Tracking a light in the log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tracking a light in the log

I have a Hue Bloom in my Living Room that is staying on (or turning on) when it shouldn't. I am trying to trace it in the homeseer log and noticed that there are no entries in the log to show it going on or off. In the device configuration the Log option is unchecked, i.e. DO log this device. How can I trace the activity of this particular light? Thanks.

Simon,

If the device logging does not occur, then I suppose the device is not set off. Are you seeing the event trigger in the log? Or did you disable the logging of those events? You can select the events adressing the device by using the last checklist in the events page.
    Most important I guess is to know that the events that are used to switch on/off the light are triggering indeed?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I ran a few tests. Clicking On or Off on the hue bulb device produces a log entry.

When called through an event I get an entry in the log for the event but nothing for the devices.

The event that turns the light on calls a scene. The event that turns the light off uses the switch off command.

So it is a little difficult to figure out why this light is on at the wrong times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok, you are using the JowiHue actions here. Indeed the plugin does not log activating a scene standard, it does this only for animations. If you enable the debug loggin in the configuration of the plugin you should see the scene being activated in the log, but also other lines will be logged.

I can enable loggin a line when a jowiaction is performed in the new version that is upcomming. I am expecting next week for that?
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Ok, as luck would have it the light has not been on when it shouldn't be on for a couple of days. So I will wait and see if it happens again, and if it does I will turn on the debug logging and then see what happens. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X