Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group status not updating after latest update

Hi,

After the latest update (2.0.3.2) Groups started acting weird. I see another thread related to DeCONZ groups issue is fixed with the latest update but it think it breaks regular Hue groups.

Here's the issue,

I have a Hue Dimmer Switch which controls the Family Room. This is configured to control Family Room directly from Hue app. Not triggering any event on HomeSeer. When I turn it on, It turns on 3 Lights (Desk, Ceiling and TV) and Family Room Group as well. No issues here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 8.36.15 AM.png
Views:	239
Size:	395.8 KB
ID:	1299540
    When I turn it off from the dimmer switch, this time it turns off the lights (Desk, Ceiling and TV) but keeps Family Room Group ON. Not turning the Group off. Please see below.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 8.36.34 AM.png
Views:	201
Size:	427.0 KB
ID:	1299541

I believe this is not related to Dimmer Switch because I also have 1 Room (Hallway) with 1 Light. If I turn the Hallway Group ON or OFF, light is updating as expected. No problem. If I turn on the Light, Hallway Group turns on by itself, still no issue. BUT if I turn off the light, Hallway Group stays ON.

When I revert back to version 2.0.3.1 everything works as expected. Not sure but I think DeCONZ groups fix may cause this issue with the latest update.

I hope I explained it clearly. I can provide more information if needed.

Thanks,
    Kaan

Will check on this and correct it with the next update
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I see something similar. All light of a group are off and the group itself is on.

Comment

The off is never set on the group device, common for all group devices at this point. I found the issue here. Will be solved in the next release. The next release will take some time though...

Thanks for letting me know!

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

I think this is not fixed in latest . This is somewhat frustrating .

ex: The jowihue group ''dekstop'' is part of '' my hallway group of light i created.

when I restart hs3. It takes me 3 on/off before the jowihue turn on and off with the rest of the hallway lights.
          if they were open they just tsay on when i turn all the lights of the hallway off.

This issue is happening with the 3 groups i have here.

the groups are not in sync with the api value i guess.

Comment

I rechecked here and groups are updating fine for me. Is it possible that one light in the group is not on - because in that case the group will not be set to on...

Maybe try to explain how the groups share their lights?
            -- Wim

Comment

Ok will do a dedicated thread tomorow

Comment

+1 on this. It's a hit and miss if the group is updated depending on whether a unit is turned on or off, or if it's a group within a group that is being toggled. Not implemented as reliable as the status is shown in DeConz/Phoscon or Hue Essentials
                ​​
                Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                I think this is not fixed in latest . This is somewhat frustrating .

ex: The jowihue group ''dekstop'' is part of '' my hallway group of light i created.

when I restart hs3. It takes me 3 on/off before the jowihue turn on and off with the rest of the hallway lights.
                if they were open they just tsay on when i turn all the lights of the hallway off.

This issue is happening with the 3 groups i have here.

the groups are not in sync with the api value i guess.

Comment

I wonder what i am missing then? Here my groups are responsive. Maybe you both are using a different setup of groups? Would love to see some details here?
                  -- Wim

Comment

Sorry. Will do a thread about it soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X