Status failing to update for lights on Phillips hue bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status failing to update for lights on Phillips hue bridge

The last few weeks i have been having issue with the status of the lights not matching the Hue App.

my event for example says if there is motion and the lights are off then turn them on. but it seems for no apparent reason when the light is turned off, the status doesn't update even though the light is off. so the next time you walk in the room, the lights dont turn on as the homeseer system thinks the lights are on. the reverse is also happening and it will leave the light on as it thinks the light is already off because when it turned the light on it never updated the status to on.

its only affecting the lights on the Philips Hue bridge, but not lights on my deconz and i intermittent. when the status is not updating, i check the hue app and the status is correct in that. if i then stop and restart the plugin, the status updates correctly and then after an indeterminate time the issue occurs again.

i think potentially the issue has started since the last update, but i cant see anyone else complaining of the same in the forums. so i'm not 100% sure. but its cone from uber reliable to annoying.

Will check here as well, so far I did not notice differences between deCONZ and Philips gateways. They should respond the same. During the time where Philips lights are not updated, do you see any errors in the log? (you might want to set the debug loggin on durng such a period as well. Naybe that shows a bit more information?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Wim thanks for the message. I have had debugging enabled when troubleshooting this. However There are no errors in the log at all so nothing to go on with. Its a transient fault occuring infrequently. But it's been common enough over the last few weeks for it to be an annoyance when lights are being left on, or indeed lights don't turn on when you walk into a room.

But for me it's the lack of errors that is leaning me stumped. It just seems it gets itself into a state where it won't update the state to match the hue app state until the plugin is restarted.

Comment

If the the lights are not updated agine, could you enable the detailed logging and loggin to file? Let it run that way for a few hours if possible. Then disbale the detailed logging and the loggin to file and send me the JowiHue.log file from the Logs directory? I believe you have my mail address already?

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
        X