Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

colour loop doesn;t work anymore

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • colour loop doesn;t work anymore

    Since a couple of updates ago the button "colour loop" does not work as it should.

    any thoughts how to fix this or am i the only one with this problem?

  • #2
    Colour loop works fine for my Philips Hue lights.

    Comment


    • #3
      Here the color loop works for deCONZ and Hue bridge. Do you have more details on how you are triggering the color loops?

      Wim
      -- Wim

      Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
      650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
        Here the color loop works for deCONZ and Hue bridge. Do you have more details on how you are triggering the color loops?

        Wim
        I just hit the button "colour loop" for all lights (bloom)
        Click image for larger version

Name:	loop.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	1300081

        Comment


        • #5
          I tested it again and it only changes from white to warmwhite to greenwhite and so on. so no red blue etc

          Comment


          • #6
            mine works but if you are running it none of the animations will work unless you turn it off first? so may have to drop back a few versions

            Comment


            • #7
              ok spoke too soon now it doesn't work? it quit after updating to .531 from .520 or it may have been first restart since I updated JowiHue from 2.0.2.8?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by usLEDsupply View Post
                ok spoke too soon now it doesn't work? it quit after updating to .531 from .520 or it may have been first restart since I updated JowiHue from 2.0.2.8?
                So, it doens't work anymore?
                That means i am not the only one

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by akatar View Post
                  I tested it again and it only changes from white to warmwhite to greenwhite and so on. so no red blue etc
                  So there is a loop going there. The command to the bridge /gateway is working. The issue is that the colourloop is handled internally by the bridge/gateway. So I would not expect the version of HomeSeer used would be of any influence. If the light changes color, it is send. if the colors are not as expected, the firmware of the bridge might be of influence here?
                  Also quality of the colors is very dependend on the brand of the bulbs used?
                  What is de bridge you are using, and what brand of bulbs are used??

                  Wim
                  -- Wim

                  Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
                  650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post

                    So there is a loop going there. The command to the bridge /gateway is working. The issue is that the colourloop is handled internally by the bridge/gateway. So I would not expect the version of HomeSeer used would be of any influence. If the light changes color, it is send. if the colors are not as expected, the firmware of the bridge might be of influence here?
                    Also quality of the colors is very dependend on the brand of the bulbs used?
                    What is de bridge you are using, and what brand of bulbs are used??

                    Wim
                    i am using the new version of the bridge (the square one) running the last bridge update.
                    The bulb are Original philips blooms.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I don't know what to do here. the bridge is responding to the color mode command appearantly, but the bloom seems to respond wrong on it?
                      I have one bloom here and it responds fine on the colorloop. Both through deCONZ and the Gen2 bridge from Philips.

                      When setting colors bij hand or with scenes, do the blooms respond normally?
                      -- Wim

                      Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
                      650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by akatar View Post

                        i am using the new version of the bridge (the square one) running the last bridge update.
                        The bulb are Original philips blooms.
                        You might try using the Hue phone app to see if there is a firmware update available for the blooms. Go to settings >software update and then check the version. I show the latest version available is LLC011| 5.127.1.26581. The Blooms, Beyond Table Lamps and Strip Lights are different animals and use different firmware than what the regular color bulbs use. I noticed a significant improvement in how the blooms and light strips responded to color changes when I updated to the latest firmware a few weeks ago.

                        Also, I don't know how old your bloom lights are, but they are only rated at 12,000 hours of life expectancy. That is 500 days if left on 24/7. Could be the lights are approaching end-of-life?

                        --Barry

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          mine has appeared to start working again (except for animations while in color loop) but i didn't change anything other than restarting app (i am running the original round bridge and hue bulbs and haven't updated firmware in many years)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            well, it is solved.
                            I set the colour to red and then to blue. both worked.
                            Then i tried colour loop and all colours are working again….. no idea why… but it's working again

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X