Removing a Hue bulb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing a Hue bulb

I have one hue bulb in my zigbee network and I need to remove it from raspbee/deconz so I can add it to the philips bridge to update the firmware. At this point, the philips bridge is not added to raspbee. So a couple of questions:

1) How do I remove the hue bulb from raspbee, simply delete the selectednode?
    2) If I add the philips bridge will it act as a router just like the hue bulb?

I hesitate since it's not like I have a bunch of routers, just the raspbee and one hue.

Hmm, it seems Phoscon has a delete light option. Would that be the best way since I do want to add it back in once the firmware is updated.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
      Hmm, it seems Phoscon has a delete light option. Would that be the best way since I do want to add it back in once the firmware is updated.
      Yes, you would delete it via Phoscon, then add it to the Hue Brudge using a Hue app. Once it is added to the Hue bridge, the app will let you update the bulb firmware. You can also set the power fail behavior. Then you can move it back to the RaspBee by deleting it from the Hue bridge and adding it back to the RaspBee.

The only thing I don’t know is if the new power fail recovery settings will be retained if the bulb is moved from the Hue bridge back to the RasPbee.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

You can add the Hue bridge, just like the deCONZ gateway. It will be a bridge on its own, so it does not join the deCONZ gateway.

It is much asier, without the need of Phoscon.... All you need to do is start the bulb by removing the bulb from power and adding power on. Then reset the bulb and scan for new devices on the configuration page of the plugin(of course on the Hue bridge row).
        The Hue bridge will find the light and report this to the plugin. The plugin will recognise the bulb and remove the bulb from deCONZ and renames the bulb on the Hue bridge to the old name and it uses the same devices. Once updated, you can return it to deCONZ and the plugin wil do the same trick again, but now deletes it from the hue bridge. Then the router functionality is again on the deCONZ gateway.

As for the new power fail recovery settings, they will not yet be retained as the bulb has te be reset to move between bridges. But the developers on deCONZ are working on it, I am guessing in a week, or two weeks it will be available in deCONZ. shortly after that I will have update the plugin as well.
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

- Successfully removed, added to hue bridge, updated both bridge and bulb, deleted from hue, added to raspbee. I lost communication with a couple of Aqara sensors, not sure why, so I'm re-including those. All should be fine soon.

w.vuyk Thanks, I will have to think about adding as its own bridge within JH and HS3 as I bought it from Randy to be able to update the hue bulb. Although the hue app on the android is pretty nice.

I am getting one motion sensor re-creating itself twice. Even if I delete one of the occurrences, it comes back. But it comes back as if it was last seen awhile ago. Notice also that HS3 thinks it is displaying three devices.
          Attached Files

Comment

Ignore my last post, I'm not sure what happened but it fixed itself. As to what fixed itself, who knows?

Comment

Wonder what happend here. Which sensor is this? Is it a Xiaomi motion sensor? because I also see an alarm device occurring due to changes in deCONZ. Are you on 2.0.5.50 too?
              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

It is a Xiaomi motion sensor. I have three of them and this is the only one that got weird. Separately, the Honeywell Fire Alarm will no longer get acknowledged by deConz.

I am on .50, which would you recommend I go back to?

Comment

I think you better stay on .50. The developer is adding loads of changes to deCONZ at this moment and he is aware on this issue and is correcting it. I think .51 might be available today or tomorrow. Devices are still functioning normal right?
                  As for the smoke alarm, did not test it yet here, will have a look at it.
                  -- Wim

Comment

w.vuyk OK, I will stay on .50. As far as the smoke alarm I new it was added to the system but I never put smoke or fire by it to test. First I want to get it added and then I will confirm proper function. It happens that in that same area there is a regular z-wave smoke detector so I am protected.

Comment

I'm revisiting this again. Both these detectors have been installed in the garage for over a year and neither of them has ever made a sound (that's a good thing) until yesterday.
                      https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3280...f0384c4d9zU8nd

I was spray painting a lamp to improve the WAF and the wired unit about three feet off the floor started beeping. The wireless unit is up about six feet up and it did not react, not sure why since lighter gasses tend to rise).

I have the wired unit paired up to my raspbee but how would I write an event since there are no drop down options. I am currently on 2.05.71 and JH2.1.0.7. Wham am I missing?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 11-24-19 at 08.54 AM.PNG
Views:	276
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	1342201

Comment

Do I dare answering this one?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_83584.png
Views:	259
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	1342270
                        I think you need to select another device, not the battery?

Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

Doh! I'll get back to you. SORRRRY!

Can't see the forest for the trees, can I? I guess not.

Comment

Wow, I forgot all about this until the alarm went off while I was in the garage. It was due to fumes from mixing fiberglass resin for a boat project.

FWIW, I have the battery one connected but it has never sounded the alarm.

The US powered one is the one that sounds the alarm. It is also the unit that will not add to DeConz. So I can't even get to the point of creating an event.

Comment

Working...
                            X