Event Controlling One Room of Hue Lights Is Affecting Other Rooms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Controlling One Room of Hue Lights Is Affecting Other Rooms

I have an event that flashes the lights in my office (10 Hue bulbs) 2 times for each lightning flash detected by my Weatherflow weather station. It works great except some other rooms, including bedrooms, are also flashing which is not so great. i can't find anything that would link the other rooms to the office and normal actions through the Hue hub using Hue switches, Hue motion sensors, or Alexa all operate as expected. Any idea what could be causing the crossover of device control?

Is your event flashing the single JowiHue virtual device ("Office") that represents the 10 office bulbs that are grouped together in a room named "Office" in the Hue app? Or flashing the 10 bulbs individually? Or running an animation scene created within JowiHue Creativity that contains the 10 bulbs? Each scenario could point to different places to diagnose....

--Barry

Comment

Flashing the single virtual device that represents the 10 office bulbs.

Comment

Look under the "JowiHue" tab of the virtual device properties and make sure it contains only the 10 office bulbs, or see if other rooms/bulbs are somehow associated with it. Also look at the "Connected Lights" section to make sure only 10 "lights" are listed in the Room section of the page....

Click image for larger version  Name:	jowihue_device_tab.png Views:	0 Size:	337.9 KB ID:	1312803

If everything looks correct here, then maybe Wim can step in with more suggestions.

--Barry

Comment

Good suggestions but unfortunately both sections look fine. Only the 10 bulbs that are supposed to be there.

Comment

Mike,

If the group is correct, then it is weird other lights are effected as well. Could you send me a detailed trace on this? Follow these steps to do this:
            1. Enable the detailed trace and log to file options in the configuraion page of the plugin
            2. Open the event that should send the alert - also make sure to open the action if you use the JowiHue actions for this. No need to change anything
            3. if you use scenes or animation for the alert, also open and close the used scenes and animations - there might be an error hiding in these
            4. Last: trigger the event that should do the alert in the office group
            5. Disable the detailed trace and trace to log options on the configuration page.
            Send the JowiHue.log from the logs subdirectory of your homeseer installation to me, together with an image of the events actions?
            Send it to jowihue at ziggo dot nl

Thanks,

Wim
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
              Mike,

If the group is correct, then it is weird other lights are effected as well. Could you send me a detailed trace on this? Follow these steps to do this:
              1. Enable the detailed trace and log to file options in the configuraion page of the plugin
              2. Open the event that should send the alert - also make sure to open the action if you use the JowiHue actions for this. No need to change anything
              3. if you use scenes or animation for the alert, also open and close the used scenes and animations - there might be an error hiding in these
              4. Last: trigger the event that should do the alert in the office group
              5. Disable the detailed trace and trace to log options on the configuration page.
              Send the JowiHue.log from the logs subdirectory of your homeseer installation to me, together with an image of the events actions?
              Send it to jowihue at ziggo dot nl

Thanks,

Wim
              Thanks. I'll get that out this evening.

Comment

Sent.

Comment

Another thunderstorm and all my Hue lights are flashing. Any ideas on this?

Comment

MIke,

Did you recieve my anser on private mail? The event consists of 2 actions. One for the office. But the second "then" is sending the same command to ALL Lights...... I sent you my answer on this a week ago?

Wim
                    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Didn't see it. I'll check the spam filter.

Edit: Found it. Don't know how I missed it.

I also see where the second THEN statement is different from the first (supposed to be the same to give two flashes). Again don't know how I missed that. I need to slow down a bit. Sorry to bug you with something so obvious.

Comment

No problem Mike, I see myself doing the same from time to time... We all learn from it!

Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                        X