Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

deConz/ ConBee AND Philips Hue bridge on same system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deConz/ ConBee AND Philips Hue bridge on same system?

Hi,

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I am still new to Zigbee within Homeseer. I currently have a fully configured system using the Hue bridge and JowiHue and am happy with it. I am now interested in adding the Keen Vents to my house. I have read they will work with JowiHue with the ConBee as the interface. Assuming there is noway to get the vents working using the Hue bridge, I will need to have both interfaces on the same system. Will this cause problems with the plug-in? Is there a better way to approach this?

Thank you!

I have two deCONZ bridges (I'm using RaspBees, not ConBees) and a Hue bridge all managed by JowiHue. No issues. There might be a slight performance improvement if you set the Conbee to a channel other than the Hue bridge but you don't have to. The one issue you will probably run into is connecting the vents to the Conbee without adding some additional routers to the Conbee network. I ended up moving almost all my Hue devices over to deCONZ.

Bill

Comment

It is indeed deCONZ that is supporting the Keen Vents. Philips Hue bridges - as far I know = do not support them. As Bill is saying, you might need to have a router with the keen vent. But I do expect the Keen Vent will also perform as a single light device and might be a router in itself? Check the deCONZ interface once a Keen Vent is installed. I could help you check it.

You can mix any combination and number of Philips Hue bridges and deCONZ gateways (ConBee and RaspBee's) together with te JowiHue plugin. I am here using each flavor at the same time (3 gateways, one Philips Hue bridge, one ConBee II and one raspbee) without issues.

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thank you both for the great information! As far as the router is concerned, would the Keen Smart Bridge (https://keenhome.io/products/smart-bridge?rel=wizard) work for this? If not, is there a recommended router? Again, sorry if this is a dumb question, I am more familiar with Z-Wave devices/ networks.

Thank you!

Comment

I am using two keen smart bridges as routers to reach my 10 Keen vents. The Vents are not routers, only end points. Let me know if I can help.
          tenholde

Comment

Or still you can use a bulb or plug as router. I do like the Philips Hue bulbs, or the INNR plug (small) but any brand can do. Also check this list for possible brands of bulbs and plugs (outlets): https://phoscon.de/en/conbee2/compatible
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thank you all for the info!

Comment

Working...
              X