Jiawen ZigBee E27 Bulb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jiawen ZigBee E27 Bulb

So I picked up 2 of these lights from Gearbest for around $22.00 each to give them a try and so far I'm impressed. They physically look identical to Philips Hue E27s and appear to be of good quality. They are ZigBee Light Link HA1.2 and RoHS compliant. The are not however UL listed (that I can find), so if that is a concern for you then you might want to wait until they receive UL approval.

I joined them to deCONZ using the Phoscon app, which immediately found and recognized them. The lights are acting as strong repeaters for the network, though maybe not quite as strong as the Hue equivalents. JowiHue had no problems recognizing them, importing them into Homeseer and controlling them. Whites and Color control appear to be on par with Hue bulbs and they respond quickly to change commands.

The light output of these bulbs is very impressive. The colors appear to be very accurate and rich, much better than Osram/Sylvania and Sengled bulbs. In fact they appear to me to be just as good as the Philips Hue bulbs. I haven't done extensive testing with them yet, but so far so good.

The Jiawens can also be joined to and controlled by a Philips bridge, but I haven't tried that feature yet. I'm also not sure if they would work within a Hue "Entertainment Area". My guess is no, but I haven't tested to confirm.

Again, these are all just initial impressions. Yet to be tested is how well they work and "blend in" when mixed with Hue bulbs in scenes and animations. Also unknown is useful bulb life and how well they work in outdoor conditions.

What I do know is for a half-priced alternative to Hue, they are definitely worth taking a look at. I've ordered a dozen more and also a dozen of their BR30 type recessed bulb to try some projects with.

--Barry

hmmm might try this one myself too
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Talked me into it, just ordered 4.

Can they be linked to all change color in unison via the same animation?

Comment

Originally posted by mikepetro View Post
        Talked me into it, just ordered 4.

Can they be linked to all change color in unison via the same animation?
        Yes, I put the 2 I have into the same group and JowiHue controls them simultaneously without issue. So far I have no complaints with them.

--Barry

Comment

Barry,

Still happy with these bulbs?
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Yea, I'm still happy with them. The colors are not quite as pure as Philips Hue bulbs, but they are considerably better than Sylvania/OSRAM bulbs. They are good strong repeaters too, which to me is important. For almost half the price they are definitely worth taking a look at.

--Barry

Comment

Great! Will be ordering a few soon then
              -- Wim

Comment

Ok, so I have 3 of these in one room, what is the best way to link them together so that all 3 are in sync if I hit "color loop".

I havent event started playing with animations yet.

Comment

Mike,

Group them in a group through the bridge maintenance page. Thsi will create a group device, which you can control just like individual devices, with the difference that the bulbs will respond synchronised. This should also work for the colour loop.

Did you know that you can configure the speed of the color loop on a deCONZ gateway? By using the JowiHue action "Set Light" you will see the option to set the speed. This way you can adjust to very vast or very slow as you like it. This is not possible on the Philips Hue bridges.

Wim
                  Attached Files
                  -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                  X