Xiaomi Aqara Leak Detector issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xiaomi Aqara Leak Detector issue

I have been trying to add some new Aqara leak detectors to JowiHue and I am having a problem that may not be an issue with this plugin, but with Phoscon. I have the deConz REST API with my Conbee on Windows 10. Phoscon may be adding this device, but does not list it (an issue noted on GitHub). I do think that I see the device in the REST API, but I am not certain because it has not been given a name (the name description is blank and cannot be modified). Couple of questions:
    1) If there is no name for the device, can it still be seen by the JowiHue plugin?
    2) Any plans to incorporate the Xiaomi hub into the plugin?
    Thanks,
    Elliott
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

This does not address your specific difficulty, but I do love these little water leak sensors. I have mine paired with non-cloud $10 USB dongle and have zero difficulty with their recognition or reporting into HS. Actually have them reporting from two houses into a central HS3.

Comment

Richel

If the device is presented though the restapi, the plugin will create two devices for it, battery and the device itself. I have it here running since 9 months and it is working fine.
      Where do you see the blank name? If it is in the rest api, could you post it for me?

If it is in deCONZ, I am wondeirng if you hit a bug in deCONZ. The device should start showing as "0xnnnnn" device (n's are numbers). Once the device is recognised the name should change into 'Water nn" where nn again is a number. At this point the REST API will move it to the JowiHue plugin and here you should see the devices created.

Sometimes Aqara sensors can be a bit stubborn, but you can easily reset (press the reset button for 5 seconds, watching the blue light) the water sensor and scan for devices again. Probably deCONZ did not get all information before the device went for sleep mode (as it is battery controlled.

Michael McSharry To prevent confusion, the Philps bridges and the deCONZ gatyeways are also non-cloud based.
      It is the HS Zigbee plugin that is cloud based

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
        This does not address your specific difficulty, but I do love these little water leak sensors. I have mine paired with non-cloud $10 USB dongle and have zero difficulty with their recognition or reporting into HS. Actually have them reporting from two houses into a central HS3.
        I know and I was looking forward to using them with my setup.
        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
          Richel

If the device is presented though the restapi, the plugin will create two devices for it, battery and the device itself. I have it here running since 9 months and it is working fine.
          Where do you see the blank name? If it is in the rest api, could you post it for me?

If it is in deCONZ, I am wondeirng if you hit a bug in deCONZ. The device should start showing as "0xnnnnn" device (n's are numbers). Once the device is recognised the name should change into 'Water nn" where nn again is a number. At this point the REST API will move it to the JowiHue plugin and here you should see the devices created.

Sometimes Aqara sensors can be a bit stubborn, but you can easily reset (press the reset button for 5 seconds, watching the blue light) the water sensor and scan for devices again. Probably deCONZ did not get all information before the device went for sleep mode (as it is battery controlled.

Michael McSharry To prevent confusion, the Philps bridges and the deCONZ gatyeways are also non-cloud based.
          It is the HS Zigbee plugin that is cloud based

Wim
          So, I see none of my sensors (leak or otherwise) in the REST API, only lights. The deConz web interface shows everything. The attached image is for what I think is the leak sensor in deConz. I cannot change the name. I can type in a name, but it won't take. I even changed it in the session.default file and it wouldn't take. I tried again to import into JowiHue and even restarted the plugin without success. I have deleted the device in deConz and added it back without success, too.Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	237
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	1263640
          Attached Files

Comment

But is it correct that this only works on Linux and not on Windows?

Comment

Richel,

In deCONZ the scanning is not yet finished. It is holding the name 0xnnnn which says it is still trying to get the configuration of the device. Did you try reseting the device and scanning?

Which version of deCONZ are you running?
              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

But is it correct that this only works on Linux and not on Windows?
                The only instructions I saw was install for Linux, but it runs under node.js just like node-red and I know node-red works with Windows as well. I don't have enough experience with node.js environment or Linux in general to run it without explicit instructions. In the worst case one can think of USB Dongle plugged into RPi just like Raspbee plugged into RPi with HS3 and mcsMQTT being able to run on Linux or Windows.

Comment

Richel,

In deCONZ the scanning is not yet finished. It is holding the name 0xnnnn which says it is still trying to get the configuration of the device. Did you try reseting the device and scanning?

Which version of deCONZ are you running?
                  Thanks. I am running 2.05.49, which is the latest for Windows. I had the same issue on the previous version, so I upgraded in hopes of a fix. I have tried to reset the device, without fixing the problem. Elliott

Comment

The only instructions I saw was install for Linux, but it runs under node.js just like node-red and I know node-red works with Windows as well. I don't have enough experience with node.js environment or Linux in general to run it without explicit instructions. In the worst case one can think of USB Dongle plugged into RPi just like Raspbee plugged into RPi with HS3 and mcsMQTT being able to run on Linux or Windows.
                    Michael: Thanks. This is above my level of expertise, unfortunately. I know almost nothing about Linux, have never used an RPi, or Node-Red, although I do find explicit instructions on how to implement Node-Red on Windows. I'll give it more thought for implementing this under Windows and may get a dongle from you. Elliott

Comment

Elliot,

I am afraid Aqara changed the setup of the water sensor. It seems they start with new models that are not compatible to the old version. It is already notified to the developer. Not sure but you can maybe add some info, or just let them know you are waiting for the solution: https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...gin/issues/946
                      -- Wim

Comment

Elliot,

I am afraid Aqara changed the setup of the water sensor. It seems they start with new models that are not compatible to the old version. It is already notified to the developer. Not sure but you can maybe add some info, or just let them know you are waiting for the solution: https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...gin/issues/946
                        Wim: Thank you for this information. I will post something on github. Elliott

Comment

Elliot,

The latest update to deConz/Win (V.2_05_51) has fixed this issue.

Comment

Richel,

To prevent issues, you better upgrade to 2.05.52. There are some large issues with 2.05.51 - I did get the full blow here and had to rescan many sensors here. 2.05.51 is withdrawn by the developer and 2.05.52 is replacing it.
                            -- Wim

Comment

Richel,

To prevent issues, you better upgrade to 2.05.52. There are some large issues with 2.05.51 - I did get the full blow here and had to rescan many sensors here. 2.05.51 is withdrawn by the developer and 2.05.52 is replacing it.
                              Thank you so much for letting me know. Elliott

Comment

Working...
                              X