X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nunoary View Post
    The router device is Xiaomi?
    My router is a Sylvania Smart Plug.

If it is, it is normal for you not to see the lines on this device ... the reason the network lines aren't visually populated is that the requests to Xiaomi router devices have been drastically reduced to not bring them in some error state...see this link

https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...in/issues/1247

From my experience, you have to have several routers spread ... I have 16 and I need more, things are better now. But I do not care, I get all the automated equipment and comparing the prices and frequencies of these with the Z-Wave, it's worth it in my opinion. I also do not have a big house, 130 m2.
    Your house is 50sqft bigger than mine. You have 16 routers? Are your routers AC devices or are they just routers?
    How far apart are your routers?
    What brand are your routers?
    I would think a house o this size wouldn't need more than 4 or 5 routers.

I think it will still get better when the problems that still exist are solved in the application deconz.

Maybe I should send back the Sylvania Smart Plug and try something different. At this point I really just want to use battery sensors. I didn't see any Xiaomi smart plugs for the USA on their site. The only device I seen AC powered is bulbs and switches. How well does the TradFri signal repeater work?

Thanks Everyone
    Jim

Comment

Jim,

As I said before, the Xiaomi devices can be a bit stubborn in their bindings. They 'hang on' to their preferred routers. But do not worry, it will correct over time. That can be hours or days, or several reboots. Zigbee protocol is made to be independant, you cannot 'control' the routes or 'correct' them. They will find their own way.
      Once you made sure routers are in place relatively, set it and forget it. Signal strength is looking good there. Higher then 255 it will not get and for end devices you will often see the 0 value as deCONZ does not send signals to the enddevices, other then configuration commands. The plug is an almost perfect signa back and forthl, nothing to worry about.

Just make sure to be aware of the distances between routers and enddevices... You should be good now

-- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
        Jim,

As I said before, the Xiaomi devices can be a bit stubborn in their bindings. They 'hang on' to their preferred routers. But do not worry, it will correct over time. That can be hours or days, or several reboots. Zigbee protocol is made to be independant, you cannot 'control' the routes or 'correct' them. They will find their own way.
        Once you made sure routers are in place relatively, set it and forget it. Signal strength is looking good there. Higher then 255 it will not get and for end devices you will often see the 0 value as deCONZ does not send signals to the enddevices, other then configuration commands. The plug is an almost perfect signa back and forthl, nothing to worry about.

Just make sure to be aware of the distances between routers and enddevices... You should be good now
        Sounds good. I'll keep the Sylvania plug for now. The plug is about 15 feet from the PC. No walls. From the plug to the temp sensor and water sensor in bedroom is about 20 to 25 feet. 1 or 2 walls. From the PC to the sensors in the bedroom have 3 to 4 walls. The temp sensor will stop and then start. Just purchased the Plug-in.

Thanks
        Jim

Comment

And thank you for the trust...
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
            And thank you for the trust...
            Your Wecome. Thanks for a great Plug-in.

Comment

Working...
            X