No announcement yet.

Zigbee Extender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The repeaters from IKEA are not exposing anything to the REST API. So neither Phoscon or the JowiHue plugin can see this as a device. The repeaters are only visible in the deCONZ interface like mikepetro showed earlier.

AutomatedJim You are running deCONZ on the RPI3 I'd expect? You cannot connect to the RPI with VNC? As seeing the map deCONZ draws could confirm for you the repeaters are connected and also you culd see how the sensors are doing. With the LQI button set, you might even see where issues might arise? deCONZ always has to run locally to where the RaspBee or ConBee is connected as it communicates with the local devices.

Wim

-- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      The repeaters from IKEA are not exposing anything to the REST API. So neither Phoscon or the JowiHue plugin can see this as a device. The repeaters are only visible in the deCONZ interface like mikepetro showed earlier.

AutomatedJim You are running deCONZ on the RPI3 I'd expect? You cannot connect to the RPI with VNC? As seeing the map deCONZ draws could confirm for you the repeaters are connected and also you culd see how the sensors are doing. With the LQI button set, you might even see where issues might arise? deCONZ always has to run locally to where the RaspBee or ConBee is connected as it communicates with the local devices.

Wim
      Wim,

I setup the RPi without the desktop. Tried installing the desktop last night and VNC. I connect via VNC but to a blank desktop. So a bit of progress. I'll see if I can get the desktop to work, otherwise might rebuild on another RPi I have.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post

Wim,

I setup the RPi without the desktop. Tried installing the desktop last night and VNC. I connect via VNC but to a blank desktop. So a bit of progress. I'll see if I can get the desktop to work, otherwise might rebuild on another RPi I have.

Thanks,

Jim
        I finally figured out (google) how to setup the desktop on the RPi3 and VNC to see deCONZ map. All 3 of the repeaters were on the network.

w.vuyk Wim - I used your method which worked as described but I did have to rename them in HS3 which changed them in deCONZ too.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Comment

Jim, sadly it does need to be renamed. It is a bit of chicken and egg discussion how this happens. I am working on a future change that will change the setup of parent/child relation. I am hoping (not promising!) that somehow the plugin can still retain the name after a rescan of devices. Again, not sure if this is going to work yet.

But good to know you now can see the advantages of the deCONZ map Play with the LQI button, it will help you understand issues.

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
            Jim, sadly it does need to be renamed. It is a bit of chicken and egg discussion how this happens. I am working on a future change that will change the setup of parent/child relation. I am hoping (not promising!) that somehow the plugin can still retain the name after a rescan of devices. Again, not sure if this is going to work yet.

But good to know you now can see the advantages of the deCONZ map Play with the LQI button, it will help you understand issues.

Wim
            I look forward to the parent/child changes.

Comment

Thanks Wim for the reply.

I just picked up a few of the TRÅDFRI Signal repeaters today at Ikea. Tried joining it via Phoscon as a light and also from the JowiHue plugin. No success. Anyone have the correct way? Should I see the repeater on Phoscon or JowiHue?

Thanks,

Jim
              It works now in the latest release of deConz. v 2.05.70, it will add as a "light". But really there is nothing to control so the only value of adding it is to see that it is powered up and communicating to the gateway, but I can see it in deConz much better so I didnt bother.

. Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	48.9 KB ID:	1339579

Comment

So considering the Xiaomi devices are already deployed and I deployed them from one spot in the house, not where they currently are.

What would be my plan to get them routing properly?

1) Put in the repeaters
                2) Delete the Xiaomi devices that are not or have problems communicating, then add them back?

I would rather not take them out of Homeseer if possible. Is there a way to remove them from the RPi3 with RaspBee, add them back where they always are and still associate them with the current HS3 devices?

Thanks,

Jim
                What I have found is that now, 7 months later, the Xiaomi devices have routed properly as you would expect based on physical proximity/distance. I am not sure if it was just time, or the latest upgrade to deConz. v 2.05.70 but many of the original Xiaomi sensors have now routed through the TradFri USB repeaters.
                • The red circled devices are the TradFri repeaters.
                • The yellow highlighted Xiaomi sensors are now routing through the repeaters. Originally, and for months, they would only route through the Conbee GW.
                • The blue circled Xiaomi devices are truly closer to the Conbee than they they are to a repeater.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	646
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	1339593

Comment

Working...
                X