JowiHue 'scan for bridges' doesnt find Conbee - deConz working fine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JowiHue 'scan for bridges' doesnt find Conbee - deConz working fine

Just installed for first time on Win10. Conbee is on the same PC as HS3. Both Com ports show in Device Mgr and deConz connects to it immediately. I've tried a few reboots but Scan for Bridges doesnt see anything

Turned on Debug & Trace... I dont see anything useful?

I also tried the beta version, same problem and then that added an new error in the startup log..
    Dec-28 9:26:11 PM JowiHue Pressed button for immediate scan for bridges - scanning started
    Dec-28 9:21:52 PM JowiHue Importing SensorModels
    Dec-28 9:21:52 PM JowiHue Error: (UpdateLampTypes)::Start connection lamptypes ------ Concurrency violation: the UpdateCommand affected 0 of the expected 1 records.
    Dec-28 9:21:52 PM JowiHue Importing SensorTypes
    Dec-28 9:21:52 PM JowiHue Importing lampTypes
    Dec-28 9:21:52 PM JowiHue InitIO:Plugin basic initialisation done
    Dec-28 9:21:52 PM JowiHue Changed Usage table
    Dec-28 9:21:51 PM JowiHue Starting plugin JowiHue 2.0.2.12 on Windows
    Dec-28 9:20:58 PM JowiHue JowiHue Plugin is stopped. Thanks for using it :-)
    Dec-28 9:19:49 PM JowiHue Pressed button for immediate scan for bridges - scanning started
    Dec-28 9:17:24 PM JowiHue Pressed button for immediate scan for bridges - scanning started
    Dec-28 9:17:14 PM JowiHue Debug: (postBackProc) :Config:id: oTabTraces
    Dec-28 9:17:14 PM JowiHue Debug: (postBackProc) TabTraces
    Dec-28 9:17:14 PM JowiHue Debug: (postBackProc) :ConfigTabs: oTabTraces
    Dec-28 9:16:57 PM JowiHue Debug: (postBackProc) :Config:id: timer
    Dec-28 9:16:54 PM JowiHue Debug: (postBackProc) :Config:id: timer
    Dec-28 9:16:51 PM JowiHue Debug: (Bridgescan) :Start Scan for bridges 12/28/2018 9:16:51 PM
    Dec-28 9:16:51 PM JowiHue Debug: (postBackProc) :Config:id: obtnScan
    Dec-28 9:16:51 PM JowiHue Debug: (postBackProc) :Config:btnScan: Submit
    Dec-28 9:16:51 PM JowiHue Pressed button for immediate scan for bridges - scanning started
    Dec-28 9:16:50 PM JowiHue Debug: (postBackProc) TabConfig
    Dec-28 9:16:50 PM JowiHue Debug: (postBackProc) :ConfigTabs: oTabConfig
    Dec-28 9:16:50 PM JowiHue Debug: (postBackProc) :Config:id: oTabConfig
    Dec-28 9:16:45 PM JowiHue Debug: (postBackProc) :Configebug: checked
    Dec-28 9:16:45 PM JowiHue Debug: (postBackProc) :Config:id: Debug
    Dec-28 9:13:45 PM JowiHue Pressed button for immediate scan for bridges - scanning started
    Dec-28 9:12:02 PM JowiHue Pressed button for immediate scan for bridges - scanning started
    Dec-28 9:11:24 PM JowiHue Plugin succesfully started
    Dec-28 9:11:24 PM JowiHue InitIO:Plugin basic initialisation done
    Dec-28 9:11:24 PM JowiHue Starting plugin JowiHue 2.0.2.8 on Windows
    Dec-28 9:10:46 PM JowiHue JowiHue Plugin is stopped. Thanks for using it :-)
    Dec-28 9:03:39 PM JowiHue Pressed button for immediate scan for bridges - scanning started
    Dec-28 9:01:21 PM JowiHue Pressed button for immediate scan for bridges - scanning started
    Dec-28 9:00:02 PM JowiHue Plugin succesfully started
    Dec-28 9:00:01 PM JowiHue InitIO:Plugin basic initialisation done
    Dec-28 9:00:01 PM JowiHue Starting plugin JowiHue 2.0.2.8 on Windows

w.vuyk

... I figured this out. PLEASE put the solution in the Wiki, I wasted almost 2 hours and hope to save others. I dont see ANY of this info in your web site or the deConz Wiki

If you install deConz on Windows the default Website starts on Port 80. The default web site for HS3 is ALSO Port 80! AND appratenly deConz communicates with JowiHue Plugin on ... wait for it... whatever the deConz Website port it... by default Port 80!

HS3 will override port 80 and thus deConz website can never be communicated with.

Solution is to change deConz port... BUT, you guessed it... cant be done with the deConz app (lame!) so it requires a command line. Which also takes digging as its also NOT documented anywhere unless you search Git tickets.

Example command line switches to change ports...

--http-port=8080 --ws-port=20877 --upnp=0

btw... your trace and debug settings done seem to provide any info, at all, when searching for bridges. if it had told me it was scanning on ports <whatever> then I would have possibly found this out faster.

Comment

I had the same issue when I first installed deCONZ a few months ago, except deCONZ was locking me out of HS3. I simply changed HS3 to port 85 under HS3 settings, no command line required. What version of deCONZ did you install? I believe this was fixed somewhere around revision V02.05.48. When I was poking around in the deCONZ DB file the other day I noticed 8090 was listed as default port number.

--Barry

Comment

Ltek,

The plugin talks to deCONZ through the REST API, not through Phoscon. You can see the port it uses in the standard logging of the plugin, for me it is 443. Phoscon is the web interface of deCONZ. And indeed as Barry is saying, with the latest versions of deCONZ the default port has changed for the issue you are describing here.

I know there is a way to put the configuration tucked away in a config directory, where deCONZ is reading by default, but it could be well only work on Linux or the RaspBee conifigurations. As for searching bridges, it is using standard UPNP as documented.
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
          Ltek,

The plugin talks to deCONZ through the REST API, not through Phoscon. You can see the port it uses in the standard logging of the plugin, for me it is 443. Phoscon is the web interface of deCONZ. And indeed as Barry is saying, with the latest versions of deCONZ the default port has changed for the issue you are describing here.

I know there is a way to put the configuration tucked away in a config directory, where deCONZ is reading by default, but it could be well only work on Linux or the RaspBee conifigurations. As for searching bridges, it is using standard UPNP as documented.
          I tried several times to get the plugin to detect it... it didnt until I changed the port on the command line (--http-port=8080 --ws-port=20877 --upnp=0). All I can tell you is it works now, didnt on 5+ attempts prior. No reboots or restarts in between.

according to a Git post... "start deCONZ with --upnp=0 to disable the SSDP discovery"

So if the plugin search uses UPNP and I disabled it... how did it find it only after I disabled it?

Comment

This is because I build this option in after someone else did not want to use UPNP for whatever reason. This extra option goes to the internet of either Philips or dresden electronics as both are providing other means of scanning the local network for their devices. I personally do not like this option, so the plugin uses this as a last resort for networks that do not reply on UPNP?
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
              This is because I build this option in after someone else did not want to use UPNP for whatever reason. This extra option goes to the internet of either Philips or dresden electronics as both are providing other means of scanning the local network for their devices. I personally do not like this option, so the plugin uses this as a last resort for networks that do not reply on UPNP?
              Gotcha. Either way, it does connect so hopefully we can get it working propr for me. thx!

Comment

Working...
              X