Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error in logs

I am seeing tons of these in my logs.
    Error: (UpdateGroupDevice)::Attempted to access a missing member.
    This could be due to me having 3 bulbs registered on the hub and only 2 active.
    If that is the case, how can I leave the 3rd bulb registered and not reachable, ie disable it and get rid of these errors as I see them every 3 seconds?

I checked the code here, but cannot really think of a reason why this is happening. It might be caused by the missing bulb. Are you using a Philips Hue bridge or a deCONZ gateway?

What you could do is check the groups on the bridge with the Bridge Maintenance page of the plugin. Check the groups if the missin bulb is included in one of the groups. Here you can edit the group and remove the missing bulb from the group, or if this does not work, remove the group completely fro the bridge. If this work, the errors should stop geng logged.

Let me know if this works?
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Will give it a shot when I get home in and hour.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

this image might help you on the way... make sure to check the log for errors if it does not work?
        Attached Files
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

I tried to do that, but apparently, I have something misconfigured somewhere as all i see is this.
          it is a philips hue bridge gen 2. Any ideas would be appreciated?

Comment

There is nothing below the Philips hue tab? there should be arrows show with lights, groups and/or sensors? Are there any error lines in the log while this page is open?
            -- Wim

Comment

Nope, nothing, I enabled the logging and then went back to the tab and saw this the homeseer log
              Feb-27 15:23:59 JowiHue Error: (BuildBridgeTab)::web Maintenance:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Comment

Can you recreate the log, by setting the trace options detailed trace and log to file and then restarting the plugin? then wait until the "Error: (UpdateGroupDevice)::Attempted to access a missing member." occurs. then go to the Bridge maintenance page and check if the issue with BuildBridgeTab occurs.
                then disable the trace, including log to file and send me the log located in the \Logs\JowiHue.log?

Send the log to w dot vuyk at upcmail dot com?

Thanks,

Wim
                -- Wim

Comment

Yep did it.

Comment

I am currently having this same error and problem (no info under “bridge maintenance” screens), and Error showing “object reference not set to an instance of an object.” Was there any solution to this?

Comment

Never mind, my issue was apparently directly related to the latest issue with Phillips updating the company name in the Hue hub update. I applied the beta version to get the fix, and it’s working again.

Comment

Originally posted by mark.murray@shaw.ca View Post
                        Never mind, my issue was apparently directly related to the latest issue with Phillips updating the company name in the Hue hub update. I applied the beta version to get the fix, and it’s working again.
                        how did you fix this issue? i just started getting it

Comment

Mine was caused because I had not registered the hue hub with the hue app, I used it without it. One I registered it with the app, the errors went away

Comment

Originally posted by marcusone View Post

how did you fix this issue? i just started getting it
                            marcusone

Philips has updated their bridges this month. This is including a name change to Signify. Check this thread for it?
                            -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                            X