X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mikepetro
    replied
    Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
    Jim, sadly it does need to be renamed. It is a bit of chicken and egg discussion how this happens. I am working on a future change that will change the setup of parent/child relation. I am hoping (not promising!) that somehow the plugin can still retain the name after a rescan of devices. Again, not sure if this is going to work yet.

But good to know you now can see the advantages of the deCONZ map Play with the LQI button, it will help you understand issues.

Wim
    I look forward to the parent/child changes.

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    Jim, sadly it does need to be renamed. It is a bit of chicken and egg discussion how this happens. I am working on a future change that will change the setup of parent/child relation. I am hoping (not promising!) that somehow the plugin can still retain the name after a rescan of devices. Again, not sure if this is going to work yet.

But good to know you now can see the advantages of the deCONZ map Play with the LQI button, it will help you understand issues.

Wim

Leave a comment:

• AutomatedJim
    replied
    Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post

Wim,

I setup the RPi without the desktop. Tried installing the desktop last night and VNC. I connect via VNC but to a blank desktop. So a bit of progress. I'll see if I can get the desktop to work, otherwise might rebuild on another RPi I have.

Thanks,

Jim
    I finally figured out (google) how to setup the desktop on the RPi3 and VNC to see deCONZ map. All 3 of the repeaters were on the network.

w.vuyk Wim - I used your method which worked as described but I did have to rename them in HS3 which changed them in deCONZ too.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Leave a comment:

• AutomatedJim
    replied
    The repeaters from IKEA are not exposing anything to the REST API. So neither Phoscon or the JowiHue plugin can see this as a device. The repeaters are only visible in the deCONZ interface like mikepetro showed earlier.

AutomatedJim You are running deCONZ on the RPI3 I'd expect? You cannot connect to the RPI with VNC? As seeing the map deCONZ draws could confirm for you the repeaters are connected and also you culd see how the sensors are doing. With the LQI button set, you might even see where issues might arise? deCONZ always has to run locally to where the RaspBee or ConBee is connected as it communicates with the local devices.

Wim
    Wim,

I setup the RPi without the desktop. Tried installing the desktop last night and VNC. I connect via VNC but to a blank desktop. So a bit of progress. I'll see if I can get the desktop to work, otherwise might rebuild on another RPi I have.

Thanks,

Jim

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    The repeaters from IKEA are not exposing anything to the REST API. So neither Phoscon or the JowiHue plugin can see this as a device. The repeaters are only visible in the deCONZ interface like mikepetro showed earlier.

AutomatedJim You are running deCONZ on the RPI3 I'd expect? You cannot connect to the RPI with VNC? As seeing the map deCONZ draws could confirm for you the repeaters are connected and also you culd see how the sensors are doing. With the LQI button set, you might even see where issues might arise? deCONZ always has to run locally to where the RaspBee or ConBee is connected as it communicates with the local devices.

Wim

Leave a comment:

• mikepetro
    replied
    Honestly have no clue as the only way I ever got them join was through DeConz.
    I couldnt get them to join any other way, tried Phoscon and Jowihue, neither did the trick.

Leave a comment:

• AutomatedJim
    replied
    Originally posted by mikepetro View Post

They dont show in Phoscon or Jowihue, but they do show in Deconz.

I added them by using "Permit Join" directly in Deconz.

See this thread where I spoke more in depth about it.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...kea-usb-router
    Thanks for the info. I can't run deCONZ as I'm using a RaspBee on a RPi3 headless. Hoped I could install deCONZ on a Windows machine and connect over the LAN, that hasn't worked for me.

Can I assume by the light sequence I inscribed a few post ago that the repeaters are successfully joined?

Thanks,

Jim

Leave a comment:

• mikepetro
    replied

I tried running deCONZ remotely connecting over LAN, does not find the RPi3, is that even possible?

Does the light sequence I described mean it is paired?

Sorry to be a pain but without any known confirmation via a Phoscon, JowiHue or a light sequence, I have no idea if it actually worked.

Thanks,

Jim
    They dont show in Phoscon or Jowihue, but they do show in Deconz.

I added them by using "Permit Join" directly in Deconz.

See this thread where I spoke more in depth about it.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...kea-usb-router

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    I run deconz as a fire daemon service on my win 2k16 server. The problem with this is that I cannot see the connection map unless I stop the service and run it manually. Saying that, you can only have one instance of deconz running at a time. This might also be relevant in your case as well. .

Leave a comment:

• AutomatedJim
    replied
    Originally posted by langenet View Post
    I don't think they show up in Phoscon. Run deconz - you should see them there. I don't think they show up I the plugin either. Sorry not anywhere near my system now. .
    I tried running deCONZ remotely connecting over LAN, does not find the RPi3, is that even possible?

Does the light sequence I described mean it is paired?

1) Clicked add new lights on Phoscon.
    2) Reset the TRÅDFRI Signal repeater holding pin for over 5 seconds.
    3) Once released the light blinks once,
    4) After a couple seconds pulsates, a quick bright/dim sequence 4 times.
    5) After that goes solid white.
    Sorry to be a pain but without any known confirmation via a Phoscon, JowiHue or a light sequence, I have no idea if it actually worked.

Thanks,

Jim

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    I don't think they show up in Phoscon. Run deconz - you should see them there. I don't think they show up in the plugin either. Sorry not anywhere near my system now. .

Leave a comment:

• AutomatedJim
    replied
    Originally posted by langenet View Post

Take a look in this thread. I had the same issue...

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...o-deconz/page3

Robert
    I have tried many methods from the link you sent, GitHub, nothing works.

I tried:

3) Wait a few seconds unplug it for 5+seconds.

After plugging it back in the white light pulsates, a slow bright/dim sequence.

If I try this:

3) Once released the light blinks once,
    4) After a couple seconds pulsates, a quick bright/dim sequence 4 times.
    5) After that goes solid white.

It never shows up on the Phoscon light page or in Jowihue.

I have the deCONZ software for Windows. Can it connect from a Windows machine to the RPi3 over the LAN?

Thanks,

Jim

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied

Thanks Wim for the reply.

I just picked up a few of the TRÅDFRI Signal repeaters today at Ikea. Tried joining it via Phoscon as a light and also from the JowiHue plugin. No success. Anyone have the correct way? Should I see the repeater on Phoscon or JowiHue?

Thanks,

Jim
    Take a look in this thread. I had the same issue...

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...o-deconz/page3

Robert

Leave a comment:

• AutomatedJim
    replied
    Jim,

Yes. Even when deleting a device in deCONZ and re-adding should still work for the plugin and reusing the same device. Also, when you have multiple bridges and moving devices between them should be no problem for the plugin, although naming does not always stick then.

Wim
    Thanks Wim for the reply.

I just picked up a few of the TRÅDFRI Signal repeaters today at Ikea. Tried joining it via Phoscon as a light and also from the JowiHue plugin. No success. Anyone have the correct way? Should I see the repeater on Phoscon or JowiHue?

Thanks,

Jim

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    Jim,

Yes. Even when deleting a device in deCONZ and re-adding should still work for the plugin and reusing the same device. Also, when you have multiple bridges and moving devices between them should be no problem for the plugin, although naming does not always stick then.

Wim

Leave a comment:

Working...
X