Changed names in deConz not changing in JowiHue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changed names in deConz not changing in JowiHue

New install, just added 6 lights and immediately (seconds) after the light was added in the Phoscon UI I changed all name from "Light #" to "Foyer Colors", etc.
    Both deConz UI and Phoscon web UI show the properly changed names.

Tried forcing JowiHue to refresh/update using 'Scan New Devices' and turning the plugin on/off. No names are corrected.

I'd hope you could easily add the 'name sync' between deConz and JowiHue
    ... If the plugin doesnt do this -- please document this.
    ... a workaround (crappy but it should work) is to disable JowiHue until the user adds and renames all the new devices in deConz? Will the plugin pull the new names and not the old?

I'd hoped major admin features would be accessible through the plugin: add/remove devices (join to Zigbee network), rename devices / groups (name sync), etc.
    ... please add to your documentation exactly what is, and is not possible. Its confusing, and frustrating, not being able to know what can/cannot be done. Not knowing we need to use 2 different apps to admin the device - and in what ways.

thx

Attached Files

Comment

Ltek,

You do not really need the Phoscon interface. The only real need is for the initial connection to deCONZ, after that all functions can be done through the plugin, except at this moment removal of sensors, which is going to be enabled in the new version.

As for the documentation, it is in the JowiHue.pdf file that came with the installation. You'll find the document in the docs directory of the HS3 installation directory. On page 8 you will find information on how to handle renaming devices (as already showed to you (thanks!))
      As for scanning for new lights and sensors, please read page 4. It is all possible and documented.

I am sure when you read this document, it will become clear to you, 95% already can be done with this plugin.

PS, information about groups is on page 9
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I came here to look for any solutions to the same issue (and I have read the docs).
        Originally posted by docs page 9
        the plugin treats the bridge as the owner of the name of devices
        Originally posted by docs page 9
        Changing the name will also reflect on the bridge (and in all apps accessing the bridge)
        Except of course if you're this plugin, since it doesn't honor name changes from the owner of the name of devices. Not a biggie now that I know, but it's probably worth updating the docs. Or allowing a 2 way sync of the name, since what happens if another app changes the name of a bulb? It will change in that app and the hub, but the new name won't be reflected in the PlugIn.

G

Comment

The plugin does allow for the two way name change already. The docs are right.
          I have not rechecked it lately, but - at least during startup of the plugin - it synchs the name from the bridge to the devices. Did you try a restart of the plugin already? I can check to see if it can do this also dynamically.
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

I typically change the name from HomeSeer, however I have also changed it in Phoscon. Just as a test I changed a sensor name in Phoscon and by the time I had clicked over to the other window to look, it had changed in HomeSeer. But that did not happen with a light. I changed it in Phoscon and it did not show up in HomeSeer. I restarted the plugin and the change was not picked up then, either.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by bdickhaus View Post
              But that did not happen with a light. I changed it in Phoscon and it did not show up in HomeSeer. I restarted the plugin and the change was not picked up then, either.
              I'll admit, I've only tried with lights. Like you, I've also tried restarting the plugin, and the new names weren't picked up - they always were changing in the plugin.

G

Comment

And I am guessing I have mostly been checking the sensors. Will check and correct that in the next version

Wim
                -- Wim

Comment

I'll add another data point here...

I was trying to change the name of a Xiaomi vibration sensor last night. Several times I changed the name of the JowiHue root device in HS3, and each time it reverted back to the original name after a few minutes. The only way I could get it to change permanently is to also change the name manually in the Phoscon web app.

Comment

To add more to this... this has been the way I added my devices - through the Phoscon web page. The plugin then picked up the device/name.
                    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I have also had problems with the plugin picking up new names of bulbs on the bridges. I have restarted the plugin and the names are still the original names picked up by the plugin. I have tried restarting the plugin and restarting homeseer completely, still the same names. Were you able to check if this functionality was working? Thanks!

Comment

I have it solved here, been running it for a few days now. But somehow the publis plugin page from HST is throwing errors at me, so have to wait publishing the plugin until the publishing functions work again.

Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

Awesome, good to know I wasn't doing something wrong. Appreciate your continued support, certainly my most necessary and favorite plugin for HS now connecting to 3 hue bridges!

Comment

Working...
                          X