PI Calling for Update for Gen 1 Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PI Calling for Update for Gen 1 Hub

I have a Philips Gen 1 Hub (it's round). The log from the PI is telling me every hour -
    An update is available for the Hue Bridge (Philips hue) -- ZGB_100B_0100 - 5.127.1.26581. Use the configuration page to upgrade.
    But I've spoken to Philips and they say there has been no update for the Gen 1 Hub since Feb, 2018. The Philips app works fine to control the lights.

I haven't been able to update the Hub either from the app or the PI config page.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

I think this is not an update for the bridge itself, but maybe one of your devices? What if you press the button for updating on your configuration page. Restart the plugin after an hour, does it go away then?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thanks for the response. I had pressed the update button on the PI config page, and I didn't really notice anything happening. I just turned off the "check for updates button" in the PI so it doesn't annoy me in the log. I should probably just upgrade to a Gen 2 Hub.

Comment

That's the firmware update for the Hue color lamps (LCT001). I use the Hue app to update.

Comment

Originally posted by pcourt View Post
          Thanks for the response. I had pressed the update button on the PI config page, and I didn't really notice anything happening. I just turned off the "check for updates button" in the PI so it doesn't annoy me in the log. I should probably just upgrade to a Gen 2 Hub.
          pcourt

If you are considering the upgrade to the Gen2 bridge, be aware that the plugin keeps having issues with the upgrade. If you are going for it, keep the following steps in mind while dong the bridge transfer to the Gen2 version:
          1. Before moving the bridge, disable the plugin.
          2. Once the plugin is disabled, remove the bridge device from the manage devices page of HS. Leave the lights as they are!
          3. perform the bridge move through the Philips Hue app
          4. Once the move is done disconnect the old bridge, power it off!
          5. Start the plugin and check if it finds the new bridge, add it (not sure if registring is needed)
          6. It will find the lights and start reconnecting them, all events, scenes and animations should work after that.
          Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
            If you are going for it, keep the following steps in mind while dong the bridge transfer to the Gen2 version:
            I think this post needs to be pinned...

The Hue app keeps reminding people that there's a "special" app for V1 hubs, and that all the new features are going to be for the V2 hub, so I suspect more and more people are going to be upgrading hubs

G

Comment

I will add this to the documentation, as indeed the challenge of changing bridges keeps popping up....
              -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by nunoary View Post
                That's the firmware update for the Hue color lamps (LCT001). I use the Hue app to update.
                I tried this, but I keep getting the message "downloading this update may take a while. Please check back later" or something to that effect, but nothing ever happens. I feel like the support for Gen 1 hubs is not there. Which means I won't buy any more Hues. I'm an old Revolv user and I simply won't put up with companies that pull the plug (no pun intended) on support devices.

Comment

@pcourt,

Maybe the website is having problems. Just to clarify, i to have the Gen 1 hub.

What app you use? My is "Hue Philips" V3.11.1. And my bridge firmware is SW:01041302.
                  I make the upgrade a couple days ago, and everything went well.

Comment

Originally posted by nunoary View Post
                    @pcourt,

Maybe the website is having problems. Just to clarify, i to have the Gen 1 hub.

What app you use? My is "Hue Philips" V3.11.1. And my bridge firmware is SW:01041302.
                    I make the upgrade a couple days ago, and everything went well.
                    Thanks for the response. I specifically use the special app they have for the Gen 1 Bridge. And the problem's been going on for a few weeks now. I've tried powering off the bridge, the router, etc. I've moved the bridge to where it is plugged directly into my router. Reset my network settings in the iphone, and forgot the network, etc. Still no luck.

Comment

Sorry to hear that!

Problems??? I thought update the firmware of the hue lamps was your only issues. I don't think that's a big problem

If i were in your place i would:

1st - Check the firmware of the LCT001 on your app to confirm. Something similar happened with my update...the app freezes during the process, i close the app and open again and the firmware was installed. Fyi you need to confirm the firmware on the lamps, not on the bridge...see the information on one lamp and confirm that SW:5.127.1.26581

2nd - if you confirm that it was not executed, I was trying to install the application I mentioned earlier (Philips Hue 3.11.1, android version) and use that. I think this app it's better then the special app they have for the Gen 1 Bridge.

Comment

The app says that it can take an hour for an update for each bulb to be downloaded. I've never seen it take it that long... till this weekend, when it actually was taking over an hour to download the update for each bulb (and I had a half dozen bulbs to do).

I ended up putting my phone on the charger, and letting it run overnight, and come morning, about half the bulbs were updated. I fired off the update process again the next evening, let it run overnight, and the remaining bulbs were updated.

I thought it might be something funky with it being the first update I'd done since upgrading to my V2 hub, but possibly not. It certainly took way longer than usual, but it did complete when left alone to get on with it.

G

Comment

Working...
                        X