• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JowiHue Beta 2.0.4.8

Beta 2.0.4.8 (September 3)
    • solved an issue when sending a command to all lights group

Beta 2.0.4.7 (September 1)
    • Updated initialisation of the plugin for Linux installs to solve a error when HS3 is starting at the same time
    • Changed grouphandling as on Mono a lock could develop on handling groups
    • Changed handling of Philips Hue Bridge updates - removed all remnants of checking for updates

Beta 2.0.4.6 (August 26)
    • Resolved an issue where a energy total measurement would go above 999.99. This would cause the plugin not initialising correctly
    • The new methods for groupdevice handling could result in damaged internal datastructures. A change has beeen done to prevent this from happening
    • Sovled an issue with conversion of bridges

Beta 2.0.4.5 (August 20)
    • New installation of a bridge threw errors because the device was not initialised correctly, this is corrected.
    • The upcoming updateof Philips bridges will change the name "Philips" into "Signify". Plugin has been updated to handle this.
    • Solved issues using Keen vents, devices were not converted correctly. Also new creation of devices did not work well. Now devices are grouped as expected.
    • The plugin is now compiled for .NET 4.5.2, hoping to change an issue on Mono.
    Unexpectedly Philips Hue briges are already updating their name to Signify. In this version you will find the solution when needed, but please keep in mind this is an beta and have a backup of both the plugin and the Homeseer database at hand?

Beta 2.0.4.4 (August 1)
    • Solved an issue where multiple root devices could be created through the bridge maintenance page and saving the group without adding lights in the groups
    • Deleting a group or light on the Bridge maintenance page will now also remove the root device.
    • when creating devices for a RGBW ledstrip, grouping of devices would cause the RGB on/off device to be set with incorrect options, this is corrected.
    • Repaired an issue for deleting a scene used in animations. this should show a wanrning message on the creativity page, but this was hiding. Now enabled again
    • Updated handling of the all lights groups to takaway some of the reported 'sluggisness'
    • Dimming up or down the brightness of lights on Philips Hue bridges would cycle its value still, where deCONZ would stop cycling. This is corrected, so that also Philips bridges will no longer cycle the dim values,
    • Updated the initial database to prevent errors during database upgrades for new users.

Beta 2.0.4.3 (July 22)
    • Made sure the version number was updated correctly
    • Some code cleaning that was not used anymore
    • Updated group handling to be more efficient

Beta 2.0.4.2 (July 20)
    • Corrected an issue when enabling or disabling color pickers through the configuration page
    • Included groups when rebuilding device values through the configuration page
    • Enabled rebuild device values per group device
    • !! Enabled the correct color control options for voice control (you have to rebuild devicevalues for lights once for this!). The only device needed to enable voice control is the on/off device
    • Solved an issue when renaming a group device

Beta 2.0.4.1 (July 19)
    • During the conversion the new parent devices will be given the same location info as the original parent device
    • Group devices for Hue/Sat and CT values were recognised as lights, not as groups. This is corrected now
    • During initialisation sensordevices could throw an error. this should be resolved now

Beta 2.0.4.0 (July 18)

This is a new beta with major changes. I am hoping some of you are willing to test.
    I have had this beta version running for two weeks now and tried numerous conversions, so I think/hope there will be no issues for you all

First and most important before using the beta is having a backup of the old plugin and also a working backup of your HomeSeer database!.

The main change of the plugin is converting the parent devices to the way HST wants to use them. The plugin used to create one parent device that held functional values, like the on/off of a light, or used for example the motion sensor part of a multisensor as parent device. This version will convert the grouped devices so that there is a holding device, that has no active function.

It comes with an advantage - if a new multisensor is enabled or a new RGBW light is used, the plugin does no longer need intervention from me, but will make sure the correct devices are grouped correctly. So in the future we will see advantages to this change.

If you are joining this beta test, please make sure you have a backup of your homeseer database and the plugin. Enable detailed tracing and log to file option in the configuration page BEFORE installing the beta, so you have a trace when the new beta starts? If anything goes wrong, make sure to save the JowiHue.log file from the logs directory of HomeSeer. Then restore the old database and the old version of the plugin and report back?

If the conversion done by the plugin finds no issues, it will report this in the HS log. Yu should be able to keep using the beta version for your normal use. If ever you want to return to the old version of the plugin, you really have to restore the HomeSeer database as well as the old plugin will not work with the new devices!

For now everything should still work like normal for you, with the next few changes added to this major change:
    • Handling of group actions is changes to try to deliver a faster response. This works in 80% of the actions, but some are still depending on polling.
    • Handling of the conditions of "if any light in group [] is on/off" has been altered to be more efficient, also a bug for deCONZ gateways has been solved
    • if lights were controlled by xy values, they could miss the correct color setting now and then. this is now improved in reliablitty
    • Speed of handling light commands has been improved a bit (not very nticible though)
    • An issue with vibration sensor has been resolved. Hard to notice but the position info could be off every now and then.
    • In the past some device information could be wrong internally, this is now corrected during the device conversion.

Please post any findings you have on this beta on this thread. If you have logs, please send them to jowihue at ziggo dot nl?

Thanks

Wim
    Last edited by w.vuyk; August 21, 2019, 08:26 AM. Reason: Releasing 2.0.4.5 beta
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Sounds exciting. Will the change in parent device structure effect existing Homeseer events that use the current parent devices? Or will that be handled in the conversion process?

--Barry

Comment

The change will not effect the events. The existing parent devices stay on the same reference id so events do not need to change. There is only a new device added (the new root device) and internally the devices are linked together. Those steps do not influence events as far I know.

