Dimmer switch not showing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimmer switch not showing up

Hi, I can't seem to get my dimmer switch to show up in homeseer. It is registered with my hub and controlling lights. I have scanned for new lights/sensors, etc. I don't see the option for taps or dimmers in the Plugins menu. I am running 2.0.28. Happy to post more information as needed to help diagnose this. Thanks.

I'm running the Beta 2.0.2.13 and they are working, they show up in the plug-in screen under Bridge Maintenance and then ResourceLinks
    HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
    Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
    Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Thanks. Do I have to run the beta in order for it to work?

Comment

that I do not know. I could not control the dimming level of the lights themselves, no option showing in the device. This beta fixed that.
        HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
        Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
        Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
          Hi, I can't seem to get my dimmer switch to show up in homeseer. It is registered with my hub and controlling lights. I have scanned for new lights/sensors, etc. I don't see the option for taps or dimmers in the Plugins menu. I am running 2.0.28. Happy to post more information as needed to help diagnose this. Thanks.
          Simon,

The option for taps and dimmers have been removed several versions ago? I thought I removed all references to these options in the documentation as well, where did you find it in the current documentation?
          In the current versions devices are created, so you can use these in events as the HomeSeer logic is much better then the (bridge) ruling mechanism the plugin was using earlier.

You see the devices for the dimmer in the manage devices page of HS3 right?
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I think I saw those options in an old forum post. I don’t see that the dimmer switch in my devices. I have 5 hue bulbs and they are all showing fine. Is there any log I can check to see if the dimmer switch is being recognized? Thanks.

Comment

Is it a hidden device maybe?

If you enable the detailed trace and log to file options in the plugin and then do a restart of the plugin, it will create a JowiHue.log file in the logs subdirectory of the HS installation.
              Here you could do a search for the name of the switch as it should be mentioned at the start of the plugin. Also in the HS3 log at the start it will show a summary of how many lights, sensors and switches are connected to the plugin.

Also check in the log if you see errors, if you do, send the log to me? Send it to w dot vuyk at upcmail dot nl
              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Thanks, I found it when reviewing the logged entries after turning up the tracing. Next question, I don't see it updating in Homeseer in when I turn it on and off. I see some other threads about this - to confirm the switch can only be polled - it does not report status when activated? Currently my hub polling is set to the default of 3 seconds. But I don't see the switch updating in homeseer - even beyond 3 seconds? Thanks.

Comment

That is not supposed to happen. There has been an issue with switches and sensors in the 2.0.2.8 version (and I guess in some earlier versions), which has been solved in the beta versions. I am not sure, are you running the beta version 2.0.2.13? It might be worth trying it if you do not?

If you are running the beta, we will need to dive into tracing I am afraid?
                  -- Wim

Comment

I am not running the beta. I will give it a shot.

Comment

Working...
                    X