Do you see a line like Error: (UpdateLampTypes)::Concurrency violation: the UpdateCommand affected 0 records. at the start of theplugin after upgrade?
            Or if you cannot go back that far, Go to the \Config directory of the HS3 installation and rename JowiHueImports.xml.old to JowiHueImports.xml. Then after a maximum of 30 minutes you should see some lines in the HS3 log about importing the xml file. Do you see the error then? There are several (not all) users that have this issue. Not sure yet why it is an selective issue so far.

But I think I found the cause behind this. This issue is preventing the plugin of correctly identifying the bulbs. The challenge is that I am working on a complex change that will take some time to release, but it should be solved in the next release.

Wim
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi Wim,

Yes, I am getting this error when renaming the file:
              Error: (UpdateLampTypes)::Concurrency violation: the UpdateCommand affected 0 of the expected 1 records.
              Best regards,
              Kristof

Comment

yup got it:
                Dec-02 10:03:26 JowiHue Error: (UpdateLampTypes)::Concurrency violation: the UpdateCommand affected 0 of the expected 1 records.
                Will wait for the update, thanks for your great work and support!!

Comment

hi,

was this issue solved with 2.0.3.0 release? Do I need to delete the lamps and then it will add correct ones?

Thanks

Comment

The issue is resolved with the new version. If you have existing devices without the slider, go to the properties of the device through the manage devices page. On the JowiHue tab here you will find a button "Rebuild device values".
                    Or if you have more then one device, go to the configuration page of the plugin and choose the miscellenious tab and find the "rebuild light values" button. Pressing this button will rebuild the possible values for each device and enable the dim functions again.

Thanks,

Wim
                    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
                    X