Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Group status after a reboot of the system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group status after a reboot of the system.

Related to this thread : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...-latest-update

I said I'd do a topic about my issue.
    ----------

Here, all my rooms ( lights) are controlled by a master Virtual device. Let take the example of the Hallway group.

In the Hallway there are 3 lights that I control.

1. A Jowihue group ( composed of 6 lights) called Hallway lamp. I CONSIDER ALL OF THEM BEING A UNIQUE ENTITY (HALLWAY LAMP)
    2. A Lutron light called Ceiling
    3. A Lutron light called stairs

I do control them Individually and withing a group called Hallway group. So I can say to alexa, Turn On|Off hallway , or set hallway to %.

So the problem is when I try to control them via group.
    Ex. When i say turn off hallway, i have set up my events in a way that each ''entity'' ( I named three here) check if its state correspond to the state of ''hallway group. If not, then it will set itself to the same setting of hallway group. If it was already the same , then this ''entity'' will do nothing.

The problem I found is , when i have restarted the pc, the state of the group do not honor the states of the light/bulbs, it is set to off ( I can see the real state of the entity hallway lamp with my eyes, it is on). So, if i ask alexa ''turn off hallway'' ...my events check if the entity is off. The events wrongly assume it is off because the hallway lamp says the lamp is off. The entity ''hallway lamp'' does nothing here and the bulbs stays on.

I have to ask alexa to turn on|off the hallway 2 or 3 time before the plugin catch the real state of the group...so it can honor my conditional events.

Here's a picture of my events for the Hallway group.

-Device ref:1042 is Hallway lamp entity
    -Device ref:1864 is the hallway group.

nb: I could make conditional events for each Philips bulb, but I'd need to make more event for this to work ( and with one event per entity group the plugin only make one api http post call I believe). And when i use the group instead of the bulbs separately, it makes all the bulbs react at the same time versus in a serial manner.

Let me know if something is not clear.

Thanks !

I found that if i turn on -off the'' hallway group '' from hs3. There is a delay for the status to be updated. I can be from 5 sec, 1 minutes, or just don't update .

so this is not just a system startup thing.

The group api from deconz seems to always reflect to real state of the lights.

in the pictures above the lamp is physically off
    Attached Files

Comment

is that a websocket connection ? or it uses polling? If it is polling what logic does it uses? something seems to be not right

Comment

Mathieu,

I am looking into it here. But I am quite busy also on other things and on a complicated change in the plugin so it is a bit slow here.
        Group checking is only polling, So the JSON above you posted should sync after 30 seconds normally.
        There is no websocket updates on groups. There will always be a delay before it updates, which could be 1 second or (max) 30 seconds.

I have a few groups here, also overlapping groups. Challenge here is that the moment I check on those groups all seem to be working fine (with delay), so I do not seem to catch the miss here so far.

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Ok thanks . Didn’t know that. 30 seconds make sense. I think It was more present at startup (more than 30 secondes) with older builds of deconz (I am on v.66 right know ).

In the mean time, i,ll modify my events. So they just perform the action on the group.Maybe deconz itself could add a way to allow WS, on groups? But there is surely a reason they didn’t do it first?

I have a question when you have time.

I saw in the plugin setting a user configurable setting for polling, wich is set to 3.0 by default . Is that a validation chek for all the lights. I mean the plugin polls all the lights, as a backup, to ensure any data didnt get missed/lost on the ws connection?

Edit: after reading this link, it seems there is a way to get a ws connnection for the groups too.? https://dresden-elektronik.github.io...doc/websocket/

Comment

Matthieu,

The option to set the refeshrate is used for Philips Hue bridges. These bridges do not have a websocket connection, so the plugin has to use polling to get the updates from the Philips Hue bridges. This is set to 3 seconds, which means if a switch is pressed or a light has been changed will be reflected by the plugin in betweed 0 and 3 seconds, so a bit of delay is always present on Philips Hue bridges. Deconz is immediately updating thanks to the websocket calls.
            The polling on deCONZ is done for the groups and eventual missed websocket updates (which does not really happen often). This polling is always set to 30 seconds, which has been a good setting which keeps the network load low and still an acceptable delay for updating groups. But I could make this configurable also, so you could configure faster updates of groups? But it does raise network load too.

Wim
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Wim,

No need to add a user configurable setting for the group polling ( for me ). I'll just perform an action on the groups instead of cheking if the status equals the same as room VD before the action... so will skip condition chek. It is less resource intensive like that vs polling more.

let me know if in the future you see an option to add WS for groups.

Thanks,
              Matt

Comment

Resolved with this event !

The condition chek if any '' real'' bulb that compose the deconz group''hallway lamp'' is different than the hs virtual ''hallway lamp group''.

Attached Files

Comment

Matthieu,

I found an issue today that might have been the issue you have been seeing. Have you been trying to use the JowiHue condition "if any light in group is on" (or off) in your event for a decONZ bridge? Because in that case the even was not working correctly for a deCONZ gateway... and should be solved in the next version.

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

hi Wim,

no i was not using that. Didn't event know about it. will chek it in next version.

it is hard to explain this in English but will try.
                    And I never had any more problem since a create the event in post #8

----

I need easy trigger as a condition to compare ( if they are different) the group of light from deconz ( or in this case a group i created with easy trigger ) to a virtual device group.

If one of the light from the group I created with easy-trigger (any of the real light related to the hallway lamp) is different then the vd group when I control the virtual device group... then the action will set the group of light ( deconz) to the same value as the virtual device group value.
                    if all the lights are the same as the vd group , then it will do nothing.

find it better than the original event. So yes it is resolved for me.

Comment

This is also very much an issue when using the "linked device" feature in HS3.
                      The group doesn't update it's status, and can then not be turned of again - by the linked device.

I would think that the linked device feature should not wait for a poll, that just seems silly :-)

I link z-wave muiltilevel switches, to my hue-bulbs via the JowiHue plugin - when using a group, instead of bulbs - I have the issue of not being able to turn off the lights, before the polling has happened.

Edit::
                      Just did a small test, it seems that setting the group status through events also doesn't update the device status instantly. Setting it through the web-gui does, though.

Comment

If you have a Philips Hue bridge (sensors, groups and lights), then that is something that cannot be changed. Lights and sensors on deCONZ are responding immediately, groups are not, similar to the Philips Hue bridge.
                        The Philips Hue bridge (and deCONZ on groups) is not sending direct updates. Nothing I can do to change it. linked device or the orignial device, there is no difference in response time. If the original device does not change, the linked one won't either?
                        And indeed, the plugin does update its own status directly on user actions on the device management page, not event actions. I can see if I can change that part.
                        -- Wim

Comment

Hi, I'm using deconz+conbee2.

If event actions forced the status, I could work around my problem.
                          Linked devices doesn't update the status of the group, if the group is the device being linked to. The main device changes status, jowihue groups does not.

Thank you for a great plugin

Edit:
                          It just struck me, the linked light does turn on (the phoscon/deconz part must get the update) - but the homeseer interface doesn't update the linked device. Thats odd, actually.

Comment

My problem is almost solved in the latest beta. x.4.2.

There are still some stability issues, when switching devices on and off in rapid succession - but hey, Beta !

thank you!

Comment

Not sure if I can get it any closer, because it is just dependant on the polling part. Especially rapid updates won't match the polling frequency wich will result in unexpected values....

Wim
                              -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                              X