Zigbee Extender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by logman View Post
    I have good luck with these SmartThings outlets... They pair well with deCONZ and they are strong repeaters. Plus you can get dual use as a switched outlet when needed. Also, any Philips Hue bulb is an excellent repeater. Simply by their location (high and center of a room), bulbs are hard to beat as repeaters. Note however not every brand acts as a repeater (such as Sengled) and some are weak repeaters (such as OSRAM).

--Barry
    If desired, could you place two devices in a single double outlet or are they too big?

Comment

The new style that I linked to are smaller and allow full access to the other plug. I'm looking at one right now in my office that is plugged into the bottom outlet and I can still see the center screw that holds the wall plate on (see pic below). They also have an on/off button on the side so that you can use them manually if you want too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190424_150142.jpg
Views:	1034
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	1301030

--Barry

Comment

Originally posted by logman View Post
        The new style that I linked to are smaller and allow full access to the other plug. I'm looking at one right now in my office that is plugged into the bottom outlet and I can still see the center screw that holds the wall plate on (see pic below). They also have an on/off button on the side so that you can use them manually if you want too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190424_150142.jpg
Views:	1034
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	1301030

--Barry
        Thanks Barry, appreciate the update.

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
          So considering the Xiaomi devices are already deployed and I deployed them from one spot in the house, not where they currently are.

What would be my plan to get them routing properly?

1) Put in the repeaters
          2) Delete the Xiaomi devices that are not or have problems communicating, then add them back?

I would rather not take them out of Homeseer if possible. Is there a way to remove them from the RPi3 with RaspBee, add them back where they always are and still associate them with the current HS3 devices?

Thanks,

Jim
          The method describes is correct, removing the device from deCONZ with the plugin disabled.. Do not remove the devices from Homeseer, the plugin will find the devices. The sad result though is that the devices will also be renamed.
          You can also try the next few steps, which should be easier to do and also preserve the name in HomeSeer and deCONZ:

1. Go to the configuration page of the plugin and press the scan for devices button.
          2. on the sensor (at the right position inside the house) press the reset button (mostly the small button on the device) for 5 seonds untill you see a blue light blinking,
          3. deCONZ will start reading the device as if was new.
          4, At this point you will see the connection line (if needed) between the xiaomi device and its router change.

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post

You can also try the next few steps, which should be easier to do and also preserve the name in HomeSeer and deCONZ:

1. Go to the configuration page of the plugin and press the scan for devices button.
            2. on the sensor (at the right position inside the house) press the reset button (mostly the small button on the device) for 5 seonds untill you see a blue light blinking,
            3. deCONZ will start reading the device as if was new.
            4, At this point you will see the connection line (if needed) between the xiaomi device and its router change.

Wim
            So in your method I don't delete the devices, just basically have the device pair again and that will preserve the names/devices as is in HomeSeer and deCONZ?

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Jim,

Yes. Even when deleting a device in deCONZ and re-adding should still work for the plugin and reusing the same device. Also, when you have multiple bridges and moving devices between them should be no problem for the plugin, although naming does not always stick then.

Wim
              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                Jim,

Yes. Even when deleting a device in deCONZ and re-adding should still work for the plugin and reusing the same device. Also, when you have multiple bridges and moving devices between them should be no problem for the plugin, although naming does not always stick then.

Wim
                Thanks Wim for the reply.

I just picked up a few of the TRÅDFRI Signal repeaters today at Ikea. Tried joining it via Phoscon as a light and also from the JowiHue plugin. No success. Anyone have the correct way? Should I see the repeater on Phoscon or JowiHue?

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Thanks Wim for the reply.

I just picked up a few of the TRÅDFRI Signal repeaters today at Ikea. Tried joining it via Phoscon as a light and also from the JowiHue plugin. No success. Anyone have the correct way? Should I see the repeater on Phoscon or JowiHue?

Thanks,

Jim
                  Take a look in this thread. I had the same issue...

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...o-deconz/page3

Robert
                  HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post

Take a look in this thread. I had the same issue...

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...o-deconz/page3

Robert
                    I have tried many methods from the link you sent, GitHub, nothing works.

I tried:

1) Clicked add new lights on Phoscon.
                    2) Reset the TRÅDFRI Signal repeater holding pin for over 5 seconds.
                    3) Wait a few seconds unplug it for 5+seconds.

After plugging it back in the white light pulsates, a slow bright/dim sequence.

If I try this:

3) Once released the light blinks once,
                    4) After a couple seconds pulsates, a quick bright/dim sequence 4 times.
                    5) After that goes solid white.

It never shows up on the Phoscon light page or in Jowihue.

I have the deCONZ software for Windows. Can it connect from a Windows machine to the RPi3 over the LAN?

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

I don't think they show up in Phoscon. Run deconz - you should see them there. I don't think they show up in the plugin either. Sorry not anywhere near my system now. .
                      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                        I don't think they show up in Phoscon. Run deconz - you should see them there. I don't think they show up I the plugin either. Sorry not anywhere near my system now. .
                        I tried running deCONZ remotely connecting over LAN, does not find the RPi3, is that even possible?

Does the light sequence I described mean it is paired?

3) Once released the light blinks once,
                        4) After a couple seconds pulsates, a quick bright/dim sequence 4 times.
                        5) After that goes solid white.
                        Sorry to be a pain but without any known confirmation via a Phoscon, JowiHue or a light sequence, I have no idea if it actually worked.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

I run deconz as a fire daemon service on my win 2k16 server. The problem with this is that I cannot see the connection map unless I stop the service and run it manually. Saying that, you can only have one instance of deconz running at a time. This might also be relevant in your case as well. .

Comment

I tried running deCONZ remotely connecting over LAN, does not find the RPi3, is that even possible?

Does the light sequence I described mean it is paired?

Sorry to be a pain but without any known confirmation via a Phoscon, JowiHue or a light sequence, I have no idea if it actually worked.

Thanks,

Jim
                            They dont show in Phoscon or Jowihue, but they do show in Deconz.

I added them by using "Permit Join" directly in Deconz.

See this thread where I spoke more in depth about it.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...kea-usb-router

Comment

Originally posted by mikepetro View Post

They dont show in Phoscon or Jowihue, but they do show in Deconz.

I added them by using "Permit Join" directly in Deconz.

See this thread where I spoke more in depth about it.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...kea-usb-router
                              Thanks for the info. I can't run deCONZ as I'm using a RaspBee on a RPi3 headless. Hoped I could install deCONZ on a Windows machine and connect over the LAN, that hasn't worked for me.

Can I assume by the light sequence I inscribed a few post ago that the repeaters are successfully joined?

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Honestly have no clue as the only way I ever got them join was through DeConz.
                                I couldnt get them to join any other way, tried Phoscon and Jowihue, neither did the trick.

Comment

Working...
                                X