Dimmable lights problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimmable lights problem

Today we got a Hue starter kit and 3 bulbs, all the bulbs are dimmable white bulbs (all LWB010)
    We've installed the JowiHue plugin and have the lights and groups in Homeseer.

However, we have a problem.

None of the lights appear to be dimmable ie there are no slider bars for the lamps (the groups have them though) When I look at the configuration of the bulbs, the dimmable check box is not selectable and on the advanced tab, the dimmable field is “False”.

Surely this can’t be right!

Please can someone point me in the right direction.

Jez,

That is not right for sure. There is an issue with lights that are not yet in the database of the plugin with the current version. The plugin assumes it is a plug instead of a light.
    In the beta section of the manage plugins page you will find the latest beta of the plugin. You can install this version, it is the release candidate. This one solves the issue and will correct your devices.

Thanks,,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi Wim

That worked perfectly once we hit the “Rebuild Device Values” button on the JowiHue tab for each light. Thanks so much for your help and speedy response.

Jez

Comment

I just noticed that several of my all of my lights (LCT001 & LWB006) don't have the "is dimmable" box checked. I tried to "rebuild device values" and import the JowiHueImports.xml again and that didn't work. Any suggestions? I'm also running v2.0.3.2 of the plugin.

Comment

Philip,

Do you have the dimmer sliders on the device? And do these work?

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Yes, the dimmer sliders do work on the device. However, when I have the values set on the device for any of my Philips Hue lights from a script it sets the value correctly, but the command isn't executed automatically. If I click on the slider it sends the value to light and it's executed.

I thought the problem might be related to the fact that none of my bulbs are checked "is dimmable". Now, I can update the values on a zwave device from a script and those devices changes immediately, but none of the zigbee devices do this and require me to click on the slider in that device. I've tried to change from a slider to a pulldown and that didn't work either.

Comment

Which scripting function do you use? I rechecked several of the scripting functions of the plugin, but so far all are working? The ones I rechecked so far are
              • SetLightsHueSat
              • SetLightsKelvin
              • IncreaseLevel
              All work normally so far for brightness? Could you post a bit more on the script used?

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

Thanks Wim - I figured it out. I was only updating the device and that didn't work so I just modified it to send a CAPI Control and that worked.

Comment

Sounds good. But also check the plugin's scripting commands, I think they have a lot of possibilities.
                  -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                  X