Bugs in Devices & Groups... several

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsobel View Post

Wasn't trying to frustrate you, appreciate the long response. Completely agree that you should not break existing users. For what its worth I'd make the option to do the conversion to/form RGB optional and let folks who are really bothered by the color picker issue enable it (knowing they it breaks their events). The long term answer I'd suggest is not to have HS call the plugin for conversion, but rather to add calls to allow a plugin to generate their own custom HTML controls for use on the device config page. Maybe if we go to Rich together we can get him to consider such a change, that would give the most flexibility moving forward...
    excellent ideas

it wont break event for new users

going to Rich together, definitely. I hope he realizes without you guys (plugin developers) there is NO Homeseer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post

XY Settings (and Kelvin color temperature)
      test... first clear all the settings in the JH Device. then enter 10 or 10.3 or 10.38 -- they all clear out

btw, Color Loop does save values, but nothing happens.

I'm on HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.495 (Windows) -- beta version. Just updated from prior beta, same result as this on.
      -- Had to go beta since I was having several HS3 bugs cause problems. Can you test this version to see if you have the same problems with the input fields? Maybe a bug in the beta?
      For the xy and colortemperature boxes (all boxes in fact): if you hover over the text box with your mouse it will show you what values are allowed. For the x and y value, this has to be a value between 0 and 1 (between! so 0 and 1 are excluded), so indeed 10.38 will be denied. You can input a value with up to 4 digits behind the decimal, so 0.1234 will be accepted. Check the graph I posted earlier, this graph is showing you the x and y values.
      Also, for the color temperature a value in Kelvin is expected, a value (without decimals) between 2000K and 6500K can be used.

Each textbox on the action area shows its possible values when you hover over it.

But I did find an issue on the x and y value when the event is triggered, causing the saved values to be not applied. This is resolved in the new version of the plugin.

Thanks,

Wim
      Attached Files
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
      X