JowiHue plug-in is increasing HS3 memory usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JowiHue plug-in is increasing HS3 memory usage

I use this plug-in for a few weeks, it is working great.
    But it is increasy the HS3 memory, in a week it is over 1 GB!!!
    My system is on linux, bdickhaus you are a expert on linux
    Do you or anyone elso nows a trick to solve this problem?

Regards Paul.
    This is my system:
    ​​​​​​​Current Date/Time: 9-4-2019 19:42:59
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.500
    Linux version: Linux BRIX-HS3 4.10.0-28-generic #32~16.04.2-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jul 20 10:19:48 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 1 Day 4 Hours 39 Minutes 12 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.178.74
    Number of Devices: 543
    Number of Events: 239
    Available Threads: 399
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 1
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.28.0: BLOccupied
    3.0.0.5: CM15A
    0.0.0.23: DoorBird
    2.0.3.1: JowiHue
    3.1.0.13: MeiHarmonyHub
    3.0.0.14: NetCAM
    3.0.0.14: P1
    0.0.0.45: Pushover 3P
    3.1.0.28: Sonos
    1.0.2.0: SurveillanceStation
    3.0.1.252: Z-Wave

Is it 1GB for all the HS3 processes, or just for HSConsole? My system runs at around 1GB total for all HS3 processes, with about 525MB for HSConsole and 110M for JowiHue. I'm running JowiHue with three bridges (two RaspBee's and one Hue). Which version of mono are you running?

Comment

I see only one memory, see screenshot. It is now after 3 days 461MB, normaly it stays aroound 200MB
      See screenshot.
      My mono = Mono JIT compiler version 5.4.1.6

Comment

I just looked at my system, and it is creeping up too. After 7 days it is up to almost 650M. Is JowiHue the only change you have made to your system? It will be difficult for me to disable it to verify whether it is or is not the cause of the memory increase. And the memory increase is in HS3 itself, not in the plugin process.

Comment

I have done some test, disable the JowiHue plug-in stopped increasing the memory.
          When disabled de JowiHue plugin the HS3 memory is almost stable it,s crowing with a few MB’s a day.
          When the JowiHue plugin is enabled it is crowing with 150MB a day
          After 6,5 days it is over 1GB!!!!

Comment

It does seem like there is a memory leak somewhere. But memory leaks in the main HS3 process that appear to be caused by a plugin are difficult to troubleshoot.

My main HS3 system crashed in the middle of a system update and will not boot up. So I will be focusing on that for now. Meanwhile I have to remember where the light switches are.

Comment

So we are all on linux?

Comment

Yes, and I think all some flavor of Ubuntu, and not Raspbian.

I do have an RPi3 at another location. It only has a few lights and sensors, all Hue on a Hue hub. There is also a deCONZ hub (RaspBee) but so far it has nothing on it. My plan was to migrate the Hue stuff over and add a bunch of Xiaomi sensors, but I haven't done it yet. I do not yet see a significant memory change there. And it does not take much of a memory leak to kill HS3 on an RPi. I will keep an eye on it.

Comment

I hope there comes a fix soon!
                  So the HS3 system will be stable again soon (with the JowiHue plug-in enabled)

Comment

rjh and w.vuyk
                    Is there comming a solution for this BUG?

Comment

Paul, I do not know what the issue is here. As noted before, it is difficult to troubleshoot and to decide where the issue lies, HS or JowiHue. So far I do not see much of a starting point where to search for?
                      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I had this exact same thing happen with with a factory Hometroller S6 running Win10. Wim tried to help me troubleshoot it but to no avail. In the end, I rebuilt my system using Win7 and the problems went away. I can't speak for the Linux versions. Perhaps its an issue related to the specific environment that Homeseer is running on as opposed to the Plug-In itself. That was my take-away from my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by garciacg View Post
                          I had this exact same thing happen with with a factory Hometroller S6 running Win10. Wim tried to help me troubleshoot it but to no avail. In the end, I rebuilt my system using Win7 and the problems went away. I can't speak for the Linux versions. Perhaps its an issue related to the specific environment that Homeseer is running on as opposed to the Plug-In itself. That was my take-away from my experience.
                          I hope de memory issue is gone when the HUE plug-in is built in HS4 (I run HS3 on a BRIX (SEL) with 16.04.2-Ubuntu)

Comment

I have update my mono to the latest stable version, and the leak is gone
                            (Mono 6.4.0.198)

Comment

That is great news Paul. Also heard that there was some memory leaks in Mono, but it was unclear how this was triggered. Glad to know it is solved now
                              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
                              X