Ssssllllloooooowwwww response, or perhaps no response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssssllllloooooowwwww response, or perhaps no response

I have the lastest version of homeseer and the hue plugin.

I can see the phillips hue motion sensor detects motion but when I ask it to turn the light on it doesnt.

my event is something like this:

1) motion detected time between sunset and 20:20 turn light on warm white 100% wait 10 mins then turn off
    2) motion detected time between 20:20 and sunrise turn light on warm white 40% wait 10 mins then turn off.

as I have said motion detected nothing happens.

I used same logic in my old vera and it worked really well very quick response to motion detection!

what am i doing wrong?

Can you post an image of the event and its conditions? As simple you describe this it may work, but in the details there might be something missing to correctly trigger the event.

The only thing that makes me doubt is the second condition you describe as last time I checked HS does not like conditions going to a new day (20:20 to sunrise is crossing that day boundery). This might have to be changed into two conditions: , 20:20 to 23:59 and another 00:00 to sunrise.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
    650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

You are most likely correct on timing. I changed the event to remove the timing part and it seems to work. I will change it again into 3 events to avoid the midnight issue.

If i were to use sunset to sunrise as the timing in number 2. Would the time parameters in 1 cause the light to go to bright?

Comment

That would depend on the season I guess Sunset now is way after 20:20 - at least here in Holland. But when sunset is before 20:20, it would depend wich event is last executed (in the same second) If 1 is excuted last, it would be set to 100%, but I am afraid this is random.
        Best would be to add an extra condition in to make sure the 2nd event is not executed before 20:20. But then you would still need another trigger (adding an OR in an event creates a new trigger) to make sure it still will run in the morning.

Event 1 can be this:

IF motion detected
        AND time is after sunset
        AND time is before 20:20
        THEN Set lights 100%

Event 2 would become this:

IF motion detected
        AND time is after 20:19
        AND time is after sunset

OR motion detected
        AND time is before sunrise
        THEN Set lights 40%

also, I would seperate the light off action from the on event:

IF motiondevice has been nomotion for (at least) 10 minutes
        AND lights is not equal to off
        THEN set lights off
        -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
        650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

ok will give that a try. Thanks.

Do you know any way of getting my motioneye software to trigger an event? I use a url to turn on a virtual motion sensor in vera. Can I use a url command to do the same in Homeseer? I have used the url command to trigger from homeseer to vera. but now want to do it the other way? At the moment just trying to keep costs down so avoiding buying too many plugins.

Comment

Originally posted by seamusharding View Post
            ok will give that a try. Thanks.

Do you know any way of getting my motioneye software to trigger an event? I use a url to turn on a virtual motion sensor in vera. Can I use a url command to do the same in Homeseer? I have used the url command to trigger from homeseer to vera. but now want to do it the other way? At the moment just trying to keep costs down so avoiding buying too many plugins.
            https://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3SD...ling_with_json

Comment

Perfect.

Thank you

Comment

Had a good read through. I am not an advanced user. so looked promisng but I think bit beyond my basic understanding

when I wanted to change the state of device "A" in vera to "on" I would type:

http://x.x.x.x:3480/data_request?id=...wTargetValue=1

Is there an similar command to type for homeseer?

Comment

This can be done in two ways. By value or by label.
                  /JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=###&value=#
                  /JSON?request=controldevicebylabel&ref=###&label=label

In the doc I posted search for the 'controldevicebyvalue' and you will have the docs for crafting the URL.

Comment

Thanks for you help. with curl needed:

http://X.X.X.X/"JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=009&value=0" for turning off device id 009

Comment

Working...
                    X