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Updated to 2.0.4.0 this afternoon (a few hours ago) and so far no major issues. I'm seeing a few "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" errors in the log, but I haven't had time to track them down yet... Probably just a missing ct or hue child device.

Only complaint is the conversion process created new parent devices (as expected), but in my case that resulted in a little over 300 new devices. Those were all created in Floor/Room "JowiHue/JowiHue", but the child devices were located in other various rooms/floors. Would be nice if the conversion could either create or move the new parent devices to the same floor/room as the related child devices are located in. Took me a couple of hours to sort all of that out.

--Barry

Comment

All seems to be working.

but have this in hs log ( see pm).

I sent you the trace via email.

Comment

I have restored my backup ( entire ssd). So i am now on the old plugin version, just in case.

something interesting is that the root device change (update the changed time) when any of is children change.
            Is that on purpose ?
            I can see an advantage ( You can set event to monitor the root... so if any children change the event will fire) and an inconvenient ( pc resources?).

Thanks for this update . If you think the errors were easily correctable , tell me i will install again. All was operational think.
            What is the check the plugin is performing on theses devices?

Comment

After doing more testing, I realize I've lost control of color (hue, sat, ct) of light groups and I get this error in the log:
              Error: (SetDeviceByUserRequest)::SDBUR setstate hue start-----Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
              Error: (SetDeviceByUserRequest)::SDBUR setstate sat start-----Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

This appears to be effecting all light groups, whether they are joined to a Hue hub or to deCONZ. On/off function still works normally for the groups, and control of individual bulbs is working normally. The issue is only affecting groups.

It's getting late tonight, so I'll do more testing tomorrow.

--Barry

Comment

logman

I have found the issue here too. Will try to solve this tonight and send a new beta. No new conversion should be needed I expect, the update should solve the issue. I will also change the behaviour for the conversion, so it will use the original location info, did not think of that in time

I had a quick glance at your log and see the errors. You did not have these errors before yet? When I check one of the devices (reference id 1050, LV Hue Motion), the conversion works fine, but it throws errors during the real init of the plugin.
                Is it reachable at the moment? I will check more on this tonight......
                -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                  something interesting is that the root device change (update the changed time) when any of is children change.
                  Is that on purpose ?
                  I can see an advantage ( You can set event to monitor the root... so if any children change the event will fire) and an inconvenient ( pc resources?).

Thanks for this update . If you think the errors were easily correctable , tell me i will install again. All was operational think.
                  What is the check the plugin is performing on theses devices?
                  Matthieu,

Yes I did this on purpose, I am using the manage devices page mostly sorted on last change so I have a quick few on the last changes. The problem with grouped devices with a root device is that most often the root device never changes, so those devices will never show on top of this sorted list. So I update the time when any subdevice changes, so it will show on top of the sorted list if there was a change.

The plugin itself does not really do anything with the rootdevice, I started this change because there were issues for the device status pages forthe plugin and the HomeSeer Mobile app was not always happy with the plugins device setup. Also - and maybe most important - Rich warned me that the " functional" rootdevices might not be supported anymore in HS4...
                  -- Wim

Comment

Thanks for your answer Wim!

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                      logman

I have found the issue here too. Will try to solve this tonight and send a new beta. No new conversion should be needed I expect, the update should solve the issue. I will also change the behaviour for the conversion, so it will use the original location info, did not think of that in time

I had a quick glance at your log and see the errors. You did not have these errors before yet? When I check one of the devices (reference id 1050, LV Hue Motion), the conversion works fine, but it throws errors during the real init of the plugin.
                      Is it reachable at the moment? I will check more on this tonight......

Yes it is reacheable. I only have one device not reachable and it is ‘’ bathroom mirror’’ or something like that (I broke the sensor :s lol ) .

The error is showing for a lot of devices .

And no never seen this .

Comment

I have been longing for this. I will test this weekend.
                        If it works, then I can delete a boatload of virtual devices I had to create to make the status page work.
                        Thank you......

Comment

New beta 2.0.4.1 released.

logman
                          Your issues with group devices should be resolved with this version. No need indeed to redo the conversion
                          If you want to redo the conversion, the new parent devices should now inherit the location information from the original parent devices....

I hope to have catched the issue you were seeing. But I am surprised not having the same issue myself here.... so please test.
                          One extra step for you might help if it is not resolved. Do not restart the plugin after installation directly, but go to the zip file of the beta, you should find it in the updates3 folder of the HS installation. In this zip file you will find a extra file, HSPI_JowiHUe.pdb. Place this file in the HS3 directory next to the exe. during run it will generate exra information for me in the detailed log, now even in mono. Send me the log file after the conversion? Hoping all will be well...

Thanks Wim
                          -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                            New beta 2.0.4.1 released.

logman
                            Your issues with group devices should be resolved with this version. No need indeed to redo the conversion
                            If you want to redo the conversion, the new parent devices should now inherit the location information from the original parent devices....

Thanks Wim
                            Great! I'll slap it in and give it a whirl today. Will report back later how everything is running.

--Barry

Comment

Upgraded to 2.0.4.1 and so far, so good. I've regained control of group color functions (hue, sat, ct) and everything appears to be working normally. No errors in the log whatsoever thus far. Color transitions are smooth and responsive (very quick!) and I see a noticeable improvement in response times over prior versions. Great job so far!

I'll keep an eye on it and report back later this evening.

--Barry

Comment

Working...
                              X