Xiaomi Water Sensor not Reliable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xiaomi Water Sensor not Reliable

I have had this sensor for several months. I have the sensor on the floor behind my toilet. This morning my toilet somewhat flooded the bathroom. Nothing from the sensor. When I checked HS3 Device page it shows the last detected water was March 7 and Battery update was yesterday at 91%. At this point if it's something importand I'm not going to use Zigbee. For now I'll just use it for my temp sensors.

Jim

I just tested the sensor by getting my finger wet and putting them accross the contacts. It detected water on the 4th try but now it looks to be stuck on Flood Alert even though it's now dry. I tested the sensor the same when I first got them and the sensors did not behave this way. Before soon as I put on my wet finger the first time it would show flood alert then soon as i dried them the flood alert went away.

Jim

Comment

Jim,

I did not check the flood sensor for a long time (last change was Januari here). Checked it here bu throwing it in the sink with water runing, but it responded immediatley. Don't know what happend in your installaion.
      Maybe rescan the device by resetting it while the device scan is open?

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I too randomly tested one of my sensors that I installed in January and it immediately detected water and notified me.
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

were there enough router near the xiaomi sensor?

jbfoster

Comment

In this particular case the router was one floor below the sensor.
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by jbfoster View Post
              I have had this sensor for several months. I have the sensor on the floor behind my toilet. This morning my toilet somewhat flooded the bathroom. Nothing from the sensor. When I checked HS3 Device page it shows the last detected water was March 7 and Battery update was yesterday at 91%. At this point if it's something importand I'm not going to use Zigbee. For now I'll just use it for my temp sensors.

Jim
              I have 8 of these, which I test periodically. Testing today showed all detecting water. One stayed in alarm setting after drying. That one I had to rescan in Phoscon. My deConz dongle is on the first floor. Three sensors are on the second floor and not directly above the dongle. Since a water leak can be disastrous, in particularly critical areas, I have both the zigbee sensor and a Z-wave sensor. Elliott
              "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
              "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

I've been away so I havn't been able to respond. I have two Xiaomi routers within 8 and 12 feet so signal is not a problem. I have done nothing with the sensor yet. I have not messed with it since May 18th. I just tested it several times.

1st - Went into Flood Alert but took several minutes to back to Dry.
                2nd - Went into Flood Alert and took about 10 seconds to return to Dry.
                3rd - No response.
                4th - Went to Flood then Dry just fine.
                5th - Went to Flood then Dry just fine.
                6th - Went to Flood then Dry just fine.

I waited about 1 minute in between tests starting with the 2nd test and after. Maybe it just has a hiccup every now and then and doesn't respond.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                X