Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philips Hue Hub + Sylvania (Lightify & Smart+) ... please share your experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alberto V M
    replied
    Same problem! I tried to connect 6 Osram Lightify bulbs (white only) to my Hue 2 bridge.
    Hue brigde detects the bulb, however it is not added to Hue app (iOS).

Step-by-step:
    - Turn on bulb (it blinks)
    - Select search in Hue app
    - Bulb blinks again (I understand that bulb is detected)
    - Keep searching until the message: Not new bulb found

Alberto V M

Leave a comment:

• logman
    replied
    Been doing some reading on this. The new OSRAM bulbs are Zigbee 3.0 and Zigbee Light Link (ZLL) certified. The Hue V2 Bridge is 3.0 and ZLL certified. But apparently the Hue bridge only uses the ZLL protocols during Touchlink commissioning commands. Afterward all commands are sent with the ZHA 1.2 protocols. ZLL issues a master key during commissioning to the new node trying to join the network and handles all the security during commissioning. After the new device is joined to the network it should recognize and respond to standard ZHA commands, which is part of Zigbee 3.0 certification.

Sounds good in theory. Real world, who knows?

--Barry

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    I couldn't get Sylvania (Osram) bulbs to pair with a Hue hub. I tried 2. They worked well with deConz/RaspBee.

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    Barry,

That is a old statement, I think done in 2015. Since then Philips had to abandon the Friends of Hue requirement for lights because of all the protests of other vendors. Since then they have moved on to compatibility with the Zigbee v3 requirements. Philips is now applying their Friends of Hue requirement only to switches and sensors. But on lights it is open to the ZigBee v3, HA1.2 standards. I do know that in EU currently several Smart+ devices can pair with Philips Hue bridges, I have a smart+ plug here and did experiment on it to join the Philips Hue bridge, there was no issue. But do not know for sure on the smart+ lights as I do not have them. For colored lights I stick with Philips so far.
    I believe Randy has tested with the smart+ lights, but I am unsure if this was on the deCONZ bridge or his Philips bridges

On the smartplus site I found the following statement:
    2. Compatibility of SMART+ products

2.1. With which third-party systems are SMART+ products compatible and which functionality is available when using compatible third-party systems?

Thanks to the supported ZigBee wireless standard, SMART+ lamps and luminaires offer the possibility to connect to various third-party systems based on ZigBee. The functionality may be restricted, however, depending on the product and third-party system. The basic functions, including on/off setting, dimming as well as color control, are generally assured for use in conjunction with compatible third-party systems.

We are continually expanding our network of partnerships so we can ensure that our SMART+ products are as convenient as possible to use in conjunction with as many ZigBee-based third-party systems as possible.

---- How vague can it be

Leave a comment:

• logman
    replied
    Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
    Lightify Silvania in the US differs from EU models. I know in the past EU versions could pair with Philips bridges, but US versions would not pair.
    I do not know if the current Smart+ lights will pair. Their advertisments suggest it should work now: https://smartplus.ledvance.com/
    I read somewhere that the problem was Philips is requiring a signed "Friends of Hue" agreement before they will allow their bridge to pair with other bulb brands. Not sure what all the program entails, but apparently Sylvania bowed up and refused to sign the agreement.

Here is what OSRAM has to say on their FAQ page:

Is LIGHTIFY compatible with other systems?

Philips Hue compatibility:

With one of the latest Philips Hue Bridge Update releases the possible integration of lamps and luminaires of OSRAM LIGHTIFY products were inhibited. The compatibility with LIGHTIFY products was unfortunately no longer available and the LIGHTIFY lamps and luminaires could no longer be integrated into the Philips Hue System. Philips further stated, that Tunable White only products are no longer compatible with the Philips Hue system. Philips has announced to revoke this Update and grant the implementation of other brand products again. For more information regarding the Philips Hue System please visit the Philips Hue FAQ page.

OSRAM LIGHTIFY clearly wishes to provide a flexible and safe open software system with enhanced compatibility options in the future. By joining the Friends of Hue program and accepting the demanded conditions our aim would no longer be supported and realized.

I'm not sure how old that webpage is, it may be outdated. I've read a few reports of UK users getting them to pair, but I've haven't heard of anyone in the US being able to pair any OSRAM bulb to the Hue bridge.

--Barry

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    Lightify Silvania in the US differs from EU models. I know in the past EU versions could pair with Philips bridges, but US versions would not pair.
    I do not know if the current Smart+ lights will pair. Their advertisments suggest it should work now: https://smartplus.ledvance.com/

Leave a comment:

• logman
    replied
    The Philips bridge will not pair with OSRAM/LEDVANCE lights.

--Barry

Leave a comment:

• Philips Hue Hub + Sylvania (Lightify & Smart+) ... please share your experiences

I have about $1k invested in my RGB lighting automation: Sylvania LEDs (OSRAM Lightify & LEDVANCE Smart+), Conbee, JowiHue.

JowiHue & deConz aren't working properly together in several ways... so wondering if Sylvania LEDs + Hue Hub + JowiHue will work properly?

Hoping people may have experience with these and/or just the Philips Hub with Sylvania LEDs?

thx for the help!

Working...
X