Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bug] Preset Color values auto-change or don't work

w.vuyk

Maybe I'm missing something but looks like JH Color value inputs (text inputs) don't work properly -- and they are difficult to use.

Q: Why cant you use inputs that follow the same standards all other sites/calculators use? ... the most comprehensive site I found is http://colorizer.org/ and all other sites use the same values to compute colors.

Jowi uses Hue range 0 to 65500 -- all sites use 0 to 360
    Jowi uses X Y range 0 to 1 -- all sites use 0 to 100

... none of the 20 sitesI found use values the way JH does.

Jowi shows "RGB" but there is no way to input it (see screenshot) until after you fill in XY, but then JH has problems there too...

Examples.:
    51,51,255 works
    255,0,0 works
    0,191,255 works
    0,153,76 (JH changes to 255, 255, 131)
    0,0,205 and 0,0,128 and 0,0,255 (JH changes to 255,0,255) ... I'm sure many more do also

When manually entering HEX values, they 'stay' in the field -- but physical LED color doesn't change. Even when the entered HEX value is the same as the RGB values that work! The entered HEX values stays lowercase, they not changing to uppercase like when you change the RGB value and it calcs the Hex automatically. I dont think the field it really being 'input' into JH.
    8A2BE2
    5F9EA0
    00FF7F

Attached Files

Ltek,

I have tried to change the colorpicker to accept a manual input, but it just won't work. This is not working from the manage devices page also. I am afraid I cannot change this as it a HS jsquery object, that appearently won't accept manual input. What does work is manually adding the value and then opening the color picker and subsequently pressing OK. It needs the OK to send the action.

I will check why the RGB field is empty until you will put in usable values in the x and y values. There are also error lines in the log if you do this. Should get solved in the next version..

On the RGb values changing after inputting them, lease reread my earlier post from the other thread? Due to the recalculations needed to show the correct Gamut for the lights capability RGB values have to change to prevent certain brands of lights from stalling.

As for you not finding the sites explaining the values JowiHue is using, try the philips developers sites and the dresden electronics sites as these are the gateways this plugin is supporting? As you already see when inputting RGB, the conversion can be confusing. Adding more conversion is adding more fuzz.
    In Randy's post earlier you will find the Hue scale as the plugin is following, left side on that scale is 0, the right side is 65535. The colors in between have a value in between, which best can be set by eyeballing, but that is really repeating the discussion earlier.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
    650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Wim,
      What I'm asking is HOW can your plugin users SEE what colors we should get using YOUR plugin since no-other standard, app or web site uses the values you use. I cant find any way (other than guessing and trial/error) to actually see colors onscreen for the XY / Hue values your app expects. All other apps use different Hue/ XY value scales.

If you used standard values, like every other app I can find, then it would be easy.

Comment

I have submitted a new version to HST today, which should re-enable the RGB box in an initial preset using HUE and CIE Colorspace settings.. This should solve the RGB issue for presets.

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
        650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
        X