X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJJay
    replied
    Originally posted by tenholde View Post

There is NO cloud involved in this. Fast, reliable (once you get it going), and secure. If you wanted to use the vents to control zones based upon temperature, you could use any temperature sensor reporting to HS, and write events/scripts to automate vent control.
    Has anyone done this? I know on Smart Things they have some really cool third party apps that do this. Does this exist for HS3?

Leave a comment:

• tenholde
    replied
    Have requested change to be made by deCONZ. Apparently the standard is to report in half percentages, but the vent (like some other devices) do not follow this rule. They will make the change, so you should continue to report what deCONZ reports. Thanks for your help.

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    I've sent log via private message
    Ed,

If you check the properties of the devices, JowiHue tab, you will see the JSON the plugin is receiving from deCONZ. I am afraid it is alse reporting 26 in the battery field? Because in that case the devloper at github needs to adjust the percentage calculation, which can differ per device. The plugin reallhy only copies the battery field to the HS device.
    I can adjust it for the Keen devices, but I do think it should be done at the root here?

Wim

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

If you look at the network map in the OP, the two devices marked in yellow are keen hubs.

If they are NOT plugged in to the network, and you have deCONZ open for scanning and you reset the hub (little hole on back), deConz adds them as a router. Working great!
    Thanks for the info Ten!

Leave a comment:

• tenholde
    replied
    Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post

So there is no need for the Keen hub (once I get my ZigBee network stable, another thread) or app?

Thanks,

Jim
    That is correct. I'm not using the keen app, SmartThings, or the cloud. I do use the keen hubs, but only as dumb Zigbee repeaters.

Leave a comment:

• tenholde
    replied
    Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
    The keen hub can be seen as a router by deconz?
    If you look at the network map in the OP, the two devices marked in yellow are keen hubs.

If they are NOT plugged in to the network, and you have deCONZ open for scanning and you reset the hub (little hole on back), deConz adds them as a router. Working great!

Leave a comment:

• AutomatedJim
    replied
    The vents connect via Zigbee to a USB stick (ConBee) plugged in to my HS3 computer. the JowiHue plugin accesses info from the ConBee via REST. I totally control the vents via the HS devices created by the plugin.

The plugin creates the following devices for each vent: Light (setting vent level), Temperature, Pressure, and Battery. The Light device is used to open/close the vent. It is created as a light, because that is how the ConBee configures it. The Temperature updates, but is pretty meaningless as it is the temperature of the air coming from the vent, not the room temperature. The Pressure is not populating at all, which is okay by me. I would like to use the battery level, and it is being populated, but looks like there is a bug in getting the correct value. Could be ConBee issue.

There is NO cloud involved in this. Fast, reliable (once you get it going), and secure. If you wanted to use the vents to control zones based upon temperature, you could use any temperature sensor reporting to HS, and write events/scripts to automate vent control.

I do use the Keen hub as a repeater, and it works well that way. It is NOT connected to network.
    So there is no need for the Keen hub (once I get my ZigBee network stable, another thread) or app?

Thanks,

Jim

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The keen hub can be seen as a router by deconz?

Leave a comment:

• tenholde
    replied
    The vents connect via Zigbee to a USB stick (ConBee) plugged in to my HS3 computer. the JowiHue plugin accesses info from the ConBee via REST. I totally control the vents via the HS devices created by the plugin.

The plugin creates the following devices for each vent: Light (setting vent level), Temperature, Pressure, and Battery. The Light device is used to open/close the vent. It is created as a light, because that is how the ConBee configures it. The Temperature updates, but is pretty meaningless as it is the temperature of the air coming from the vent, not the room temperature. The Pressure is not populating at all, which is okay by me. I would like to use the battery level, and it is being populated, but looks like there is a bug in getting the correct value. Could be ConBee issue.

I do use the Keen hub as a repeater, and it works well that way. It is NOT connected to network.

Leave a comment:

• AutomatedJim
    replied
    I now have 10 Keen Vents working properly, with the exception of the battery readings. Where do you get the battery value? If I look in deCONZ, use the Power Configuration Cluster to read the attributes, I get different values that seem to be correct based upon when I replaced the batteries. If deCONZ says 100%, Jowi says 50%. If deCONZ says 75%, Jowi says 37%. If deConz says 50%, Jowi says 25%.

Is there some info I can send to you?

Click image for larger version

Name:	PowerCluster.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	1301975

Name:	HSbattteryDevices.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	1301976
    Totally off subject. Connecting the Keen vents to HS3 doesn't eliminate connecting to Keen app or cloud? You still need Keen to manage the balancing of airflow?

I already have a bunch Xiaomi temp/humidity sensors. I don't need the ones sold by Keen (same ones).

Thanks,

Jim

Leave a comment:

• tenholde
    replied
    I've sent log via private message

Leave a comment:

• tenholde
    started a topic Keen Vents Battery Reading Incorrect

Keen Vents Battery Reading Incorrect

I now have 10 Keen Vents working properly, with the exception of the battery readings. Where do you get the battery value? If I look in deCONZ, use the Power Configuration Cluster to read the attributes, I get different values that seem to be correct based upon when I replaced the batteries. If deCONZ says 100%, Jowi says 50%. If deCONZ says 75%, Jowi says 37%. If deConz says 50%, Jowi says 25%.

Is there some info I can send to you?

Name:	PowerCluster.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	1301975

Name:	HSbattteryDevices.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	1301976
Working...