Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bdickhaus
    replied
    Sat is for Saturation and CT is for Color Temperature. In the Hue app these are controls that change the color and temperature of a bulb. These values are also made available at the group level. Everything in the Hue app is mapped to devices in HomeSeer.

Leave a comment:

• A911Pro
    replied
    OK, Thanks for the Info. I'll check the Hue App and see what is going on. Can you explain what these are in each device? I don't understand the Sat & CT and why they are necessary?
    JowiHue JowiHue Living room (Hue) JowiHueGroupHue 6/17/2019
    9:19:35 AM
    Down Up
    JowiHue JowiHue Living room (Sat) JowiHueGroupSat 6/17/2019
    9:19:35 AM
    Down Up
    JowiHue JowiHue Living room (CT) JowiHueGroupCT

Leave a comment:

• logman
    replied
    Originally posted by A911Pro View Post
    I just installed the plugin and connected it to a Hue Bridge which has 3 devices (lamps) (so far) connected to it. The plugin detected the bridge just fine and created 36 Devices in HS. Problem is that I feel 36 devices in HS is totally unnecessary for simple on/off dim/bright and color change commands. Is there a "simple" version of this plugin or am I missing something? I realize I can delete devices but have no idea which ones are necessary and which ones can go, or maybe move them to another "room" for storage?

Also, does anyone know if Cree Zigbee bulbs will work with the Phillips Hue Hub? Or possibly another device that is supported by HS and JowiHue?

Thanks,
    Don
    Something is wrong if you got 36 devices from 3 color bulbs. The plugin should create 4 devices (grouped together) for each color bulb, plus a single device that represents the Hue hub. So 13 devices total.

In addition, the plugin will create 4 devices for each "Room" you have created in the Hue app. For instance, if you have the 3 bulbs grouped together in the Hue app under room "Den", then the plugin will create 4 more devices (grouped together) that represent the room "Den" which will let you control all three lights at once from Homeseer. So that would give you 17 devices total.

Do you have a room created for each light bulb? If so, you would have 25 devices total. Also, Hue now allows "Zones" to be created within rooms, which will also result in 4 more devices each to be created. So if you had each bulb in a separate zone within a seperate room, you would have a total of 37 devices (including the hub virtual device) created from your original 3 bulbs.

What you do in the Hue app effects how devices are created in the JowiHue plugin, so I would take a look at the Hue app to see if you have unnecessary rooms and/or zones created there.

For individual bulbs that I know I won't often be controlling individually (example: chandelier bulbs), as you suggest I move the individual bulbs to their own "Room/Floor" named (Floor) JowiHue (Room) Hue Hub1 for storage. This helps to keep the clutter down in other floors/rooms.

--Barry

Leave a comment:

• A911Pro
    started a topic To many devices created....

To many devices created....

I just installed the plugin and connected it to a Hue Bridge which has 3 devices (lamps) (so far) connected to it. The plugin detected the bridge just fine and created 36 Devices in HS. Problem is that I feel 36 devices in HS is totally unnecessary for simple on/off dim/bright and color change commands. Is there a "simple" version of this plugin or am I missing something? I realize I can delete devices but have no idea which ones are necessary and which ones can go, or maybe move them to another "room" for storage?

Also, does anyone know if Cree Zigbee bulbs will work with the Phillips Hue Hub? Or possibly another device that is supported by HS and JowiHue?

Thanks,
    Don
Working...
X